How to stay awake during night feeds part 7 - put in your orders for sleepy dust!

(1000 Posts)

Can't believe we are on part 7! and I'm still here

Welcome one and all smile

larlemucker Wed 06-Feb-13 04:21:46

Can't believe it is our first feed here and tbh he wasn't properly awake when I got him out of cot but I really needed to feed him before exploding! He isn't in a grobag tonight as all in wash so don't know if that's made a difference, wondering if he Is usually too warm. marbles glad work went well, hope transfer was successful.
heff lucky you going out, not sure if I'll ever have a social life again!
funch only you know your baby well enough to know if cc is right for you. I personally don't think I could do it but baby larle is only 5 and a half weeks old. However I also swore I'd never co sleep and ended up with him in our bed for about 2 weeks! Hope it works for you.

Impressed I've managed to write so much on my phone! Seems quiet out there so hope lots of you are sleeping

funchum8am Wed 06-Feb-13 07:19:53

Grr app just ate a really long post!

Basically last night went pretty well! She slept 7-12, settled easily without a feed, then did 12-1:30 then fed, easily settled then slept til 4:15 (totally amazing stretch for us!). Then we had a fair bit of crying and I gave her calpol in case it was teething pain but she went back to sleep 5-6:15, which again is unheard of here. I got loads more sleep than usual, as did babyfunch, and the longest she cried was 45 mins, but with us going in every 5-8 mins to check and reassure her. I think she will do even better tonight as she had bad naps yesterday, but if they are better today and she doesn't sleep too much in the afternoon I think that 4:15 wake up should move later. Fingers crossed anyway.

Best of all she is still smily and happy this morning so she must have forgiven us already smile

Marbles, really glad you survived work and missmarbles was good for DM. I bet finding out it finished at 1 was a bonus!

Heff the thread cake was absolutely delicious! Thank you grin

Goat hope you are ok out there!

Larle I am keen to hear if you work out that grobags are making baby too hot to sleep well, could be something for me to consider...she always feels warm but with cold hands as we can't work out how to get the radiator in her room warmer without all the radiators in the house going too hot. The individual settings on the just don't seem to work angry

brew To everyone!

Well done baby small on your rolling.

MrsN glad you and little man had a good time at swimming and we'll done on losing 2lbs.

Thanks for cake Heff, have fun at buggyfit.

Glad your first day back went okay marbles, hope you got a bit more sleep.

Hope you enjoyed your night of relaxation susie.

Brain, larle and Amey hope you all got a bit more rest.

Funch sounds like a promising night.

Stitch took her first steps on Monday and has been practising ever since, must be tiring her out as she went 10.30pm to 2.30am, then woke at 6.30am and slept until 8am. My mum is visiting today, looking forward to seeing her.

MrsNPattz Wed 06-Feb-13 10:16:27

It's just true what they say about swimming - little man slept through, 8:30-7:30! He woke me up at half 1 and 20 past 6 but he was just making noise in his sleep - bit annoying that I didn't get the full stretch uninterrupted but I'm not complaining!

MIL is having him this afternoon while I go for an Indian head massage and get my nails done - can't wait smile

Funch - no judging from me, hope it works for you, already sounds like it is grin

Susieloo Wed 06-Feb-13 14:15:53

Big long post from me earlier and it got eaten-boooo

Babyloo also slept through from 6pm until 7 this morning, he had his muslin with him all night which helped-I'm cautiously optimistic that this might be the start of a new routine!!

funch totally believe its your baby and you have to do what's right for you.

Ameybee Wed 06-Feb-13 15:58:26

Oh my god I'm jealous of all the sleeping through susie and mrsn! Obviously pleased for you tho! grin X

funchum8am Wed 06-Feb-13 18:57:22

Also jealous of sleepy babies but completely delighted for you....get your caps and gowns ready, we may need a graduation ceremony soon! fully expects people to set an alarm for 3am to come and join us on here regardless

Ameybee Wed 06-Feb-13 19:08:05

Ha ha yes fun they had better keep us company at 3am! Me and you will still be here when baby funch and babybee are 8!! confused!
I've been sorting through the baby clothes to send off for a keepsake blanket & I started to feel a bit teary and slightly broody! DH not keen on no 3 tho, wonder how I can convince him?!? not for another 3 years at least tho x

Smallgreenone Wed 06-Feb-13 19:37:49

Don't worry I'll be here with you for years I think! I am going to try this swimming though. Does baby small need a wet suit?

geekette Wed 06-Feb-13 19:40:00

wish I had the energy to post more often. don't know how you lot do it!

well done to all those who have found the right sleep dust! I am envy but living in hope to join you soon.

last night was so bad that all of us, baby, dad and mum all woke up grumpy. cue worst day ever.

MrsNPattz Wed 06-Feb-13 20:20:19

I don't think it's the start of something wonderful - just the result of being cream crackered from Water Babies! Time will tell though! I didn't use a wet suit Small, just a happy nappy, but I have one to use in public pools in case they are colder - the pool for Water Babies has to be a certain temp! I think we are going swimming on Sunday as we are staying in the hotel that SIL is getting married in and they have a pool, can't wait for hubby to see him smile

I'm shattered and have the lurgy lurking so hope it's a straight forward bed time!

Susieloo Wed 06-Feb-13 20:35:35

I'm in bed praying for a repeat of last night but babyloo has got a really bad cold and sounds like a little train next to me. In debating leaving his muslin in the cot with him because it does seem to really settle him but I'm worried he will sleep with it over his face all bunched up.

Hoping for good nights for everyone.

larlemucker Wed 06-Feb-13 21:35:06

Baby larle slept really well last night, feel like a different woman! Hope this is the start of things to come!
MrsN Hope you feel better soon.
Don't worry amey and funch baby larle is only 6 weeks so think I'll be here for a while yet!
6 week check tomorrow, fingers crossed all ok for us both and we can start pilates next week.
Sleep dust to everyone

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Wed 06-Feb-13 22:25:35

Wow well done to all the sleepy babies! grin I thought it was v quiet on here last night, so glad to hear its because lots of you were catching up on much needed sleep.

Our night was ok, nothing too horrendous but still a few wakings. My meal out was lovely though it was really good to just spend a couple of hours chatting with friends over a bottle of wine and not worry about making sure I ordered food I could eat while juggling a baby or wrestling with a toddler. Still missed them though so can't win either way!

I'm hoping to get a few hours in now before first waking but she does seem to wake whenever I come to bed no matter how quiet I try to be or what time I come up. Just put another blanket on her as its freezing up here, roll on summer.

Night all, hoping for more successes all round! xx

MissingMyMarbles Wed 06-Feb-13 22:27:55

Think I'll be here forever a while too; Missmarbles is 7 months on Monday confused I do know, though, that they DO sleep through. Eventually.

Yay for first steps, Stitch. So cutesmile Missmarbles is desperately trying to crawl. Am hoping she cracks on and then tires herself out -LOL!grin

Funch we put a plug-in oil radiator in Missmarbles room to keep the temp a bit more constant, as we had the same problem.

We had loads of feeding last night, little more than 2 hours apart but all the transfers were smooth. She woke up crying at 9pm tonight with a bit of a croupy sounding coughsad She is snotty hoping it's her teeth. Hope she sleeps longer than for 2 hours at a time tonight....

MissingMyMarbles Wed 06-Feb-13 22:31:57

Meant to congratulate the sleepers too blush
Am trying to do three none baby related things at once because you can do a million baby-related things at once, bizarrely

larlemucker Thu 07-Feb-13 00:06:01

Baby larle is not going to let me sleep tonight, feeding and can hardly keep eyes open. He has been so good today too went to visit the ladies in my choir this eve and he was so good. Think he enjoyed the singing!
Why is it when they wake you up totally knackered they then lie there smiling at you?

Ameybee Thu 07-Feb-13 00:50:54

I came to bed early then couldn't bloody sleep confusedconfused grr! Babybee just having a bottle but he went down at 630 tonight so know we will be up early so ill be knackered. Can hear poor DD coughing so that could be us up with her too! DH is out Tomo night - I'm nervous as I'm sure he will roll in at 3am & ill be doing this alone!!
Sleepy dust all x

MrsNPattz Thu 07-Feb-13 02:07:38

I knew it wouldn't last - first feed here! Never mind. I woke up earlier having a tickly coughing fit, thinking I had been asleep hours, it was only about 20 mins!!

Glad you had a lovely meal Heff!

MrsNPattz Thu 07-Feb-13 02:42:01

He's wide awake too blush

larlemucker Thu 07-Feb-13 03:23:30

Second feed here although already been up a couple of times letting him have a comfort suck send him to sleep.
So far he doesn't feel too got in grobag, I have turned radiator down, but last time he woke the grobag was wet round lie back of his neck and under chin but he hadn't been sick. I assume it was sweat?

TheDarkSideOfTheSpoon Thu 07-Feb-13 04:00:36

Not sure what number feed we're on, have had her in with me since first waking but no idea what time that was. Sat up now hoping to transfer after this feed as dd1 is in with us wanting a cuddle as her room's so cold.

Well done on first steps stitch!

MrsNPattz Thu 07-Feb-13 07:41:45

Second feed here probably first morning feed but trying to be hopeful the post man just delivered a parcel at 7:30!! It's Joshua's rag doll and blanket made from his clothes, and I was awake, so I didn't really mind but just thought it was super early!

Smallgreenone Thu 07-Feb-13 12:27:14

We had our usual night so not too bad, just wish it was one waking not two.
Just signed up for water babies, I'm so excited! It starts next week but we're away so will have to miss the fist session. It's in a hydrotherapy pool so hope it's a bit warmer than most pools as I'm a wimp!
Also took baby small to baby babble this morning and at the start of the class the woman said it would really tire them out- baby small has been asleep since it finished at 10.30 so two hours! He never naps that long! I'm even going to have to wake him for a feed soon which is unheard of!

funchum8am Thu 07-Feb-13 13:20:49

I am expressing at work right now so thought of you all. night 2 of cc was ok though not quite as amazing as night 1. First waking at 1:20 was easy as fed her, then awake briefly at 2.30 but no problem, but then lots of crying and checking on her 3:45-5:30 on and off. But then she slept til 7:10!!! Me, DH and DM were all hanging about twiddling our thumbs! So hoping we are on the right road.

The cold is a killer when you are up at night. sorry to hear of coughs and lurgy, I am just getting over a nasty one.

Better go, can hear pupils outside wondering what the noise from the pump is!

This thread is not accepting new messages.