Breastfeeding hunger!

(12 Posts)

I'm liking the Nutella suggestions! I'd prefer healthy suggestions, but my main objective is filling, I hate eating something & still feeling hungry. I can remember when dd1 was about 5 months, and I'd just eaten a full roast dinner, & hardly felt like I'd eaten! It was like the food had immediately been put into milk production!

DoingTheSwanThing Mon 03-Dec-12 23:02:46

Sorry. But as a continuation of the theme; salted pretzels dipped in microwaved nutella. Seriously, it's the business.

DoingTheSwanThing Mon 03-Dec-12 23:01:09

Rice cakes, with peanut butter and nutella.
Ah. You wanted healthy suggestions, didn't you?
Not helpful but divine

Thanks all, some good ideas there! Particularly salivating at the idea of tortellini! Sadly I don't like bananas, wish I did!

cairnterrier Mon 03-Dec-12 19:20:49

Crunchy peanut butter on malt loaf. First dreamt up during furst pregnancy and still a favourite snack now smile

forevergreek Mon 03-Dec-12 19:17:42

avocado on a bagel! yum

Banana
Small bowl of porridge with pumpkin/seaseme seeds
Pre-Prepared salad with bread roll
Dark chocolate
Fresh tortellini (sp) with pesto?

Don't forget to drink lots of water smile

flipflopson5thavenue Mon 03-Dec-12 18:44:24

make a batch of pasta salad and scoff it cold?

jaggythistle Mon 03-Dec-12 18:13:12

<stuffs face>

I've been having Greek yoghurt (full fat of course) sometimes with fruit. sometimes with just golden syrup

I'm a bit stuck too and have ended up having a lot of cereal bars.

DS2 is 7mo now but I still get more hungry sometimes smile

Ha ha, yes, not liking houmous could be a problem in that scenario! I do like it, so will try that, thanks.

TerrariaMum Mon 03-Dec-12 17:50:55

Try toast with hummus or carrot sticks with hummus. This worked for me. Unless you hate hummus in which case, don't.

Dd2 is 4 and a half months, and I'm finding I feel so hungry, especially in the afternoons! Of course I'm eating the regulation cakes/biscuits wink, but I'm wondering others eat as a filling snack? I'm very slim, so not trying to lose weight. I sometimes have toast, but it just doesn't fill me up. I remember feeling like this when dd1 was this age. I also tend to have dinner quite late, as it can take a while to settle both children to bed, so I need something to keep me going until then, and ideally stop me grabbing sugary rubbish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now