8 month old refusing boob..

(3 Posts)
LoopsInHoops Sun 02-Dec-12 14:23:10

Sorry, no help really buy perhaps try googling 'nursing strike'? Good luck smile

No idea about how your boobs handle it (didn't manage past 6wks) but if he's teething try calpol and see if he'll feed - prob 30 mibs for calpol to kick in.

Neither of my ff dc would feed in any form when teething. It won't last forever- promise! smile

icurgnmum Sun 02-Dec-12 13:27:54

Hi all, hoping someone wise can give me a clue what I should do.. My boy is just over 8 months, fed on demand til 6, started weaning, loves his food.. Was doing one morning feed, one after lunch and one at bedtime, then 10pm ish, then random night feeds.. Has been highly distracted for weeks and weeks, plus had colds for about two months, now free of cold, but teething madly. My problem is that he will not feed. He actually turns not only his head, but his whole body away. I haven't fed since 4am.. It just seems like I've been struggling to keep him feeding for months. We feed in his room, in the quiet and dark.. He will still feed at night.. I feel so muddled, boobs up and down and sore and I'm knackered. Soz for enormous rant.. Can anyone shed some light?? Cheers. Nadia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now