PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway: The House We Grew Up In by Lisa Jewell

(32 Posts)
AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Jun-14 14:16:05

Picture an Easter weekend when tragedy strikes; a tragedy so unexpected - so devastating - that no one can talk about it.

We're giving away 50 copies of The House We Grew Up In by Top Ten bestselling author Lisa Jewell, who joined us for a Q&A to talk about her novel The Making of Us and writing career back in 2012. Described by Jojo Moyes as 'Clever, intelligent, and believable on a subject few of us really understand', The House We Grew Up In follows the unforgettable story of a family with a secret at its core.

Apply for a free copy here, we will post on the thread once all the copies have gone. Please come back here and tell us what you thought of the book, or you can post a review.

To celebrate the release of the hardback last year, we launched a competition where we asked you to post pictures of the house where you grew up. Check out our gallery of the best photos here.

This book giveaway is sponsored by The Random House Group

Yes please! I love Lisa Jewel's books.

ScarlettDarling Mon 02-Jun-14 14:26:00

Fingers crossed!

Xenadog Mon 02-Jun-14 16:59:39

Ooh I hope I get one!

Itsfab Mon 02-Jun-14 21:25:56

Just applied. Thank you very much.

Have recently read a book with much trumpeted twists in the middle and end and I was a bit hmm as missed one completely and then the book just fizzled out in the end. This has happened with a few books I have read. I really wish authors would have as strong an ending as beginning.

I hope Lisa's tragedy book lives up to the hype.

Thank you flowerscake.

sallyst123 Mon 02-Jun-14 21:32:45

Fingers crossed. Just applied

frazzledbutcalm Tue 03-Jun-14 11:26:07

Have applied. Fingers crossed. smile

frogletsmum Tue 03-Jun-14 13:38:04

Fingers crossed here too! Loved Ralph's Party many moons ago.

mom2010 Mon 09-Jun-14 13:34:02

Lisa Jewell is really good! Hope to get a copy!

Anitata Mon 09-Jun-14 23:32:30

Yes please.x

AliceMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-Jun-14 09:51:37

This giveaway is now closed. We will inform those who have been selected to receive a free copy via email. Please come back here and let us know your thoughts on the book. Happy Reading!

LillianGish Tue 10-Jun-14 09:58:35

Yes please !

Dwerf Tue 10-Jun-14 09:59:51

Bugger, wish I'd seen this sooner!

mom2010 Tue 17-Jun-14 14:02:45

Happy to receive a copy! Thank you mumsnet. I thought I did not make it this time cause I did not receive the mail that usually says that you have been selected to receive a copy! Can't wait to finish my other book and get started on this one!

3princessesand1dude Tue 17-Jun-14 15:10:03

Recieved my copy today. Cant wait to get started! Thanks Mumsnet x

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Tue 17-Jun-14 15:13:11

I've just read this, got it from my local library. I actually couldn't put it down. Finished it in an afternoon. smile

ScarlettDarling Tue 17-Jun-14 17:04:04

Fab , just received a copy, nice surprise as no email! Am currently engrossed reading a game of thrones...will read this as soon as i finish!

BigcatLittlecat Tue 17-Jun-14 18:20:50

How exciting! Just come home to a book in the post. No email though! Will let you know what I think! smile

frazzledbutcalm Tue 17-Jun-14 18:48:53

Just received my copy ... thank you mumsnet!! Was disappointed thinking I hadn't been successful as I also didn't get an email. Lovely surprise!!

PandaFeet Tue 17-Jun-14 19:42:40

I didn't get an email either, but did get an email about a different book, so I am wondering will I get that too.

It only arrived this morning and I am half way through already! Will post again when I have finished it. Thank you!

JennyOnTheBlocks Wed 18-Jun-14 21:05:25

No email, but book arrived yesterday

Looking forwards to starting it in a few minutes, thank you

Keepcalmanddrinkwine Thu 19-Jun-14 22:46:25

My copy arrived yesterday too. Thank you very much. I have a long train journey on the weekend so am keeping it for then.
smile

mom2010 Sat 21-Jun-14 15:38:11

Finished my copy of the house we grew up in and wow, what a read. It is clever, sad and a very well written story.

Top marks to jewell for spinning out a story of a bizarre family and making it so believable.

Here is a detailed review of the book. Thanks again, Mumsnet!

onerightword.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/the-house-we-grew-up-in-lisa-jewell.html

sallyst123 Sat 21-Jun-14 17:13:48

finished the book. what a great read. posted my review in the review book section thanks mumsnet

SunshinePanda Mon 23-Jun-14 20:23:23

Received my copy - thanks. Just finished the last book I was reading so looking forward to getting started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now