PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Noisy Farm and Noisy Trucks by Little Tiger Press - 25 copies of each book to giveaway (CLOSED)

(44 Posts)
RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 19-Sep-13 13:54:39

Noisy Farm and Noisy Trucks are interactive pre-school books designed to stimulate toddlers' minds with exciting sounds, colourful layouts and tactile textures all in a chunky board book style. Apply for a free copy and those who are selected will receive a copy of either Noisy Farm or Noisy Trucks. Don't forget to report back and let us know what your dcs think.

MTBer Wed 30-Oct-13 21:35:54

We have the Noisy Farm book and it is bright and bold. My DS is 2 1/2 and he struggled a bit to push the buttons to activate the noises as the text says "Stroke the lamb's fleece" - he was gently stroking and there was no noise. The same thing happened with "Tickle the piglet's ear" - lots of tickling and no noise - so he got a bit frustrated.

WheresMyCow Wed 23-Oct-13 17:15:30

Thanks for the copy of the Noisy Trucks book. As it was DS's 3rd birthday at the weekend, we saved it and gave it as an extra birthday present. So far he loves it grin and has worked out where the buttons are on each page.

We've only read it through with him once at the moment, as he's too interested in flipping the pages to get to the next noise!

Fairly sturdy book, but as one pp said, it is quite disappointing to have such a thick section with the workings in for the noises as DS keeps trying to open it as if the pages are stuck together - but he has done this with other books too.

Overall, I think it's a great book, thanks again for sending us a copy grin

KiranChug Tue 22-Oct-13 20:41:38

We loved the Noisy Farm! Here's my review smile http://mummysays.net/2013/10/22/noisy-farm/

joscho Mon 21-Oct-13 16:13:42

I won a copy of the Noisy Trucks book and my little boy loves it. A really sturdy board book, which lovely bright pictures and more importantly lots of different noises on every page! Thank you so much!

RedKites Tue 15-Oct-13 21:48:22

Thank-you very much for our copy of Noisy Farm, and sorry I hadn't reported back until now. Both boys have enjoyed the book, and were excited about reading it. DS1, 3yo, pressed some of the buttons. I think DS2, 1yo, was trying to press the buttons, but he didn't manage to trigger the mechanism. He still seemed to like feeling the textures though, and was delighted when someone else activated the noises.

pinkfiss Tue 15-Oct-13 13:26:28

Thankyou for the copy of the Noisy Trucks book, i love these noisy books and so does my 5 yr old daughter. The book also keeps my 18 month old niece entertained for a little while she loves the bright coloured pictures and the real sounds of the trucks - with a little help on pressing the buttons.

helenajane Tue 15-Oct-13 12:52:29

I read this with my nephew while babysitting. At first he seemed confused & kept pushing the book away until i realised that he didn't understand as he reads it as one of his favourites at the library.
But, when i started to read it he heard the noises he soon joined in & enjoyed it. A great book for children, nice pictures & good quality.

Laloona9 Fri 11-Oct-13 17:06:43

We got a copy of noisy farm and my son loves it. He's 2 and has language delay and suspected autism so it's a perfect book for him. Not only does it make the animal noises what make him laugh but it's also textured making it a very tactile book, which children with autism love as they have sensory difficulties. It's a lovely book really enjoyed reading it with my son and he is very engaged with it too so thank you very much for choosing us to read it!!

BigGapMum Fri 11-Oct-13 15:14:53

I received a Noisy Trucks book. This book looks great fun for a little boy, but I've broken form and given it to my baby grand-daughter. ( I don't like stereotyping ).
It's a hardback book with a boxed in section at the back to contain the noise mechanism. Although the book is call Noisy Trucks there are pages on trucks, fire engines, digger and cement mixers too.
There are five cardboard pages plus the back cover which each have a different feely area to press for a sound, but as noted above already the pages are not a decent thickness and I suspect will be damaged before long.
The book takes 3 batteries which can be replace but sadly I suspect that the pages won't last that long.

mummyto2boys01 Tue 08-Oct-13 23:51:45

Our copy of Noisy Trucks arrived last week - thank you Mumsnet. smile

It was a lovely surprise as it arrived before I got the email informing me I had won a copy. What made it even better was that I opened the parcel in front of my little boy - and the look of delight on his face was really a sight to see.

He is obsessed with trucks/vehicles in general so this book was always going to be a winner with him. He loves pressing the different buttons and hearing the sounds and describing what is going on in each page. When we go out and see similar vehicles he says 'Mummy, that's like the truck in my book' smile I like the fact that the sound buttons aren't that obvious on each page and children are encouraged to find where they are. The illustrations are lovely too. Would definitely recommend this book - it keeps my boy engaged and entertained for ages.

Mummy2aRockstar Mon 07-Oct-13 22:43:49

My son loves his copy of noisy trucks and sits there for ages turning the pages and making little excited noises when he presses the button. Unfortunately the book doesnt seem very robust as he has managed to split one of the pages from the spine simply by turning the pages over and over. Considering it says my first noisy trucks I would have thought it would be made to with stand a one year olds vehicle obsession.

partyondude Mon 07-Oct-13 22:34:21

We've enjoyed noisy trucks too. It arrived a week before ds's 2nd birthday. He can press most of the buttons and there are lots of colours and shapes which we can talk about. The pages are a goodt thickness - esy to turn biut not so think that he thinks they're stuck together and thec colours are bright and engaging.
It's now been stolen by his 4yo sister but she'll not keep it long. She's a bit old for it although the font is good for reading and she'll have a crack at a lot of the words.

I was also confused as to why almost all of the pictures were american. Especially from a British publsihing house!

dubai71 Mon 07-Oct-13 21:26:15

Thank you very much for our copy of Noisy Trucks. It is a lovely colourful noisy book but the lack of obvious buttons makes it tricky. The different textures are good but it is a bit too cluttered/busy and a bit American for the UK.

cavylover Mon 07-Oct-13 09:32:15

Thanks for the Noisy Farm Book received last week. Lovely illustrations and great sounds together with textures of the animals make a quality book throughout. Educational as well as fun!

webster147 Mon 07-Oct-13 08:07:20

Thanks for our copy of Noisy Trucks, we have had great fun looking at the colourful pictures, feeling the different textures & listening to the noisy sounds.

I like that each page makes a noise as well as being textured, this really helped engage my daughter's attention and gave us the opportunity to talk about the different vehicles.

It makes a nice change to see a noisy book about other vehicles & not just trains & cars.

bogglebonce Sat 05-Oct-13 16:13:22

We were very pleased that noisy animals arrived on Thursday as this is the one we liked the most, after mummy and daddy had a play with it first - we liked the cow best. DC had a play and totally loved it although some of the buttons were a little hard to press - especially the hen. The cow is a firm favourite and was definitely the best choice to put on the front of the book.

jessica789 Fri 04-Oct-13 21:12:36

Received a copy of Noisy Trucks yesterday which was a lovely surprise. DS1 (4) and DS2 (18 m) were both keen to have a look first - they love any type of vehicle so I knew this book would be a hit. They liked finding the textures and the noises, but both found it hard to work out where to press as unlike other books of this ilk there are no obvious buttons. It had just the right amount of text to keep their attention, although DS2 was determined to 'turn the pages' of the chunky bit at the back containing the battery - it's a bit of a shame that half the book is taken up by this.

glenka Fri 04-Oct-13 16:44:36

Thank you for copy of Noisy Farm, I have given it to my niece and nephew who have liked looking at it. The pictures are nice and colourful to look at, they also like the added animal sounds a lot but I think after a while the adults might get a bit fed up of have to listen to it. I shall look out for other books in this range.

98percentchocolate Fri 04-Oct-13 15:41:14

Thank you for our copy of noisy trucks. Dd is 19 months old and loves that kind of book. She found the sound button quite difficult to press so has lost interest in that aspect of it (not even attempting to push it now) but likes the touchy feely bits. Personally, I think the layout was a bit cluttered. There was too much on the page and it was a bit too "busy". Dd wasn't sure what to look at first!
She did enjoy it though it isn't a favourite yet. I've put the farm book on our amazon wish list.

Roshambo Fri 04-Oct-13 06:41:24

Love that the Noisy Trucks book arrived on my DC's birthday! Was an unexpected extra bday present. It's good to see a sound book a bit different to most animal ones. My DC loves cars/ truck toys etc so this was perfect for him.
I would echo previous comments that it is very American... Would be good to have a UK version of the photos.
The buttons are quite tricky for a 1 year old to push and even I struggled to find exactly what bit of the indicated area to push at times. Can maybe see why it has the 36 mth recommendation.
Content wise... DC loved the noises and colourful pictures, pointing at them, and we tried comparing them to his toys as well which he enjoyed.
Just enough content/sounds to keep DC entertained without being too long.
Definitely a book I would buy, but would recommend a UK version.
Thankyou mumsnet!

10000Fireflies Thu 03-Oct-13 22:45:02

The book features five farmyard animals. DS, 15 months, loves looking at the colourful illustrations, feeling the interesting textures, hearing the sounds of each animal and trying to copy them, and he's obviously very satisfied by being able to turn the chunky pages himself. The closing, medley page with all the animals and sounds together could well be the highlight. He brings it to us when he wants us to look at it with him, saying 'oooo', ie moo, and I am sure he will be doing so for quite some time to come.

I think he's disappointed, like I am, that 50% of the width of the book is taken up with the sound 'stuff' and he keeps fiddling with that bit to try and open it, as if he thinks some pages might be stuck together. Also, I'd feel a bit short changed if I'd bought it for the picture of the chicks on the front, only to find on the inside the sound is of a cockerel, and if it'd had a few more animals featured it might seem even better value. He can't make the sound buttons work himself, but that doesn't seem to be a problem.

Like another reviewer, I find it 'not suitable for children under 36 months' to be a bit strange, as I am sure DS will have grown out of it by then.

All in all though, DS loves his Noisy Farm book and DH and I like reading it with him. I imagine he will master many of the animal noises and names pretty soon now which is great too. Thank you, Little Tiger Press.

MooseyMoo Thu 03-Oct-13 19:19:42

We received our Noisy Trucks book today. DS (23 months) absolutely loves this. Every page and sound was greeted with 'wow'. My DD (3.6) nicked this off DS to read and press buttons. She couldn't do the buttons at first but managed in the end. I would recommend/ buy this for friends/family

HazelDormouse Thu 03-Oct-13 18:01:22

We received Noisy Farm in the post today. Thank you. Dc thought it was great. It came at a excellent time when we feeling a little sorry for ourselves with a chesty cold. I think it might have affected my brain as it took me five minutes to work out you press the yellow feathers of the cockerel, not 'Cock-a-doodle-doo', to hear the noise. He is just playing with it now.

missorinoco Thu 03-Oct-13 14:41:37

We received Noisy Farm - thankyou. 2 1/2 y.o. DS loves it, agree the buttons are tricky to press but it doesn't detract. I like the sounds, good volume.

I was slightly perplexed by the "not suitable for under threes" advice on the back.

Georgethesmartestgiant Thu 03-Oct-13 14:31:01

Thank you for our copy of noisy trucks. Both DC enjoyed the book. As others have said the buttons can be a bit tricky for DC to press on their own but it's no problem. The book is larger than most of our other books which I liked and has actual photos of trucks rather than illustrations. I will definitely consider buying other books from this range in the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now