PLEASE NOTE: This topic is for discussions about book giveaways being offered on Mumsnet. It's not the place for promoting other book giveaways. If you do that here, we may well delete your thread. If you'd like to discuss running a book giveaway on Mumsnet, please feel free to mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com

Book giveaway - Apply for free copy of Monsters Mayhem and a Sprinkling of Crumbs- CLOSED

(17 Posts)
DiabloKitten Sat 12-Oct-13 17:12:07

when can we review my dd has read it with me and loves this book!

lorka Wed 02-Oct-13 12:12:27

Thank you for sending us the book to read. I am about 2/3 of the way through reading it to my 7year old daughter.
She is thoroughly enjoying it, especially the fact they are in Scotland (where we live). This is a bit different than the usual fairy books she reads but she thinks it is funny as well as really wanting to know what will happen next. She likes the lovely illustrations and enjoys working out, from the descriptions, which character is which!!
Overall a hit with my daughter and she wants to read the first book too!

unquietmind Sun 29-Sep-13 20:42:07

Marking my place.

Leeds2 Fri 27-Sep-13 17:22:54

I volunteer in a primary school library and, having read the book myself, can't wait to introduce it to the children next week! I will probably market it at the 7-10 year olds.

The book will appeal to both boys and girls, and I think it is great to be able to recommend a book to girls that isn't about fairies and princesses, but will make them laugh rather than scare them. The blurb on the back of the book says that it will appeal to fans of Lemony Snickett, but I am not sure that I would've made that comparison.

The descriptions of some of the people at the Highland Games made me smile too, Alidoll!

Alidoll Fri 27-Sep-13 16:53:55

Hi, received this book and must say, I'm enjoying it!

The Crumb kids are off to Scotland (and living up here, can relate to some of the characters at the Highland Games lol!) but The Unstoppables are hot on their heels trying to reclaim the scrapbook that would send them to prison. Won't spoil by spilling the beans with what happens (as I'm not quite at the end either!) but a fun book and once finished, will be off to find the first book "Baddies, Beasties and a sprinkling of crumbs" though its not necessary to read the first book before reading this one.

Lovely illustrations throughout the book make turning the pages a delight. My daughter is only 3.5 so maybe a bit young yet to appreciate the story but older children will enjoy it..

Thanks for the opportunity to review

greenhill Fri 27-Sep-13 10:47:43

Thanks for sending us this book MNHQ, my DD has read it repeatedly and has enjoyed it so much that is has kept her occupied on several car journeys, shopping trips etc.

She thinks it is "well cool" and has given me several detailed descriptions of the plot and the hideous monster. I have not been allowed near it though, apart from being made to admire the illustrations grin

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 12-Sep-13 17:23:27

The book giveaway is now closed. We'll email the 50 people who have been selected to receive books as soon as we hear from the publishers that they have been sent out.

epic78 Sun 08-Sep-13 22:44:18

Done. Fingers crossed x

JiltedJohnsJulie Fri 06-Sep-13 23:19:05

Really hope we get this one. We also have a small person who is heavily into karate smile

Galena Fri 06-Sep-13 20:13:10

Signed up

Elainey1609 Fri 06-Sep-13 15:40:28

All done fingers crossed

boatclub Fri 06-Sep-13 13:40:34

Sounds fun

cornflakegirl Fri 06-Sep-13 13:29:52

Have applied - it looks fun. Has anyone read the first book in the series? I just looked for it in our local library catalogue, but they don't have it (although they do have the second one!).

Crinklecut Fri 06-Sep-13 13:02:01

Fingers crossed

BellaVida Fri 06-Sep-13 09:47:17

Done

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 05-Sep-13 20:43:29

Done smile

RachelMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 05-Sep-13 12:39:10

We have fifty copies of the latest adventures with the Crumb Family to giveaway. Follow their hilarious adventures as they battle baddies and conquer monsters in their second adventure. Apply for a free copy and come back and review on this thread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now