PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

Mumsnet Bloggers Classics?

(7 Posts)
fuzzypicklehead Tue 09-Apr-13 09:32:33

After a few recent bunfights discussions about bloggers and what is the point of them, etc. I wondered if it might be good to have a section or thread similar to Mumsnet Classics, for the best blog posts that shouldn't be forgotten.

It's easy to see follow what people are writing about currently, but it's harder to showcase those absolutely fabulous past posts that got you hooked and made you want to follow a particular blog.

It might help "un-bloggy" mumsnetters see what all the fuss is about, as well as showcasing some really good and entertaining writing from bloggers on the network.

What do you think?

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Apr-13 12:19:39

That's a really interesting idea fuzzypicklehead. We have discussed having more categories in the blogger topic before but it seemed to be generally felt that would 'split' the threads into very tiny sections!

But over on this thread we've been mulling some proposed changes, and one idea that's come up is a 'your best post of the month' round-up - perhaps we could kick it off with a 'your best post EVER' linky (or thread) to kick things off? Or, sticking more closely to your idea, we could start with 'my favourite post by another blogger' thread?

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Apr-13 21:45:09

Gah - when I said 'this thread', I meant 'this thread'!

fuzzypicklehead Thu 11-Apr-13 08:05:43

Yep, that would do it. I think with 2700 bloggers, there's so much content being generated that it would be hard for someone whose not a blogger to know where to start.

Plus, there have got to be certain blog posts that are so funny or inspiring and generally "Mumsnetty" that they deserve to be immortalized forever in the same way that TSC's minge is perfectly preserved for our entertainment purposes. grin

KateMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 11-Apr-13 10:37:19

Rofl. TSC's minge sets the bar very high...

Dillytante Thu 11-Apr-13 19:31:15

Great idea. We could nominate other people's posts.

fuzzypicklehead Sun 14-Apr-13 04:09:40

Definitely. There's some good stuff out there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now