PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

(58 Posts)
RecipeJunkie Sun 17-Mar-13 09:44:12

Couldn't see another thread started yet... I've blogged about the irony of trying to lose weight while baking for many comic relief cake sales.

MummyVelvet Sat 23-Mar-13 23:07:57

Snow, hey ho

Not complaining either!!

curtaincall Sat 23-Mar-13 17:15:00

Hi ! I'm hoping to meet some other new bloggers like myself (posted on the other thread for newbies). Is this where the party begins ?

I started my blog in Feb www.heirraising.com but have only just got into the swing of it. I am a cartoonist who is taking a wry look at parenting in the 21st century. You can see some of the mums and kids I meet including Gummy Mummy (with her mobility scooter), Plummy Mummy (in her Chelsea Tractor), Mission Mum (with her Kumon Maths and violin classes) and Pyjama Ma with her inimitable wardrobe at the school gate. There'll be some dads too in due course.

Please let me know what you think, and I welcome any good suggestions!

QueenMaeve Sat 23-Mar-13 12:30:12

This might be of interest to you, whatever your blog genre apps I find useful for blogging

JerryLeadbetter Sat 23-Mar-13 11:20:32

Can't believe we're still wanting winter warmer foods at the end of March! If you're feeling the same, come and try out my classic tomato and basil soup recipe

Craftsonsea Fri 22-Mar-13 20:24:44

Sigh, I know blogging on a Friday night is the worst time for getting readers but it's the only time I have! Do come and take pity and read my account of cocktail sausages, children sleeping rough and hanging with mumsnet at Downing Street and if you comment not only with I love you but Railway Children get another £2

natterchatter Fri 22-Mar-13 17:41:39

Breastfeeding and beyond - it's nearly weaning time in my household which is what inspired this post. I'm new to all this and finding my way so please do have a read and let me know what you think!

Hi!
In case you missed the news, Google Reader is closing down. To find out what alternatives you have for following blogs, please check out my post on the subject!

Goodbye Google Reader!

grin

singlemarriedmum Fri 22-Mar-13 09:32:07

Raid your rubbish and make easy little Easter treats out of an old egg box smile

IzzieA Fri 22-Mar-13 09:09:18

'Vanishing Act,' Why everything I own is either missing, used up or not how I left it.

izzieanderton.blogspot.com/

Have a great day. x

cjfriess Fri 22-Mar-13 08:44:04

The Night Before Easter is a lovely rhyming picture book about the Easter Bunny delivering chocolate and hiding eggs.

CollectorofCookbooks Thu 21-Mar-13 16:27:41

One from me on how reality TV is getting ever more intrusive Cameras rolling

Egusta, I agree with Recipe Junkie and with your approach. 2 ingredients change minimum, a polite credit and off you go. I've never been questioned - although I was once when I was doing a recipe book review and quoted a recipe - the irony of that when the chef's PR had given me the book in the first place didn't pass me by! I wasn't aware of the whole Dan thing, Recipe, and will catch up with that thread.

It is worrying, but like you say, so much of what is out there isn't original in the first place - it can't be!

Egusta Thu 21-Mar-13 16:18:21

Thanks Recipe.
i changed a key ingredient (pears) and added another (cinnamon) and adapted the measurements, and credited it. I would hope that would be enough, although i do find it deeply disturbing that you were sat on. I mean... most recipes are inspired somehow by someone- parents/grandparents/traditional cuisine. How much of what you read anywhere is truly original? I have one dish (Asian salmon) which i class as original because I made it up as i went along. but it features salmon, ginger, soy sauce and chilli. Not too original that! I am going to hunt out your thread. Hats off to you for not being put off though from blogging altogether.

New recipe today for me. Russian 'Olivier' Salad. An old favourite of mine when I lived in Ukraine. Perfect with a glass of icy cold vodka....

eatwithgusto.wordpress.com/

fuzzypicklehead Thu 21-Mar-13 10:21:28

Getting in there late, but here are some pretty upcycling photos, AND what to do when your kids put holes in their tights:recreationsproject.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/exciting-photo-ops-plus-a-tiny-tights-tutorial/

RecipeJunkie Thu 21-Mar-13 06:11:02

Not so good when I am on a diet but here are my posts about millionaire's shortbread and orangey chocolatey chilli truffles I mean, you don't really want to read about mushroom souffle omelettes with only 200 calories in them, do you?

RecipeJunkie Thu 21-Mar-13 06:08:23

Egusta Basically I work on the basis that if you've re-written the method yourself and changed at least 2 of the ingredients (quantity is enough not just actual ingredient), it's fair game for you to post about it - if you say you've been 'inspired by' that's fine. I got sat on fairly heavily by Dan Lepard's business manager for reproducing one of his (very old) recipes, even though I had fully attributed it as his, and learned a hard lesson... There's lots out on the internet about it - Recipe Rifle wrote a blog about Lamingtons recently in which she goes into this and the comments thread is quite helpful on this too. There's a thread on here somewhere from when I had my Dan Lepard incident where Sarah from Maison Cupcake (runs Forever Nigella) put some helpful advice which is what I work to - see if you can search for it.

lifeafterdebt Wed 20-Mar-13 21:57:58

Today on International Happiness Day I have every reason to smile. I wrote this to explain why. lifeafterdebts.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/international-happiness-day.html

thelastslayer Wed 20-Mar-13 21:02:32

A bit of a depressing one sorry Saturday Night Tears

borninastorm Wed 20-Mar-13 20:07:28

Along with some other mumsnetters I went to Downing Street for a reception hosted by Samantha Cameron to raise awareness of homeless children and how The Railway Children and their partners help, often before vulnerable children become homeless.
Here's my Downing Street Experience

MmeGuillotine Wed 20-Mar-13 14:03:41

I may be a BIT over excited about the arrival of a box full of copies of one of my books for me to sign!

IzzieA Wed 20-Mar-13 12:11:41

A blog about sleepwear and sleep (or lack of it) in my marriage.

izzieanderton.blogspot.com/

Have a great day. x

BeebiesQueen Wed 20-Mar-13 11:41:57

I decided to join in with the gallery for the first time today

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now