PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

(44 Posts)
reluctantsuburbanmum Sun 23-Dec-12 09:46:43

If you're suffering from a little (lighthearted) Christmas humbug...come and join me at http://kerryfisherauthor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/so-here-it-is-merry-christmas.html

Today we actually left the house

YoungDebbie Sat 29-Dec-12 19:59:23

This New Year, I'm making just ONE resolution that I'm sure will strike a chord with lots of Mumsnetters - to get more SLEEP!

Here's how and here's why:

My New Approach to New Year's Resolutions

minimumthebare Sat 29-Dec-12 14:58:21

Not feeling too festive-the boiler has broken sad

PavlovtheCat Sat 29-Dec-12 12:43:33
singlemarriedmum Sat 29-Dec-12 09:26:10

An Ode to Christmas Calories smile

We are still recovering from the Bug that Santa bought

Excellent!

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 19:31:24

No, certainly not now, I would be that dead body floating if I did it now, hopefully the weather will be kind to me soon.7 I would love to do wild swimming, I am going to join their fb page now! I would not be able to it now, as I swam 20 (short) lengths last week and it is for that reason I am in this state now. I need to get myself back up to speed first, but as soon as I am able to swim more than a few lengths in a pool I am so up for that, count me in!

Btw are you a member of the wild swimmers facebook group? I always fancy going on one of their short swims - if you fancy joining me let me know!

God don't do it at the moment - you'll be mashed. I was BRUISED after the last surf and I didn't do anything much!

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 18:52:27

saintly I might pop out for a swim when the weather gives me some indication of calmness. Just pop in and float for 10 mins, don't need to do much. That's it, you have persuaded me! So, if you see a lone woman floating in the water, check that it's me before calling the coastguards to drag out a dead body grin I love your blog, it is always so positive and inspiring.

MmeGuillotine Fri 28-Dec-12 13:29:48

Another one of my grandmother's short stories about growing up in the east end during WWII - this time it's about the first time she fell in love (with a German POW - our family don't do things by halves!).

cjfriess Fri 28-Dec-12 12:36:34

Are you looking for fun, non fiction, picture books for the littlest of people? We have vehicles, space and dinosaur recommendations on storysnug.com/2012/12/dig-dig-digging/ today smile

Oh I hope 2013 is the start of new things. He's been asking to surf today as well - have promised him will try to get a session in next week

PavlovtheCat Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:02

thanks saintly, I shall be getting them to remove the offending disc this year. It is gone! Power to your boy for surfing in this weather though!! How absolutely fabulous to start christmas that way! I have my winter wetsuit out but have not made it in yet...I really really really miss the sea, my kayak...

Sorry it's still playing up so much Pavlov sad

PavlovtheCat Thu 27-Dec-12 20:35:00

Oh should have given title Christmas 2012: The Year Arthur Died

One for the Merlin fans although really it's about autism

speechbloguk Thu 27-Dec-12 08:34:33

Here is ours from Christmas Eve

Children say the funniest things

carovioletfizz Wed 26-Dec-12 21:15:19
costumequeen Wed 26-Dec-12 20:28:42

craft inspired gifts...
Crafty Christmas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now