Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Join the network

Blog Hops, do they work for you?

(4 Posts)
J4D3 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:21:00

Thanks for sharing pebbles , to hear a positive story is encouraging. The blog-hops I've seen are just where your blog link gets added to a list of blogs. Then these lists appear in the copied posts of the blog-hop (iyswim). But it's just a link to your blog, not a particular post.

What you said seems more beneficial though as the linked posts are of similar subjects. I think this would be much better for me as I'm always looking for inspiration. smile

pebbles77 Thu 15-Nov-12 19:09:19

Yes please, would love an explanation

I do what I think blog hops are like "REasons to be cheerful" and "Ranty Friday" where we write a post and then link it to the originators blog and then you kind of comment on others posts and they do yours - is that it?
If so I really like it as it help me find a theme for something to write - if that makes sense? Not everyone comments on mine when I've commented on theirs but I get a few which is encouraging

Lesbeadiva Thu 15-Nov-12 13:46:35

I have seen this too and am thinking of doing it. Though I admit I am still not entirely sure what it is! I have an idea of what it is...

J4D3 Thu 15-Nov-12 13:18:04

A few blogs that I'm following have started doing blog-hops. I'm tempted to join but am worried about looking desperate for followers (not that I don't want to reach new readers but I just want to do it in a way that doesn't look a bit needy!)

How many of you have been on a blog-hop? Was it successful? Did you gain and more importantly, keep new followers?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now