Slimming World EXTRA EASY has it worked for you??

(65 Posts)
fuzzypeach Thu 19-Feb-09 22:05:43

I have been following Extra Easy for 4 weeks now, I lost 3lbs the first week, put on 2 the second, lost half the third and another half this week, I usually lose 2lbs per week if i follow it strictly, and have gone over on syns a few times, Im not sure if its just coincdence that it has been fluctuating so much since starting EE or if I should give it up - thing is im really enjoying the new plan so i want to belive in it!!

Anyone got any good/bad results just doing EE?

Rachelsw Fri 03-Feb-12 21:16:45

Hi ladies

PLEASE can I offer you all some help? Its wonderful to see some of you are doing really well on Extra Easy, I think most of you would agree, that its the most vertatile way to lose weight when having to cater for familes too. Ive seen some fab daily menus posted on here, but none of them, include 1/3rd Superfree for each meal. ITS THE KEY - that makes extra easy work! If youre not making 1/3rd of EACH MEAL from Superfree foods, then youre not following the plan 100%.
Fruit snacks during the day, are fantastic, but not enough! Breakfast is the most overlooked meal, so have a think, can you add some mixed berries or a banana to a yoghurt or porridge/cereal? Lunch - if youre making a pasta salad, make sure theres loads of salad vegies in there, cucumber, tomatoes, spring onions, mixed chopped peppers, etc, Evening meals are pretty easy to fit in the veggies, and most slimming world recipes include them, watch out for oversights tho, when it says, serve spaghetti bolognese with a side salad, and you dont bother with the side salad, youre taking that meal off plan, its there for a reason x
Its also the most common mistake made when members switch to extra easy, so dont worry, if this sounds familiar, then youre not alone.
An exercise you could try, is to take your food diary. Draw 3 circles/plates, split into thirds, and draw each meal of one day, onto the plates, and see how much of the meal counts towards your 1/3rd superfree. Thatway, you can see if youre on plan or not.
Hope that helps some of you - it really is worth hanging in there for the journey!
BE KIND TO YOURSELVES! Its not always an easy journey, but every day is a step towards your target, and dont lose sight of any inch loss you may be getting too - those weeks, when youve worked hard, you will probably find you lost an inch - and when we're obsessed with the scales - thats missed praise! Enjoy your food ladies!
Rachel x

Mindy6 Tue 14-Feb-12 15:26:37

Have you tried the SW Syns Online calculator? I have never tried but my group freeze red grapes and suck on them. I clean my teeth - not that the SW plan is working for me. Good luck

maggierae Fri 02-Mar-12 08:59:30

hi there, iv just joined slimming world and still trying to get to grips with it , am using the extra easy plan as find that easiest for me, so any suggestions on foods etc would be most helpful..(i did w/w for years so am still in the mind set of pointing )..Im referring to the book constantly to see what im allowed..thanks for reading ..

I've been doing EE for a week.
Plusses: no weighing out of pasta, potatoes etc, so easy to follow.
Minuses: having to keep an eye on milk and cereal consumption, and the taste of Quark sad

But I've lost 3lb this week, even with a contraband chocolate brownie yesterday smile.
I'll report back at the end of next week.

Queenofcake Wed 07-Mar-12 00:38:11

Have to agree with Rachelsw above. EE is fab but so many people trip up by forgetting to ensure they have the 1/3 SuperFree WITH every meal.

This is nearly always the reason weightloss stops on the EE plan in my experience.

Freggie Wed 07-Mar-12 15:17:28

Hi everyone, me and my hubby started the EE slimming world on saturday, and so far so good. Although i have weighed myself this morning and havent lost any weight at all.
What am i doing wrong ??
Im having eggs, mushrooms, toms or beans on toast for breafast, this morning i had fruit with yoghurt instead.
Lunch today i made the slimming world ham and egg muffins with beans, yesterday i had a salad with chicken and some dressing which was 1 syn.
Dinner last night i had a tuna jacket with a salad, tonight i will have a grilled chicken sandwich with a salad.
Im hardly having any syns, and am using both my healthy option each day.
Im a mum of 2, so am kept busy everyday.
Please help !!!

BritneyFerry Sun 07-Oct-12 09:28:36

I live in Brittany and used to follow Slimming World in UK about 7 years ago! I would love to try the Extra Easy plan (which is new to me) but obviously am limited on some branded things. Activia yoghurts were mentioned, can you tell me which ones are free? Or any other international branded things would be very helpful too. Thank you.

LoupyLou1987 Tue 09-Oct-12 16:06:41

Not sure if the Activia yoghurts are free, however all Mulerlight yoghurts are!!!

linseywild Tue 04-Dec-12 21:37:50

Hi Ladies and Gent's
Am joining SW tomorrow morning although have been doing the diet for past couple of days now... EE sounds great x

NotNeeemo Tue 04-Dec-12 22:19:18

Am joining again tomorrow ( either that or buy 20 fags!!) not looking forward to it! [blush

aspen56 Sat 20-Apr-13 19:11:05

Hi I've been doing slimming world using EE for 4 months now. I've been doing it 100% with my husband BUT he has lost 2 stone and I have lost 4 pounds - I even ensure my veggies etc and I dont go over syns at all. First week loss of 3.5 pound, second week put on 1 pound, third week lost one pound fourth week put on 3 pound and so on - I even gave up alcohol. I havnt a clue why but am now chucking it in and will go to weight watchers - if I lose then it is something to do with the diets but if not, it is something to do with my body. I do fitness and I am 47, I am not classed as overweight although am quite close (10 stone) - has anyone else experienced this - I even get into such a state I start crying! xx

NanaNina Sat 20-Apr-13 20:21:49

I think the more you have to lose the quicker it comes off, but maybe aspen you are not losing much because you are not overweight. Not sure but it seems the only reason. Any good talking to your consultant. I don't go to classes, just do it myself from the books I've had in the past.

Jinty64 Sun 21-Apr-13 07:12:03

I lost 2 stone with slimming world doing extra easy. I found drinking lots of water helped. The weeks I really concentrated on drinking were the weeks I lost the most.

If you use milk in hot drinks, make sure you measure it. I found it was easy to go way over without realising if I guessed.

1/3 super free or more. I found slightly smaller protein/carb portion and 2 veg/giant salad gave me a better loss.

I know you should be able to snack on free foods whenever you want but, realistically, if you eat too much you won't lose weight. I started asking myself if I was really hungry and, doing EE properly with 3 good meals, I wasn't hungry in between. If I limited snacking to when I was hungry (or really needy) I lost weight.

I have had a little glitch following a family bereavement and I know it has been forgetting these things that has stopped my weight loss. I will be back on track next week!!!

Stellarella123 Sun 21-Apr-13 07:35:41

I stuck to it religiously first wk and lost 6lb, the weeks I haven't stuck to it brilliantly I have still lost 1/2 lb iv lost 1stone now and it's been about 6 weeks , I have done it before and managed to keep the weight off, it definetly works , x

Stellarella123 Sun 21-Apr-13 07:46:43

Also in my experience when I eat bread for my healthy extra or eat any using my syn's I don't lose weight, so u just avoid eating bread every day, only works when I eat lots of fruit and veg too,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now