Slimming World EXTRA EASY has it worked for you??

(65 Posts)
fuzzypeach Thu 19-Feb-09 22:05:43

I have been following Extra Easy for 4 weeks now, I lost 3lbs the first week, put on 2 the second, lost half the third and another half this week, I usually lose 2lbs per week if i follow it strictly, and have gone over on syns a few times, Im not sure if its just coincdence that it has been fluctuating so much since starting EE or if I should give it up - thing is im really enjoying the new plan so i want to belive in it!!

Anyone got any good/bad results just doing EE?

Lomond Tue 11-May-10 19:29:22

No weighing of potatoes on EE x

jumping Wed 12-May-10 14:03:16

I have got the sw diet book from 2009 can any one tell me please is the diet still the same, i liked the red and green days thankyou for any help.

jumping Wed 12-May-10 14:05:51

hello could anyone tell me if i can still use the 2009 sw diet books,and is the diet still the same, thankyou very much.

nappyaddict Wed 26-May-10 15:43:57

Anyone got the password?

fuzzypeach My consultant suggested switching between all three plans if your weightloss slows down whilst doing one. I have always done EE and it suits me to be honest. Not sure why this switching is supposed to work though I'm afraid. Any SW veterans with an answer? smile

chanidoll Wed 15-Sep-10 13:06:15

ok, if I ate the same thing day in day out, I would always be eating the same amount of calories, after a while my body would get used to it and my metablolism would slow down equalling a slow or no weightloss. If I then changed what I ate, I would be varying the amount of calories I am consuming and would be kickstarting my metabolism, I would be burning calories more efficiently leading to a better weightloss. Also if you vary what you eat you wont get bored meaning you are more likely to stick to the plan, leading to longterm weightloss!

confuzzledgirl Wed 22-Sep-10 16:50:34

I need help with EE as my consultant is rubbish!!! I have been following the plan perfectly, even been going to the gym...!! I lost 3.5lbs the first wk, 0.5 the 2nd and put on 2 last week!! I couldn't believe it, I thought I had done so well! I left the diary with my consultant and she hasn't even read it to try and help me out...£15.00 so far well spent!!! : (
I am getting weighed again tonight but I don't think it's working for me...
I don't know what to do from here...I am trying a different group tonight so HOPEFULLY that will make a difference but so far, not too impressed! angry

confuzzledgirl Wed 22-Sep-10 16:50:42

I need help with EE as my consultant is rubbish!!! I have been following the plan perfectly, even been going to the gym...!! I lost 3.5lbs the first wk, 0.5 the 2nd and put on 2 last week!! I couldn't believe it, I thought I had done so well! I left the diary with my consultant and she hasn't even read it to try and help me out...£15.00 so far well spent!!! : (
I don't know what to do from here...I am trying a different group tonight so HOPEFULLY that will make a difference but so far, not too impressed! angry

confuzzledgirl Wed 22-Sep-10 16:51:03

torfruda Wed 17-Nov-10 15:20:06

HI CAN YOU EAT SNACK POTS AND FAT FREE YOGHURT ON EXTRA EASY PLEASE?

desiretochange Wed 17-Nov-10 23:25:09

BUMP, we are all here to lose weight and I think it is important that we both encourage and help people so once again BUMP

JoJoYoYo Tue 01-Feb-11 20:41:14

Hi Girls - i am new to this sight and i am pleased to read your comments about slimming world.
I am about to start my slimming world "not a diet" tomorrow and looking on here has given me some good ideas.
I have the books but joined last year but due to ill health i couldnt make it to the classes and never started it so im going to give it a go on my own, keep up with the examples of what you have been eating as it influences us "slimming world virgins"!!! Thanks x

ninaandbean Wed 16-Feb-11 20:03:09

hiya SW gals - I'm considering giving it a go, my big sister/MIL and several friends have been doing it with great results... but should I go for actual meetings, the online membership, or is it possible to get the drift from just buying some recipe books off ebay? I'm very skint so the least cash option possible is tempting but I don't want to assume I'll 'get it' if you need a lot of support and explanations to begin?

also, how many syns would a small pack of chocolate buttons be? I love them

randarooroo Fri 18-Feb-11 21:14:08

can you eat between meals on the extra easy like you can on the red and green days ???
just started it !!

olijackmum Wed 13-Apr-11 13:24:33

i am doing extra easy
this is todays menu

breakfast - 2 weetabix with skimmed milk
mid morning -banana
lunch - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and wafer thin ham
muller light yoghurt

mid afternoon snack - apple
tea - pasta with chicken, mushrooms, passata and garlic

and I still have my syns to use

vodski Tue 06-Sep-11 19:28:39

Hi all you sw people I just wanted some advice on this ee plan as i dont know how it works i seem a bit thick how much can you eat for example when you did red and green it was unlimited as it was all free on what ever day so how does this work with the ee plan is this unlimited to I cannot get my head round it...

Come join us on the Sw thread

OOps pressed send too soon!
You pick one Healthy A which is milk/cheese etc and one Healthy B which is bread etc then pasta, potatoes, lean meat, rice and all fruit and veg are free. It is easy and it def works!

laylamarts Sun 18-Sep-11 20:00:51

hi all im new to this slimming thing and after reading most for ur comments i am now determinded to loose weight if anybody has any quick and easy recipes could u pls let me know and which one work for u i.e red or green days or ee. thanks. x

maximoopoo Mon 26-Sep-11 10:22:06

Loving this blog! :0
only started SW (EE) last week (Wed 21st Sep)- like you, seems too good to be true! I have over four stone to lose :-(

But I'm eating more now than before and feel better for it. :-)

Spoke to my Dr friend and he says it's a good diet as many of the fruit and veg are calorie negative meaning the more you eat the more you burn - search google "calorie negative foods" and reads like our superfree list.....hahahahaha ( Digestive system has to work real hard so the calories contained in the food doesn't cover this therefore we have to use what we already have meaning calorie negative)
Also,.....
Read food optimising book on yogurts, as it says if with fruit it has a syn value. *not got an online pin yet so don't know what the advice there is....
Maxi x x x x

maximoopoo Mon 26-Sep-11 10:41:01

ninaandbean....think you should join but for now think fat, carbohydrates and sugar free.

So.................all beans even baked beans ...most fat free dairy products, eggs, pasta, rice potatoes, parsnips, sweetcorn, all LEAN meat even bacon and all poultry are ALL FREE!!!!!!!

veg and fruit are
Superfree....when cooked without fat ( make Aubergine, Asparagus, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chicory, Cress, Cucumber, Fennel, Gourd, Leek, Lettuce, Marrow,Peppers, Radish, Spinach,Tomato, Turnip, onion Apricot, Blackberry Blackcurrant, Clementines, Damsons, Grapefruit, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Lemon, Mandarin orange, Melon Cantaloupe, Peaches, Plums, Raspberry, Rhubarb, Strawberry, Tangerine, Watermelon etc. Your best friends)

Each day have 250ml of skimmed milk (350 skimmed) from "A Group"
and 50g bread 0r 28g cereal from "B Group"

SO .......All carbohydrates, sugars ( including fruit when its cooked so take care when fruit is tinned as it will have a syn) and fats are limited.
Think 5 syns a day - ( a glass of DR Pepper is 7syns)

Walk 30 mins a day to get rid of your syns = weight loss

Or so we will see this week when they weigh me.
Easy!
Maxi x x x

JohnniesBitch Mon 26-Sep-11 10:54:34

ee doesnt work for me either. im mainly vegetarian diet, i do occassionally eat chicken but usually just vegetables pulses and grains and a few meat replacement items.

on ee you mus have 1/3 of each meal super free, so if you choose cereal and milk for breakfast you have to have fruit or veg from the super free list with it, or immediatley after. also the consultant said you should try and make any snacks 1/3 super free as well, so for example, you have a vanilla muller light yogurt (free) a handful of bluberries or strawberries mixed in as well, and even if you had a fruit muller light or activia, you would need to add fruit as well.

you can do red days as meat replacements are still free on red days.

i tend to do at least 4 days green and the rest red/ee. ive lost over 5.5 stone since feb/march time but biggest losses have been on all green weeks, i do exercise a lot though, i run three times a week, do an exercise dvd each morning and zumba/gym etc whenever ive got time.

assumpta Mon 26-Sep-11 11:38:32

I am totally confused by EE as I used to do red or green years ago when I first started. I returned to SW 3 weeks ago and have lost 4.5 lbs so far, which is fair enough I suppose. I know that if you do EE you can only have 1 HE A and 1 HE B, but it's the one third red, one third green, one third super free that gets me. It's fine at evening dinner, but at lunch time I might have say ham or smoked salmon with salad for lunch, but I don't really want pasta or potatoes at that time of the day, my question is do I HAVE to have 'green' as well? I eat loads of fresh fruit through the day. I hope someone can fill me in. Thanks

Azzy8 Fri 30-Sep-11 22:55:18

I'm hoping to start slimming world in october. I was just wondering how slimmingworld works if you've got a little bit of weight to lose? does everyone go on the same diet, and then according to how much you lose your diet changes? or is it just according to how strict you are with your syns. I've got less than a stone to lose, but I want to learn how to eat in a healthier way, and not skip meals during the day, then fill up on rubbish in the evenings. Is this the diet for me? Thanks xoxo

teardrop2 Mon 30-Jan-12 17:46:17

Hi i have just started slimming world, does anybody know if sugar free wine gums are syns

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now