Slimming World EXTRA EASY has it worked for you??

(65 Posts)
fuzzypeach Thu 19-Feb-09 22:05:43

I have been following Extra Easy for 4 weeks now, I lost 3lbs the first week, put on 2 the second, lost half the third and another half this week, I usually lose 2lbs per week if i follow it strictly, and have gone over on syns a few times, Im not sure if its just coincdence that it has been fluctuating so much since starting EE or if I should give it up - thing is im really enjoying the new plan so i want to belive in it!!

Anyone got any good/bad results just doing EE?

jenk1 Thu 19-Feb-09 22:31:17

hmm i have just done my first week of SW and have been doing extra easy,im going to do it another week and see how it goes,if not ill go back to red/green.

i do think its easier though.

fuzzypeach Fri 20-Feb-09 18:30:44

yeah it is so much easier, and you really dont feel like your on a diet!! (well i work with lovely cakes and pastries all day 2 days a week, and thats when i know im on a diet!!) good luck let me know how you get on this week!! x

katylou25 Fri 20-Feb-09 19:16:31

Well I've rejoined last week after a few months when I haven't been able to go due to dh working away/lack of childcare etc etc - was very dubious about the whole extra easy thing but gave it a go and .......

LOST 6 1/2 LB!!!!!

I've never been a big loser and was shocked - Its extra easy all the way for me now!!

givethedogAhomebirth Fri 20-Feb-09 19:19:06

Message withdrawn

fuzzypeach Fri 20-Feb-09 20:00:27

Extra easy is where all foods which are free on green or red days are free - so you can have free meat from a red day and free pasta from a green day for example TOGETHER. The only thing that is limited is that you can only have one A and one B choice that day.
And all syns take on the lower syn value - so if something was 5 on green and 8 on red, then you would count 5 syns
Hope that makes sense?!

fuzzypeach Fri 20-Feb-09 20:00:44

ps well don katylou!! thats great!

jenk1 Fri 20-Feb-09 20:34:46

well done katylou thats brill!!! grin

i am really enjoying the extra easy plan,to give you an example this what i have eaten today

Breakfast
2x Wholemeal toast b choice HE
2x Dairy lea light a choice HE

Lunch

Jacket potato with Smoked Salmon,prawns in
homemade seafood sauce (2x tbspns low fat mayo and ketchup), salad and cottage cheese

Tea

Steak and Chicken Stir fry with batchelors savoury mushroom rice (free) and nandos
peri peri sauce.

Toffee mullerlight
Grapes and Melon
1 x bacon frazzles crips
i used my syns for the sauce,mayo and ketchup, and crisps and still have 5 syns
left!!!!!

i measured my milk yesterday,and still have half left as i only use it for my brews and i still have 2 x dairylea light triangles left which i will have for supper with a peice of toast.

extra easy???? EASY PEASY!!!! grin

fuzzypeach Fri 20-Feb-09 22:22:44

Mmm that sounds nice jenk

Today I had..

breakfast - 28g weetabix mini's fruit & nut, (without milk, i ate them in the car on the way to work, but they are really nice like that!!) as healthy extra B choice

mid morning - hot skimmed milk with sugar free vanilla syrup - milk as A choice, sugar free syrup = free

lunch - pork chilli & rice (leftover from last nights tea - from a sainsburys recipe adapted for sw)

afternoon - strawberry mullerlight

dinner - sausage & courgette pasta (another sainsburys recipe - i used FREE sausages from our local butcher who has certain products approved by SW, but sometimes i use saisnburys extra lean cumberland sausages which are half a syn each)

and i am (quite rightly!!) stuffed!! and havent used any syns yet!!

jenk1 Sat 21-Feb-09 13:06:04

this is my menu for today.

Breakfast

Bacon
mushrooms
sausage from Asda x2 7 syns
eggs
baked beans
all done in fry light.

Lunch
Jacket potato with Cottage Cheese,Smoked
salmon and salad
Mullerlight yoghurt and a banana

Tea
Lamb hotpot with potatoes,onions,mushrooms
dash of tomato puree and 2 tspns of bisto gravy granules and LOADS of mushy peas!!

melon

2x wholemeal toast
2x dairylea light

1x penguin bar

ive used all my syns today on the sausage
gravy,tom puree and penguin bar.

im loving this extra easy!!!! grin

jenk1 Sat 21-Feb-09 13:07:25

fuzzypeach, does your butcher have a website where you can buy the free sausages?

jenk1 Sat 21-Feb-09 13:14:54

oh just seen that morrisons do an eat smart pork sausage that is syn free!!!

katylou25 Sat 21-Feb-09 13:57:23

today I am having....

toast (HEB) and banana

Pitta Pizza (HEA + 6 syns) with ham/sweetcorn, salad
melon and blueberries
small choc bar (4 syns)

sticky sausage and noodle stirfry (1/2) sin
lots of veg
yog

crisps (4.5)

I love extra easy!!

me23 Sat 21-Feb-09 14:55:24

ah so as I'm a veggie and only do green days extra easy wouldn't do anything for me?
I'm going to be rejoining sw next week.

fuzzypeach Sun 22-Feb-09 15:19:17

me23 - no i dont suppose extra easy would be any good to you - but i think it is probably better if you are able to stick to green or red days anyway, and you will still get your 2 a and b choices, so you should be fine!

fuzzypeach Sun 22-Feb-09 15:23:06

katylou - what kid of sausage did you use in your stirfry?

jenk1 the butchers i use is this one however i dont know where you live, but it is based in stockport

katylou25 Mon 23-Feb-09 20:07:30

It uses pork mince which you add spring onion and coriander to to make sausage shaped "patties" - meaning you avoid the whole sausage syn thing - i've yet to find a good synfree sausage in the supermarkets and none of the local butchers do them...

fuzzypeach Wed 25-Feb-09 10:14:24

that sounds really nice katylou.

ive decided to give up on extra easy as i maintained this week after really giving it a go this week and did 40mins-1hr of exercise every day as oppose to 1 hour a week blush so i really thought i would have lost!!

back to red and green for me sad dh will not be pleased as he was loving me doing EE!!

ouchitreallyhurts Wed 25-Feb-09 15:05:04

I thought it was only me struggling with extra easy!
I have lost just short of 2st since August, I've always followed 4 or 5 green and a couple of red each week which has given me about 2lbs off each week.

tried extra easy and first week put on 1/2lb second week put on 1lb - I was also finding my skin drier and nails went to pot (?due to less Healthy A choices?) so have reverted back to my usual way and lost 1lb for last 2 weeks, 7 pounds to go to target .
was worried as our consultant said that SW were fading out red and green days? has anyone else heard this?

fuzzypeach Thu 26-Feb-09 13:55:29

I've not heart that - but I doubt they will do very well if they do- it seems to work for some people but certainly not me!!

jenk1 Thu 26-Feb-09 14:38:07

someone actually asked our leader last night if they were doing away with red and green days.

she said she thinks that Extra Easy is the way forward but they will always keep red and green and not get rid of them,she said there are new posters coming out soon with an emphasis on extra easy.

i must tho im loving the extra easy diet,i might not be getting the 3/4 pound losses some members are getting but the key is im not getting bored which i have done very quickly in the past on red/green.

nikkid21 Fri 27-Feb-09 13:10:32

Have you read the blurb at the front of the extra eay booklet? The suggestion is that you only do extra easy to start with. Once you weight loss slows you and your consultant decide when to go onto red / green days.

I think that EE will only work if you have excellent portion control or have more than 3 stone to lose. Sorry to be a downer but if it looks and feels too easy then it probably won'r get the results!

fuzzypeach Sat 28-Feb-09 12:25:59

Yes, Nikkid - I asked my leader about how it said if you need to kickstart you may want to switch to red/green - asked if this meant it was slower to lose on extra easy and she said no, but im not convinced, i think that the bit about 1/3 of your plate should be super free foods should be taken as a rule rather than a suggestion, otherwise it wont work

does anyone know the password for this week, ive forgotten it and i need to go online to check my syns out before i eat my lunch!

thanks

kdk Sat 28-Feb-09 16:32:55

cherry

joon6 Sun 09-May-10 22:25:38

Can someone please explain EE to me, it sounds so simple, I just know I have it all wrong.
Do you have to weigh any food... so if you have meat, potatoes and 1/3 SF would you have to weigh your potatoes ?
Thanks joon6

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now