ALIZONNE THERAPY?

(1000 Posts)
oinker Tue 04-Nov-08 18:27:03

Just seen this advertised in National Press.

Has anyone ever tried it?

Is it pricey?

More to the point, Does it really work?

I'm intrigued..... I had never heard of this programme before...

AJJHF Tue 30-Oct-12 13:28:14

mrspannie, first of all many, many congratulations and pats on the back, high fives! You deserve them all. I have read your 'blog' on the AZ site and it was fantastic following the highs, and occasional lows of you journey. You have a real talent for writing, perhaps you should turn your AZ journey into a book!

I have my first weigh-in tomorrow so we shall see. I feel like I have settled in to the diet well, just not keen on the tablets and those horrible ampules that taste like the ocean.

Good luck for the future, I'm sure you will be fine with the levels of determination you have shown thus far.

AJJHF Tue 30-Oct-12 13:31:48

mrspannie, first of all many, many congratulations and pats on the back, high fives! You deserve them all. I have read your 'blog' on the AZ site and it was fantastic following the highs, and occasional lows of you journey. You have a real talent for writing, perhaps you should turn your AZ journey into a book!

I have my first weigh-in tomorrow so we shall see. I feel like I have settled in to the diet well, just not keen on the tablets and those horrible ampules that taste like the ocean.

Good luck for the future, I'm sure you will be fine with the levels of determination you have shown thus far.

Vanny1966 Mon 10-Dec-12 20:47:40

Hi, just been to Liverpool clinic for bloods & tests. Due to start early January. I've 4 stone to lose to get healthy Bmi and they have advised that I will do it in 12 weeks. Met some people who were there and had lost a lot of weight and found it easy. Anyone at Liverpool clinic? Everyone friendly and helpful. Excited as 12 weeks to a health me is going to be worth it. Wish me luck x

Bigcol2177 Tue 11-Dec-12 16:36:06

Hi vanny,
Best of luck with your diet.
I started alizonne on the 2nd October, I had been on a diet at home beforehand, (trying to reduce the overall cost) and had lost a stone and a half. So my starting weight was 20stone 7pounds. I'm sitting here writing this at 15 stone 2pounds. Nearly 5 1/2 stone gone. 6 weeks on my own diet 11 weeks on alizonne.
I've lost over 10 inches off my belly and my t-shirts are now medium instead of xxl.
Just thought I'd share my weight loss as I found reading other people's experience inspiring. I know it's expensive and it tests you to the limit at times, but it does work. I love my new body, I love my energy-levels.
All in all I'd say this has been the best money I've spent as an adult, my only regret is I didn't do it sooner

Colin

Vanny1966 Sun 16-Dec-12 13:51:53

Hi Colin, So glad to hear all the weight you have lost. I'm going to try and lose some before I start but getting Christmas out of the way first. I'm size 20 at the moment so have not been tempted to buy anything as am hoping like you to go down in sizes. Yes the money does worry me but I've tried everything and had been looking at Gastric Band etc...But that's also very expensive and obviously has long term side effects. I'm at the stage in life that if I don't do something now at 46 I'm going to start suffering health issues. Thanks for your comments and keep it up and let me know how you get on. Also you didn't say which clinic? Thanks V.

Vanny1966 Wed 26-Dec-12 16:10:18

start date 4th January - Anyone else starting 2013?
Would love to hear from anyone starting in January 2013 so we can help each other. I'm excited but scared too as really want it to work. I'm at Liverpool clinic. V

Nuthouseresident Wed 02-Jan-13 11:54:49

Hi everybody

I am considering this weight redcuction system but think I would prefer a more conventional approach to weight loss even though I have about 4 stone to lose.

However the body contouring treatments to prevent saggy excess skin are very appealing.

Does anybody know if they are offered seperately from the rest of the program or if anybody else offers them.

Thanks

Bigcol2177 Wed 09-Jan-13 18:28:11

Hi vanny,
I was at the silverlink clinic in Newcastle. I have now successfully phased off and am now starting my life phase. My lowest weight was 14 stone 10lb but I felt it was too thin (I know I couldn't believe it either) so I've now settled at 15 stone. Not much difference but I can see it.
So the way I look at it is this, I've lost 5 1/2 stone at a cost of around £3200 (not including the price of a whole new wardrobe haha) without any of the risk associated with surgery. And now that I'm getting used to being this size I have to say..... Bargain!!!!!

Colin

Suee1 Thu 07-Feb-13 20:08:38

I'm epileptic, does anyone know if I can do this plan?

anewbe Tue 12-Feb-13 13:46:28

Hi Everyone

I lost about 2.5 stone on my own via exercise and a eating reasonably healthily and this weight loss has been over a period of 14 months.
I am now stuck in a rut at my current weight and still have 1.5 stone to lose.

I am a bit sceptical but at the same time I have read the reviews of people who are on it so went about getting more information on it and making an appointment at the local clinic.

I had my first treatment last night and I started the Alizone diet today.
It’s all a bit strange and I picked the foods I like the sound of and no doubt I’ll find out what I like and what I don’t.

I’m not even sure how long it will take to see any results.
I am worried about the saggy skin bit – but I have been told that the ultrasound and connective tissue treatment help to ensure that doesn’t happen.

Are there any suggestions that anyone would like to make?

I am looking forward to the date I am back to my slim former self.

Vanny1966 Sat 16-Mar-13 17:45:32

Hi, Just for an update. I've now lost over 2 stone in aprox 6 weeks (Missed a couple due to illness) and have 2 to go. The treatments works and this is alot safer than surgery and you don't have the hunger. I've not had any side effects so suggest a meeting with your local clinic. It's not too good to be true it does work. P.S. No saggy skin....

mumofzands Tue 30-Apr-13 22:41:43

Hi everyone! I have just started the diet and on the fourth day today. I would love to know if anyone else is starting. It would be great to keep up with fellow alizonners and keep up the encouragement.

I have learnt a lot from the forum and hopefully will be able to give lots of tips myself too!

ginqueen01 Sat 04-May-13 09:42:31

Hi

I'm due to start this programme from the Brentwood Courthouse Clinic, is anyone else going there?? Would really like to know what you think about the diet and the staff at the clinic, feeling pretty nervous as its lots of money but I've tried nearly every diet going and I lose some weight then gain more!! Any advice would be very much appreciated xx

katseyes7 Thu 23-May-13 15:14:56

Afternoon all. l had my bloods done at Leeds yesterday and tomorrow l'm going for my first combined treatments, and hopefully will get my sachets then too if they have my blood results back. ls anyone else going to Leeds currently please?x

NUFC69 Fri 24-May-13 12:55:47

Katseyes7 - I don't go to Leeds, but have been going to Newcastle since the middle of March and have lost 37 lbs already. I am so pleased with the whole thing - the results are amazing and I am never hungry. Let me know how you get on - I'll be interested to hear. I have a lot to lose and they estimated 22 - 28 weeks for me, and I seem to be on track. Good luck. PM me if I can help at all.

Paulita32 Tue 11-Jun-13 15:59:42

Hello everyone!
I am starting tomorrow at Leeds. I am really excited, I have been given 20 weeks to my target, and I can't wait.
Katseyes7 how are you doing? I hope we can keep in touch and report our weight loss!!

Best wishes to everyone xx

Jason100 Wed 12-Jun-13 08:19:33

Hi
I just finished alizonne
I lost 3 stone in 8 weeks
I am now 4 weeks off the diet and have been on holiday to turkey all inclusive for a week
I went in Friday for my 4 weekly check up to make sure everything is ok and I have lost another pound
If you need any advice or encouragement
Just reply
Good luck

Paulita32 Wed 12-Jun-13 09:34:56

That is really good Jason!! My blood results came back today in time for my 1st treatment. I know it can get to be a little bit tough, but believe me, I have 6 st to loose, and to carry those around I believe is tougher!!

But well done you!! Can I ask how did you react to the buffets? Because currently if you say to me all inclusive I am just thinking of the cocktails and food, food, food... But if you lost 1 lb means that you did not fall for it...

Anyway, thanks for replying, and yes, I will ask you for encouragement and tips on my way to freedom,
Take care Jason x

NUFC69 Wed 12-Jun-13 12:54:31

Jason - as I posted earlier I am 12/13 weeks in and have now lost over 45 lbs. I was very interested to read that you managed your holiday and actually lost a lb! I think that is great. I am hoping to finish by the time we go away in September, and the nurse reckoned that I should be on phase 2 next month - I just hope I don't get waylaid because other things are introduced. How did you find Phase 2?

I hope you don't mind me picking your brain?

Jason100 Wed 12-Jun-13 15:33:54

Hi
I always thought of all inclusive as loads of beer and ss much food as you can eat.
Everyone said to me that the diet was the easy bit and keeping it off would be the hard part.
I found it the other way around,on the diet I was always hungry and now I am eating full meals and not struggling at all
I will say my problem before was I did not have breakfast or dinner and would then eat 3teas at night and then go to bed.
Now on the diet with the routine eating every 3 hours or so I have re trained myself on how to eat.
When I came off the diet I was given a calorie book with about a million pages and told doctor I was going to fail because I would never be able to read that and take it all in.
I have my own rule now, if I have to think about what I am eating or check how many calories are in what I am about to eat then the chances are I should not be eating it or have a smaller portion.
It is all about what you eat and the times you eat it.
On holiday I was having 3 courses 3 times a day
I would have soup and a roll for starters
A plate of salad for next course
Then main would be whatever meat was on offer but no chips maybe have rice or even a bit more salad.
I do not have a sweet tooth anyway do do not bother with desserts.
I would then make sure I swam a few more lengths in pool .
I was drinking all day
Normally I drink lager and could easy knock back 10 pints in a session but I started drinking Vodka and orange or soda or diet tonic.
For me that is the hardest part but I still want to go out and I know drinking beer I'd not an option for me.
Everyone is different
What pushed me to Do it was the cost
I am so tight that I did not dare cheat because the first week I did not loose a lot of weight I would have stopped.

Hope this helps
I am more than happy to reply to one person at a time directly but this is just a general reply as there are 2 people on here.

I have just had before and after photos taken and am going to be in the magazine for alizonne to advertise for them.

Thanks

Jason

NUFC69 Wed 12-Jun-13 18:41:53

Thanks, Jason. I think I must be your sister, as I said to my DH that if I was spending this kind of money, I would definitely not be cheating as I couldn't face the thought of throwing the money away. I have so much more energy now and my life has improved out of all recognition already. Good luck for the future.

Paulita32 Thu 13-Jun-13 10:36:43

I absolutely agree with you NUFC69! Cheating? That is out of the question. I am sacrificing a new car to b able to afford my 6 stones gone, so, there is no chance! Well done in your lost so far btw! Any tips for a newbie?

NUFC69 Thu 13-Jun-13 17:17:51

Paulita, I always make sure that I have a sachet for a cold drink in the car, I have a 1 litre bottle which I carry everywhere and refill as necessary. Occasionally I have a little trouble with constipation, but I have found that the oatmeal, plus rhubarb, sorts that out nicely. I do enjoy cooking so have liked trying out the new recipes - I think it's essential that you do cook, tbh.

My favourite dish of the moment is vegetable casserole with cheesy patties. For a few weeks I bought some extra boxes of sachets which means that I now have a very good range of food, and I don't get fed up with things. My favourite sachets are: vanilla dessert, salmon blinis, hot chocolate and oatmeal. I also use sheep's cheese, potato pie, chicken nuggets, loads of different soups, and orange and pineapple drink.

PM me if you want to know anything else, but keep in touch anyway, as I will be interested to hear how you get on.

Jason100 Thu 13-Jun-13 21:46:06

Well done to everyone who has finished and lost the weight they wanted.
A tip for phase 2 when you can have meat
You only get 100g
If you get s piece of steak or chicken and weigh it out it is too small and you will think I might as well not Even bother
Well I did
Anyway
I found it better to get some prawns and put them into a stir fry or a curry then each mouthful had a bit of meat and the prawns looked like more than the steak.
I also got 100g of cooked meat from the deli counter cut thin and rolled it up so I had 6 or7 slices to go with my salad
This worked for me as it looked like I was getting more.
Good luck people
Hope it works for you as we'll as it has for me
Jason
If I can be of more help or offer tips just ask

NUFC69 Fri 14-Jun-13 09:34:48

Jason - what an excellent idea about the prawns (I would never have thought of this). When I had my last review a couple of weeks ago I was told that I should be on to Phase 2 sometime next month, so was really looking forward to, sigh, meat and fish again!

Thanks!

This thread is not accepting new messages.