The Paul McKenna Thread Number 12. A Simple Title, for Simple Weight Loss and All amongst Friends!!

(950 Posts)
Solo Sun 19-May-13 11:04:03

Welcome to thread 12 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition, it's about enjoying what you are putting in your mouth, but not feeling bloated and uncomfortable (or guilty) afterwards!
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we may have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!! Let's get lighter for those summer clothes!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry ~ NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several...if we can get into a smaller size for summer, just think how we could look for next Christmas!

cammry Sun 25-Aug-13 11:08:57

hi everyone...well im all hypnotised up....am starting tomorrow...its nite time here in australia....any handy tips from anyone who has done this??

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Aug-13 14:02:56

Hello cammry welcome grin You need to keep up with the hypnotism at the beginning until it becomes automatic. Also if you've been used to eating a load of crap FAST then it takes a while for your body to get used to it (you do have to be patient!!).

Though IMO you've found the BEST way to lose and keep off the weight grin Good luck grin

veryberrybug Sun 25-Aug-13 14:18:27

afternoon all!

welcome cammry slowing it right down is my top tip, from time between mouthfuls to even chewing slower. gives you the space to hear your body signals. it works!

rules & pp as soon as i read about the cake i thought "delia's chocolate yule log" mmmmflourless. surprisingly easy to make too! i did some with soya custard for gluten- &dairy free friend, though i prefered the bit with full-fat whipped double cream <uuhhuhurr - drooling at thought> our boxing day treat.

rules i hope you have some luck with detectivework re: headaches etc.

pp yes rationing has had lasting effects - my dad still tends to stockpile hmm

queen well done girl! keep it up! wink

Rules Sun 25-Aug-13 15:10:49

Nooooo my flourless chocolate cake or maybe it was a torte....mmm...not sure....but its by the very lovely Gordon Ramsey who I actually find rather attractive in a way. ha ha!!.
Hi cammry......well done. It all gets easier and easier with practice. Takes a while to get out of the diet mindset but just ask us anything and we will all give you our take on it smile. Where are you in Australia? Im Australian but live in North Wales. My parents live in Queensland, up north.
Very .....Hellooo, im still on the detective work. Have cut out wheat and biscuits and icecream and high sugar stuff at the moment and been to health shop and bought various headache stopping natural products. We shall see. Its worth a try cause as pp pointed out, I could have an allergy somewhere to some type of food that triggers them. Still eating the Paul way though just chosing different things.
pp thanks for your help x (non mumsnet kiss, more of a netmums thing I think....oh well !!!

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Aug-13 16:44:33

Yes great minds Very grin It's fabulous with chestnut puree filling too with tofu cream (you'd never know the difference between that and dairy cream BTW). It disappears soo fast!

You know you're very welcome Rules I'm pming you BTW.xx

cammry Sun 25-Aug-13 20:03:41

hi everyone.... again

Very Righto...havent put anything in my mouth yet but I will remember that before i start.....havent done anything much slow in my life...but here is my chance ah,.....thanks heaps....
Rules Im in Toowoomba, QLD Rules, You are right, I really need to get out of the "Diet" mindset...which has been installed in me all my life.
May I ask what sort of weight loss success you guys have had and how long u have been doing this...how long...mmmmm... i am guessing i will be doing this for the rest of my life....BTW thank you both for your support..think I will be needing that. xxx

cammry Sun 25-Aug-13 20:07:57

sorry PP - I didnt scroll up enuf to see your message too....thank you for replying....i think patience is a big must here...I can certainly see the benefit but I will be full on with the cd i think...i dont want a huge loss, i just want a permanent one and at the end of the day an "Automatic" way of life...thank you for your support too smile

ppeatfruit Sun 25-Aug-13 22:18:10

I've lost nearly 3 stone and reached my target (i go by my clothes more than the scales so I'm a size 10 vanity which are a bit loose) I've been maintaining which is the most pleasing thing about this WOE as you say cammry it's for life grin !!

Rules Sun 25-Aug-13 22:57:10

My parents live near Bundaberg cam. I can remember how much I have lost....a stone I think and I would like to lose another stone. I go more by my clothes too.

QueenOfHalloween Mon 26-Aug-13 00:07:14

Thanks everyone smile

Hello Cammry Welcome smile Best advice i can give you is to try and listen to the CD every night if you can. It will keep you on track in the early stages. I have no goal weight in mind, i just want to get back into my wardrobe full of lovely size 10 clothes.

Rules Don't remember hitting it on anything...... Had weakness/tingling/numbness for a while but cos i've been off work its not really been a problem. But now i'm on the verge of going back its going to be an issue. I'm having to learn to use my left hand for more stuff but i just can't help jumping in with my right hand!

Rules Mon 26-Aug-13 01:12:58

is it connected to your ME?

cammry Mon 26-Aug-13 09:10:31

aww thanks Rules...use to live in HB an hour so from bundy..but been here for near on 3 yrs now.

thank you QueenOfHalloween...I will remember that....
so today has been my first day and these rules didnt seem all that hard to me....but now....im not sure...im am fighting the degree of hunger and then i dont really know when i am full lol...but I am guessing that will come with time. I have been mindful what I am putting in my mouth too..and I know we are able to eat what we like...but I think be mindful now and hopefully that will be my "habit"....im trying not to be too tough...am only on day one too...your guys support is invaluable...and I thank all of you for your help....I dont have a huge amt of support around me...my other half said he supports me with the roll of the eyes....(thinking I am sure...awww another diet lol) anyways....i dont want to tell anyone in case I fail..lol... but I will be a regular here that is for sure...thank you all.... smile

ppeatfruit Mon 26-Aug-13 09:28:28

Morning all (is it morning for you *cammry?) grin Chewing every mouthful 15 to 25 times helps enormously and putting down the food or knife and fork between the mouthfuls.

cammry Mon 26-Aug-13 09:38:26

thanks PP I have just had tea and have done that...but wasnt sure if i was full so stopped thou...and i was probably quiet full....but thanks for that...i am chewing the food way more than i would normally....probably need to be very mindful of that

Rules Mon 26-Aug-13 10:42:02

Morning Ladies

Rules Mon 26-Aug-13 10:46:18

Where is HB cam?

cammry Mon 26-Aug-13 11:08:54

heryey bay.....where exactly are you??

cammry Mon 26-Aug-13 11:11:56

mite help if i spell it correctly Rules...Hervey Bay

ppeatfruit Mon 26-Aug-13 12:10:55

cammry sometimes you also need to wait a little while before your stomach registers the full feeling; as we said we all needed patience at the start grin

Rules Mon 26-Aug-13 15:27:13

North Wales.

ppeatfruit Mon 26-Aug-13 16:06:59

I'm off to London tomorrow so won't be near a working computer till after the 8th or so. I don't post from my mob. as it's such a rip off so I'll speak to you all later good luck with everything Rules i look forward to discovering how you're doing. Keep the Paul Mckenna flag flying everyone !! grin

cammry Mon 26-Aug-13 21:48:54

Thanks PP.... have a nice time in London. I use to live there in the day lol...

Rules I thought u meant North NSW in Australia lol....ok so North Wales in UK.....got it now smile

so day 2...so ill see how we go ... just had brekky....yeah the full feeling isnt clear at this stage and I thought it would take time. Ill be back with a full report this evening lol..... have a lovely day everyone!

Rules Mon 26-Aug-13 22:33:41

Hi cam. You have a lovely day, lol, we are all off to the land of nod here!!
Glad its going well for you. Small steps and all that.
I grew up in Australia and moved here many years ago with my parents. I married a Welsh man but my parents moved back.

cammry Tue 27-Aug-13 11:28:17

aww really Rules ... So I guess you visit when you can ah? Im not a real aussie either..im a kiwi who originally lived in nz then the uk and now i have been in oz for about 15 years now....
so its day two. I have been really good...being very mindful..being very slow with eating....trying to recognise the full and empty feeling ...thats what i am having trouble with most....how often do u weigh yourself...i am tempted to but i wont till maybe saturday because I know u get daily fluctuations...and that can be disheartening at times....so thats where i am at for the moment....am i doing anything wrong ?

veryberrybug Tue 27-Aug-13 14:21:18

hello all

pp have a lovely time in blighty grin

rules gordon ramsay??? really??? hmm i never thought him that attractive & then once i heard him boast that he'd 4 kids under the age of 5 & had never changed a nappy shock that put me further off! <shudder>

cammry i too have struggled with the full signal, i found that between mouthfuls a quick poke in the sternum helped me to tune in with it (this is where you feel true hunger). i've only been doing this since ~May so early days for me, but i now eat chocolate, chips & cake with no issues & don't put on weight. i accidentally lost half a stone on holiday (!!) i weigh once a month at curves (women's gym) & they also measure inches & bodyfat % both of which go down every time, sometimes as much as when i was dieting but with no effort or deprivation, just mindful joy! smile sounds like you're doing it all right so far, just keep it up it's for the long haul wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now