Super Hard Chiefs (don't mention the poo)

(1000 Posts)
DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 17:41:02

New thread for chiefs who choose their hard - all welcome!
Moving on from this thread which is full:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/1696110-Calling-all-Chiefs-who-Choose-Their-Hard

Lizzylou Fri 12-Jul-13 14:10:30

Yum Strada is lovely, enjoy smile

Have just done Extreme Shred and shed. Bloody hot! Felt a bit weak and woozy. Then remembered I haven't eaten all day confused

BsshBossh Fri 12-Jul-13 14:12:14

I can confirm now that Victoria sponge cake for breakfast is a perfect breakfast <bliss>.

Double have fun at Strada.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 13-Jul-13 11:22:48

>>THE BEST INVENTION EVER!<<

Finally we can have ad infinitive answer to the eternal chiefly question!

Lizzylou Sat 13-Jul-13 13:35:09

grin grin grin grin Randall you nutter.
How hot is it? Park run was a sweaty affair. Think may have to run v early tomorrow, 7am or something shock

BsshBossh Sat 13-Jul-13 17:09:33

Randall grin

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 13-Jul-13 17:20:20

Gotta love Pinterest grin

Park running? Really? You are officially insane, get yourself a solero and calm your arse down!

I'm off to the after-mega-wedding party tonight. More beer and Thai food sad <play, tiny violins, play>

Lizzylou Sat 13-Jul-13 17:39:58

Aftermegawedding party?? I need some new friends, yours sound bonkers and fab fun grin

Hairdresser said I had lost loads of weight and was looking very slim today so feel good. But he told my friend he fancied my dh so could be feeling guiltygrin

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 13-Jul-13 17:43:52

Huzzah for you!! That's a fab compliment!

Because they had such a small number of people at the mega-wedding (hence how it could be so mega) they are having a sort of party/night do thing in a local hall tonight. I have a feeling it may be one Randall too far but hey, it'll be fun grin

OMG. I need those scales. Feck fitbit. I want to have a system of weighing broccoli in, shite out and compare it against the various members of the family. I would like a chart of turds.

Lizzy I salate you and your keenness. You win. I have given up running whilst it is so hot and have taken up swinging. On the swing chair. Not with car keys and bowls. And your DH is so hot he is fancied by your hair dude? I think photos are required. He was obvs telling the truth about your slimness so your DH must be some sort of tastiness.

Still weighing the same here. Have exercised most days. Damn it I played hockey in 28 degrees today. And tennis in 32 degrees. Have fasted twice this week. Have given up today because frankly it is too hot to do anything other than swing.

<wishes she didn't have pampas grass in the front garden>

Randall more booze? more thai food?

dons SDP disguise and runs towards the north

RandallPinkFloyd Sun 14-Jul-13 11:03:22

Oh dear, it got awfully messy blush

I got home at 5 o'clock. What was I thinking? I'm far too old for that kind of caper. Very fun times though!

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Sun 14-Jul-13 18:26:54

Hi chiefs. OMG it's hot. Had diet day of doom yesterday with Turkish lunch out then curry and birthday cake in the evening. Tried to stick to healthy stuff at lunch and avoid the effing delicious deep fried shizzle, then stuck to a starter only for tea. It was MIL' s birthday combined with friends visiting. Seems to have come in at 1800ish which I'd be happy with if the mfp counts are accurate.

Bssh that made me LOL - I know your weight fluctuates over the day (I had a flirtation with was a psych outpatient for anorexia in my teens and used to weigh myself about 30 times a day). At the time my scales bleeped every time you switched them on and without fail a member of the family would roar " Buzzy get off those bloody scales, you're doing my head in!" so your post was a blast from the past! (Wish I could access half the commitment I showed in those days wink ) Anyway, I usually weigh in last thing at night so I can try to avoid the ruined-day syndrome if the number's too high, and the flip-side which is taking my foot off the pedal if the number's lower than expected. But you and Lizzylou are right, I weigh far, far too much often.

Lizzylou it's a.ma.zing that you're running in this weather. I did last weekend and once in the week, but this one has been far too hot. Thought about getting up at 7am to run. Didn't. Tea similar massive respect for your hockey in the heat. Lizzy what a lovely compliment from your hairdresser grin Brilliant chief.

Randall grin grin I really want one of those seats! I used to have a joke program called Poo Timer on my PC at work - basically you saved your salary details and work hours on it, then you clicked a button on your way to the loo and on your return, and it would tell you how much your poo had cost your company grin 5am return you stopout! Bet that was fun! Early bed in the Floyd household tonight or are you going the full teenage hog and staying up to play the Withnail and I drinking game or similar?

DoubleMum Sun 14-Jul-13 19:39:19

That loo seat must be from Japan, they have all kind of strange loo seats in Japan.
Seem to have eaten lots of chocolate entirely by accident.

BsshBossh Sun 14-Jul-13 19:40:52

Argh, I ate too much today and have given myself a tummy ache. I just can't Randall the way I used to, but I need my eyes and head to catch up with my tummy. Thank God for tomorrow's fast.

LaundryLegoLunch Sun 14-Jul-13 20:15:20

Hi chiefs!

I've been off the thread for far too long to catch up properly but well done to all losers and I hope the injured are recuperating!

I was expecting the hot weather to destroy my appetite but instead it's unstoppable, especially for carbs and salt... I was at a couple of kids birthday parties yesterday and it was not pretty.

I would love those scales. I am obsessed with the fact that my <ahem> movements will affect my weight and its even worse that since losing weight I hardly ever go confused

Hope everyone has a good week.

SylviaDaisyPouncer Sun 14-Jul-13 21:26:13

Sweating much Chiefs?

Wow it's hot (states obvious), getting me in practise for next week when we are in Spain....this time next week we will be packed and waiting to get on up to Gatwickgrin

I haven't been good, I call it being in holiday mode already. Once I get back the work starts seriously, though I will be swimming lots on my hols. Not sure that will balance out the food and drink but....

Randall I am so impressed with a 5am rolling home time. Can't remember the last time I could even stay up past midnight (old gimmer emoticon). Am v jealous of your fab social life.

Should you have donned your SDP disguise tea you would have to get a fat suit invest in lovely blondey swishy hair. Had a much deserved pamper and hair stylee on Friday. My hairdresser also commented on my weightloss but I hope she doesn't fancy my husband as she is so slim and gorgeous I would cry. Mind you as I told dh the other night (pmt central so must be forgiven), absolutely no one else on this planet would put up with him or his extra toe growth

Foot is still hurting but have Jillianed on it and can still walk just

Busy week coming, dd will be 3 on Friday. Will be far too much cake around and I can't see myself saying no. Will fast tomorrow and hopefully Wednesday or Thursday. Love cake far too much to pass on it....

Lizzylou Mon 15-Jul-13 05:55:09

It's so hot I was awake at 5 am angry angry angry angry
Nice hair SDP, nearly holidays for you grin
Tea, exercising in this weather is horrid. Yesterday morning Dh got up and did his cycle at 6.15am. So I went running at 7.30. Was still quite warm shock Then went to the air conditioned gym. One benefit had it practically to myself.

Dh is lovely but not usually heartthrob material, my heartthrob only. I expect Dh and I are just your average invisible 40 year olds.
Until we start drinking, then anything could happen grin

Lizzylou Mon 15-Jul-13 05:56:29

Buzzy, Turkish lunch sounds lush envy

Lego, I am the same, really hungry this weekend, despite the heat.

DoubleMum Mon 15-Jul-13 12:40:37

Mmmmm, love Turkish food. I've got a pitta bread does that count?

Happy Monday Dudes.

New hair SDP .... lovely. I would love to have blond swishy hair. I am cursed instead with hair as wiry as a gorse bush and as dark as the rain clouds in the highlands. Bah I want to be blond and tall.

5am. Brilliant. Not sure I could do it in this heat but if I had a couple of days with no kids after I'd give it a go.

Today I was fasting. Then I baked a banana loaf so I gorged instead blush so it'll take a bit of effort but hoping to do a relatively low calorie day ..... perhaps 800. But we'll see. I'm off to play hockey in an hour and I'm so hungry I could eat a scabby horse between two mattresses.

It seems I too like to eat when it's warm!

dinkydoos Mon 15-Jul-13 17:51:54

Hello all. I'm a bit warm. And fasting. And really not enjoying it today! Although the weather in theory is supposed to make you less hungry, I just think it makes you can't be arsed'y, you know what I mean?
I need a 5am er randall as feeling bit old and dull at the moment! Been quite sensible on the few nights out I have had, which is so unlike the old me it's scary...
Bought a lovely set of jamas today from bravissmo ( sorry for my non chiefy diversion, just have a snooze if this is too dull) its some shorts with a t shirty top with inbuilt bra thing for my saggy large norks. Quite tempted to get into them now!

SylviaDaisyPouncer Mon 15-Jul-13 21:19:46

Ooh dinky those pjs sound good, might have a google. Could certainly do with a bit of support in that areasmile

Banana loaf sounds lovely tea, and all that hockey playing will counteract the baking.

The woman I worked with today was talking about starting one of these meal replacement diets....cue me boring her to tears with fasting and exercise. I bet she went home and had a huge glass of wine to try and block my voice out! Even I knew I was going on and on and on.

However it spurred me on to have a good fast day. I need to realise not everyone is a Chief!

Okay, so a question...once I have shredded, which DVD should I go for next? I have a kind of odd fondness for Jillian so any recommendations for the next level of punishment? Once dd starts pre school in September I have 3 mornings to myself and will start c25k as well (tea it's those shorts you sent waving at me when I open the wardrobe!).

Exercise is the only way I'm going to reach goal by December so I'm drawing up the plans ready to hit the ground walking running once holiday is done.

Lizzylou Mon 15-Jul-13 21:49:14

I really love Ripped in 30, Sdp. Better results than the Shred, same length too. Banish fat boost metabolism is good as well, but about 50mins.

Respect to the fasters in the face of heat and baking temptation.

Had to run tonight as cannot do Metafit, or anything tomorrow as Ds2 has a Music night at school. Wednesday and Thursday will be tricky too as Dh awol with work confused

Not felt too hungry today, for a Monday grin

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Tue 16-Jul-13 12:44:32

Morning chiefs! Dinky I'm l

buzzybuzzybeeshoes Tue 16-Jul-13 12:51:21

Stupid fat fingers! Dinky loving the sound of those jimjams too - I wear all my old breastfeeding bras to bed at night (well not all at once, you know what I mean). Must go to bravissimo at some stage - still wearing my last bf bras, and stopped feeding 16 months ago [sceptical]

Lizzy I love the idea of shred; have tried it and found it fine from the point of view of not wanting to die, but it buggered up my knee something chronic to the point I couldn't exercise for a fortnight. Is Ripped in 30 the same or easier on the knees? Should just go back to the Davina DVDs otherwise - at least you get plenty of exercise when you try and high-kick her face on the screen wink

Going to try to run tonight <weep emoticon> Swimming club last night was complete and utter bliss.

dinkydoos Tue 16-Jul-13 13:10:38

The top was this in black.
www.bravissimo.com/products/sale/nightwear/pyjama-tops/cap-sleeve-top/black/nw101blk/?sale=true&level=2

And the shorts were these
www.bravissimo.com/products/nightwear/pyjama-bottoms/shorts/multi-stripe/nw122mst/

The only issue I had was that the top sort of assumes your norks are a certain shape, and mine don't really conform! But it's v comfy and pretty flattering to be honest (tried cream one on as well and somehow not as flattering) Wanted something to loll around my caravan deck in in France, as usually just wander around with saggy braless boobs late at night and in the morning, so thought it would be better for all neighbours if I didn't!

This thread is not accepting new messages.