Super Hard Chiefs (don't mention the poo)

(1000 Posts)
DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 17:41:02

New thread for chiefs who choose their hard - all welcome!
Moving on from this thread which is full:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/big_slim_whatever_weight_loss_club/1696110-Calling-all-Chiefs-who-Choose-Their-Hard

Lizzylou Mon 20-May-13 20:02:00

I know, bonkers eh?
I mean, my family is complete, no worries there, but still....
Will I have to get a blue rinse and some sensible slacks?.. confused

It's funny Bssh, some days I can sort of forget about food and not crave anything, other days it is all I think about.....

I know exactly what you mean Lizzy I had to go on the coil because I'm perimenopausal and that was exactly my thought. Rationally I know I have a complete family but I like to have to option of just one last hurrah wink It's odd to think that 600 years ago I would have approaching old age and about to pop my clogs smile luckily modern medicine is great and I feel like I'm still in my twenties - except I seem to have a large tash and wake at night because I am sweaty. <sigh>

Great service by doctor though. Sent off for tests and he laughed at your joke. Got to love the NHS, worth the tax wink

Hey hey Randall I was a hungry caterpillar yesterday too. Booze is great, except the things it makes me eat the next day. Ahhhh. I too have atoned today. Just broke a 24 hour fast with a light paella after 55 minutes interval training. Lovely but I appear to have got stuck at the dining table, I am unable to move and everyone else has fecked arf upstairs to lounge like lizards in front of the telly. Bah. I may sit here til breakfast!

Tiger magazine/book, some food and a DS/iPod type thing will make the flight relaxing for you too. I bet you'll look fab in your bikini. We went abroad last year and at a size 14/16 didn't feel out of place IYSWIM. This year we're off to the Lake District and Northumberland so no swimming type opportunities to look thinner. I'll be the one walking fells with a toddler on my shoulders taking it in turns, with a tall very pale man, to shout at a herd of boys.

dinkydoos Mon 20-May-13 21:10:52

Ooh, lizzy don't go all blue rinse/twin set on us! However sensible slacks you say? Bet they are comfy.... grin. My system has gone bonkers, am now on a 22 day cycle it seems, how crap is that? It seems like I only have 10 minutes of being 'normal' instead of either being 'pre' or actually menstrual. The joy.
Am trying to zero fast, as DP away for night, and want to try and undo some of my indulgences. Herbal tea number 17 coming up....

Lizzylou Mon 20-May-13 21:18:10

Coil, you say? Hmmm
Least we have more options now I spose.

Dinky, I am the same. And so blooming tearful!

DoubleMum Mon 20-May-13 21:50:09

Aw, unmumsnetty hugs to the tearful ones. Bit of a day of it here too as DH has (finally) decided he may be depressed and went to the GP tonight. Have had to stop him googling the side effects of his prescription of course. Plus DD had a headache which causes her drama queen side to come out, all of which means I haven't made good food choices today. Ah well. Am in this for the long term after all.

<grabs chiefs and squeezes tight>

Lizzylou Tue 21-May-13 06:20:09

That is good about your dh though Double, eh? Admitting he is depressed is a big step.
Hope Dd is better today.

Have been awake since just gone 4am. Because I was too, erm, warm hmm
My mind is obviously very open to suggestion!

Have done 30mins of Pilates to strengthen my core. Or powerhouse. Only exercise I could face at that ungodly hour.

DoubleMum Tue 21-May-13 07:06:33

LIzzy am very impressed that you'd be exercising at 4 in the morning. That's dedication for you. Hoping you feel less warm today though. Hormones eh?!
DH had an OK first night, long may it continue. Am v pleased he went to the doc though, he has refused for years.
To my astonishment I have lost 2.6 lbs this week, taking me to 34.8 lb loss. I think this is more than I have ever lost before in my life of diets, so I need to build on it and make sure it never goes back on again.

Well done Double that is an amazing achievement. grin onwards and downwards.

And glad to hear a good first night for your DH.

Gah Lizzy may coffee serve you well today. I feel your pain. I woke up last night in a sheen of sweat. Perhaps it was just humid last night? <grasps straws>

I have put on one pound. hmm But my percentage body fat continues to slowly reduce so not all bad. I think I'm going to have a funny few weeks whilst I change what I eat to exercise more efficiently.

I'm going to spend the day with 45 11 year olds playing quick cricket. I have no idea how to play but will be calling into costa on my walk there so I should get through. Ye Gods. Give me patience today.

Lizzylou Tue 21-May-13 09:02:38

45 11 year olds??? shock You'll need something stronger than coffee, Tea!

Double, wow! Go you, that is fabulous, you are doing so well grin

I didn't do the pilates at 4am, I lay there for an hour getting increasingly frustrated and got up at 5am. It was nice though and I feel all stretched and, well, knackered if I am honest!

DoubleMum Tue 21-May-13 09:23:50

Tea you were probably sweating at the thought of 45 11 yr olds.

LaundryLegoLunch Tue 21-May-13 09:36:53

Quick cricket?! Now that sounds bearable. not sure about the 45 kids

Big chiefly hugs to all having tricky weeks. Hormones are a rotten bugger aren't they? I'm more up and down than ever before even though I have sprung my last offspring and so no longer need all that fancy ovulation gubbins.

double that is a fantastic loss! And well done to your DH for taking that brave step, many never manage that much.

dinky yes! Lets be weightloss twins wink. What's your weighing day? Mine is Weds so I always spend Tuesdays desperately craving cake hmm

Lizzy well done for even contemplating exercise in the early hours! I've been reading some stuff recently about confirmation bias (so when you believe something you keep finding evidence to support it while ignoring evidence that doesn't. It's really hard to stop!)

TheTigerDidntComeToTea Tue 21-May-13 10:45:11

Lizzy - oh no the m word?! That's why I'm not going to the doctor. I'm with Tea, I know I can't have any more but I really would like one more squidgy, ickle baby? Oh I can't believe I said that out loud! blush

Randall - so glad you've been Randalling, I'm living vicariously through you at the moment! Too scared to drink here after my disgraceful episode a few weeks ago...

Tea - no bikinis, I'll still be an 18/20 but better than the 22/24 I was at Xmas. DS is already planning his hand luggage so I'll make sure he has loads in there. Good luck with all those 11 yr olds!

Dinks - 22 days must be a nightmare, hope your fast went well.

Double - great news that DH saw the doc. And well done on the loss, you are doing brilliantly.

Laundry - hope the cake cravings aren't too bad.

It's lovely and sunny here today after a whole week of rain last week so I'm going to go for a walk at lunchtime and maybe pop to the shops to look at holiday clothes - woo hoo! Its so nice to think about going somewhere hot, the last few years we've been to the Lake district or the Borders and it has rained non-stop. All our holiday photos feature cagoules!

dinkydoos Tue 21-May-13 13:40:12

Afternoon all. Well I made it a zero fast yesterday, so now sat here with crisps..! Anyway lego I don't really have a specific weigh day, I just weigh when I feel light, and then only record any new lows! So will update when I get past the 147...
tiger you will have a fab time on holiday if you are used to rainy ones! Honestly it's just sooooo easy when the sun shines, time just flies! V jealous' its ages to August when we go!

Lizzylou Tue 21-May-13 18:33:34

Well done Dinky on fasting.
Dinky is right Tiger, you will love your hols. Sunshine cures all.

I have been such a grumpy old cow today! Tired and moany.

dinkydoos Tue 21-May-13 19:10:19

<strokes lizzy hair> have a little look at some keycampy stuff for your hols lizzy, that always cheers me up!

Lizzylou Tue 21-May-13 20:19:28

grin Thanks Dinky, I think I might smile
I do that too!!

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 22-May-13 12:05:49

I bet you're all off being uber healthy and weightlifting aren't you!

Well yesterday's fast didn't go quite according to plan. Ended up going for lunch with XDH and had mushroom and Stilton risotto followed by a giant bowl of Eton mess blush it was fricking delicious!

Amazingly after my Eurovision/food show/1200cal 'fast' day escapades I've still managed to shed 2.2lb this week. It finally takes me over the 50lb mark so more than happy with that.

I've got 18lb left to hit my goal and I've got a feeling it's going to start getting a lot tougher now so I'm breaking it down into small chunks to try and keep myself upbeat.

First one was 50lb, next one will be 25%. I'm at 24.6% now so hopefully that should be achievable before too long.

Double you should feel massively proud of reaching that milestone, it means you've beaten yourself and let's face it, that's the biggest battle of all. Hope the medication helps your DH, he's done a very brave thing.

Hope all you hormonal old biddies haven't succumbed to beige slacks and comfort fit mules just yet wink

Onwards and downwards chiefs!

LaundryLegoLunch Wed 22-May-13 12:24:48

I'm not being healthy, in fact I just ate the Heston-at-Waitrose Shepherds Pie. Although surprisingly it was under 500 cals and really delish.

Randall another great loss this week, you are unstoppable!

I lost 2lb this week and for the first time in forever got under 150lb! That means 4lbs to healthy. Oddly the last few weeks have seen a faster loss than a month or two ago, not sure why confused but I'm not complaining. I'm glad I stuck at it instead of giving up like every other diet I've tried and I would never have done that if it wasn't for the chiefs so I'm thankful for all of our (formerly) fat, wobbly bits grin

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 22-May-13 12:40:12

Wow lego so close! Bloody well done you!

And well one for getting out of the 150's, I've only just got into them!

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 22-May-13 12:55:03

Forgot to say, last week I tried on The Pants of Motivation and they fasten!
They do not look good, but still, they fasten, it's a start grin

I am also thrilled to report that The Jeans That Made Me Cry now require a belt lest they fall down!

DoubleMum Wed 22-May-13 13:24:59

I wonder if I am wearing beige slacks today? Might depend on what the definition of slacks is.
Woohoo, 50 lbs Randall! You deserve a nice little pressie to yourself (non-food-related!). You can buy yourself a lovely belt in case those jeans become the Jeans that Made Me Flash My Knicks. Great news about the Pants of Motivation. Oddly I feel so bloated that it feels like no trousers would possibly do up - I've had hot cross buns the last couple of days and they definitely haven't agreed with me so let that be a lesson learnt.
Lego brilliant loss, and so great to be in the 150's!

Lego and Randall fecking brilliant dudes. I love it when the thread is full of losers.

I really do quite like the Heston stuff ... the truffle macaroni cheese is like a plate of hugs on a Sunday evening in front of a fire. I think I became Chiefly on the back of his mince pies. And the earl grey hot-cross buns were delicious too. Can you tell I'm fasting today? At this time of the day I can mainly be found thinking about food and concentrating hard on a peppermint tea.

Oh. Mushroom and Stilton risotto sounds lovely too. Mmmmm cream and strawberries and meringues.

I'm about to go and make a minecraft pig, sheep and man with pick axe for top of DS3's birthday cake. Next time I add to my brood of small boys I shall be checking to see whether their birthday's are nicely spread out before they're allocated sleeping quarters.

Love that the jeans are all being beaten into submission.

Might you have a wheat intolerance Double?

<ahem> I may be sweaty, moustachy, generally grumpy and have to colour my hair every 3.5 weeks to cover the Morticia white stripe in my hair but I have never, ever worn mules. I don't think I've worn beige slacks though I did once have a pair of biscuit linen trousers which probably could pass the beige slacks test in a tea dance at the end of Weston-Super-Mare pier

DoubleMum Wed 22-May-13 16:35:04

See I've got beigy herringbone trousers on at the moment. I'm a bit worried in case they're slacks.
I don't think I'm wheat intolerant Tea, at least it never used to be a problem. I ran a sandwich catering business until fairly recently and ate the leftovers every day!

Oh. I just LOLed! You are a very, very funny lady Double grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.