I can't stop binge eating!

(3 Posts)
Ooopsadaisy Thu 25-Apr-13 14:03:09

I wonder if you are eating enough of the right things even when you are on track.

"Plateauing" is a common problem if you have restricted your calories for too long because your metabolism will seize up.

Are you following a particular plan? I wonder if what you are eating has ceased to work correctly with your body and so you are yo-yoing and craving crap like this.

The sort of programme you need to follow to start to lose weight is often not appropriate for later on when the amount you have to lose is less. Your body is behaving differnently now because, let's face it, there's 4 stone less of you.

People think the answer is to eat less. In almost all cases the opposite applies, especially if you are following an exercise programme as well because you now have a muscle mass which needs feeding differently.

Ooopsadaisy Thu 25-Apr-13 13:52:01

First thing to do is to forget what has happened today. Do not beat yourself up.

Go and stand in front of a mirror and shout at yourself for being bloody spectacular for losing 4 stone. Start praising yourself for your good points. If you have good teeth - go and have a good look at them. If you have nice nails - go and examine them. Start writing down all your wonderful qualities ie what you do for your children, for charity, presents you have bought that have made people really happy, the time you spend with elderly relatives etc.... etc ....

Get into a head space where you know you are the dogs doodahs.

Get yourself something high in protein and eat it slowly. Drink plenty of plain water. Get some exercise (it helps to balance your entire body patterns).

Get busy. Do something you weren't planning to get done and praise yourself for it.

Grrrrrrrr. (Maybe it's just me, but I have to get stern with myself.)

Gruffalump Thu 25-Apr-13 13:42:06

I don't know what's wrong with me at the moment, I really can't seem to stop eating, even if I know I am full I have to shovel more in.

I have been on one of those eternal diets for my whole life.

But more recently I have lost around four stone, and for the past few months have been losing and putting the same 8/9lbs back on. I still have about another three stone to go.

I've just gone completely off the rails. I think it's because I am working to a deadline of stopping the madness on Monday, I am away this weekend, so no chance of good behaviour then.

It's just ridiculous. Today I have eaten;

Packet of breakfast biscuits
My lunch ( midmorning) - two eggy mayo rolls, crisps and a viscount
A chicken and mushroom pasty
Some chips
A packet of munchies

Disgusting.

And now of course I feel all full and blobby and horrible.

Is anybody else like this??

AAAARGHH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now