Shred anyone?

(167 Posts)
rusmum Tue 02-Apr-13 15:11:08

Anyone want to join me? Done day 1 today, want to tone up and lose 10 lb ish by 20 may when I go to Corfu, 1st abroad hol in over 10 years. Share success if you have done this programme previously too wink

Purpleknickers Thu 16-May-13 09:24:26

Ok done level 2 for 3 times now it is getting easier. I may just be imagining it but I do think my posture has improved a bit too smile

rusmum Tue 14-May-13 22:08:26

Well done purple!!!!! Keep checking in u all xxwink

Purpleknickers Tue 14-May-13 10:51:05

Oh my gosh shock , progressed to level 2 last night, hung onto level 1 like a security blanket and I ache all over today. Going to do it again tonight though as as far as I recall day 1 level 1 made me ache all over too

rusmum Sat 11-May-13 21:23:00

Going to plod on doing days 1-3 till we go, copying ur idea xxxx

lavendersgreen Sat 11-May-13 16:53:37

Congratulations rusmum!!

Have a fab holiday and thanks again for this thread - posting and reading others progress has played a major role in my own perseverance thanks
xx

rusmum Fri 10-May-13 18:43:30

Done!!!!! winebrew

lululoves Fri 10-May-13 09:10:34

Well done for making it to the end grin
I'm on day 25....can't wait til the end-so close yet so far!

rusmum Thu 09-May-13 22:04:47

Last one tomorrow!!!!!!!

rusmum Tue 07-May-13 20:13:57

Lol it is tough!!!!!!! I can't do it! Could get through 3/4 of it last year but not any more! Sat after work tired, avoiding shred 28!

lavendersgreen Tue 07-May-13 16:45:23

omg....*40 minutes* of level 3 jumping!!! (faints at thought) grin

rusmum Mon 06-May-13 20:20:10

Insanity is like the jump moves in level 3 for 40 minutes!

lululoves Mon 06-May-13 09:49:40

Thank you lavender!
That's a good idea, really want to maintain and don't want this month of exercise to have been for nothing If I'm not going to maintain it!
I don't want to know what "insanity" is!
I'm shocked at how much I've got into it though, I'm not a natural born exerciser or even slightly fit but I feel like I HAVE to get my shred in everyday and I even went for a run the other day ha, bring on Rio 2016! grin

Murtette Sun 05-May-13 22:34:05

day 4 done smile. Some of the exercises I find really easy (chest presses for example); others I find really tough (the side lunge with the arm raises...its the arm raises I struggle with). Anyone else find this?

rusmum Sun 05-May-13 20:56:01

I like lavendar's plan. I have insanity but not ready for they yet s will save it for later x

lavendersgreen Sun 05-May-13 20:42:59

I finished day 30 on 30th April and feared exactly as you do lulu, ref losing (mildly but noticably) improved muscle definition. I've been doing the 3 levels on alternate days ie 1st may L1, 2nd May L2, 3rd May L3, then start again back to l1 on 4th May.

I do the cardio in levels 1 & 2 with weights tho....also trying to do the harder version of everything where I can.

Don't want to stop now I've got going....good luck everyone smile

lululoves Sun 05-May-13 19:31:45

Rusmum-what are you going to do when you finish the 30 days? I'm on day 20 and worried when I finish I'll lose the (tiny) bit of muscle definition I have gained and put weight on?
I'm thinking about going back to level one to try and maintain my weight loss and tone.
What has anyone else done post-shred?!

rusmum Sun 05-May-13 11:31:50

28 done

Murlette,

I think the intention is that you go to level 2 after 10 days and level 3 after 20 but really you move up when you feel ready.

I can skip the chat when you start on the level just by hitting fast forward as soon as I start the level 1 bit. I can't skip the earlier intro, but I put the dvd on and then i go and get my weights etc so it's usually finished by the time I am organised.

I had been doing the c25k before I started the shred so I find thye cardio bits of the shred a bit easier than i would have, but if you have been doing zumba then you should already have a level of fitness I would think.

Haven't really been doing either for the last week or so, OH still unwell and not getting the time or peace sad

Murtette Sat 04-May-13 21:03:43

I did day three, level one today. I'm enjoying it, especially today as I ditched my 5kg weights (the only ones I have) for 1lb tins of tomatoes as my arms had been agony and I'd really struggled to complete the arm movements in the strength bit.
A few questions:
- do I have to do 30 days of level one or can I move up a level when I feel like it?
- is there a way of skipping her intro chat? It was useful on day one but I don't need it now and it wastes 2 minutes watching it.
I'm sure I had another question but can't remember what it was now.
I do zumba twice a week so will skip the shred on those days.
Has anyone gone from doing the shred to C25k? If so, how did you find it?

Well done!

Still no shred done but pleased with the 2lb off.

Maybe I'll just work on the diet for another month and then do the shred for the last month before hols?

Maybe all i've been doing is toning up my fat grin

Thats now 26lbs off since mid Jan. It would be good to get another 9 before hols - that would be 2 and a half stone of my original 3 stone target gone. Still think i'd like a bit more off after that but will see how that looks/feels first.

rusmum Fri 03-May-13 13:38:27

27 done

rusmum Thu 02-May-13 16:54:10

26 done 1 lb off that's 3 in total. Started daft detox today too . Arms legs feel more toned

lululoves Thu 02-May-13 13:44:29

Yes! I agree, still have my stomach and it doesn't seem to be going anywhere so worried I'm doing the sit ups wrong?
I'm on day 17 now, feeling so much fitter and in much better shape than when I started, lost 2 pounds which I'm happy about but was hoping for more.
My arms look a lot more muscly but still not great as I still have my bingo wings-what size weights is very one using?! I'm using 2.5 pound ones but may have to increase as my arms are my main priority with summer coming!! grin

notnowbernard Wed 01-May-13 21:07:25

Rusmum - re belly fat... Hmm... A situation I've been trying to resolve myself! I've still got s wobbly bit at the front but it's definitely better than when I started, my trousers are looser and I have some abs starting to show at thf sides! shock

So I say punch on grin

Cutting down on bread had helped a bit maybe...? <ponders>

rusmum Wed 01-May-13 19:39:45

25 done! gringrin How can I blast my belly fat? Not shifting! shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now