NOW, or NEVER, no EXCUSES thread part 4.

(838 Posts)
Tortoise Fri 29-Mar-13 11:02:06

Here we are, thread 4 grin .
Time for me to have a large kick up the arse and lose weight! (After Easter!)grin

Tortoise Mon 12-Aug-13 13:27:22

It's just over £200! But I know he can't afford to give it to me. But that's a lot of money to me. Especially as I need to get DS1 a bus pass for college at a cost of £650!!!

ICBINEG Mon 12-Aug-13 13:28:54

yikes!

If you really think you won't get it then I would skip the agro...but that is a lot to abandon.

artyanklet Mon 12-Aug-13 20:35:23

Evening all! I m feeling rather pleased with myself this afternoon - had my weigh in at the DRs and what with my little weight loss last week added to this weeks loss is 1.5kg taking my total now to 10kg, I am thrilled to bits!

Hope you get sorted Tortoise, £200 is a lot of money!

£200 is loads, could he pay you a small amount weekly? Or would it make things worse to prolong contact? I'd definitely get the hose back.

Arty you lost even after you had an indulgent weekend? That's fantastic. You've probably learnt how to make healthier choices at social events without even thinking about it. I hope you are enjoying a non food treat for your 10 kg milestone.

<thinks> I need a treat, it's only just dawned on me that I'm in the 9s, I was too busy earlier to really process it.

Tortoise Tue 13-Aug-13 00:34:24

I could try for a bit each week from him. I will have to manage seeing him daily as my dds and his DS are at same school. I don't know what to text about the money.

Just been led out on the trampoline with my DC watching the meteor shower. It was fantastic. smile

Well done ark and johnny

Tort could you send straightforward text saying I need the money you owe me but understand all one go msy be hard so how does £20 a week sound

That sounds like a good idea human (presumably he'll have to pay with what he budgeted for the many dates he'll get from his online dating efforts grin.)

Has anyone ever used fat measuring scales? At the leisure centre dd1 wanted to weigh herself (a surprise to me as I never weigh myself in front of her but that's a whole other conversation). So I let her and dd2 weigh themselves and so I decided to have a go and have the BMi calculator and fat measured. To my horror my fat was still something like 33%. (iused an online tool about a year ago that said my bodyfat was about 33 so I don't know what the 50 lbs I lost were made up of! Water?) I sense an evening of googling fat measurements to work out what it all means whilst I try not to cry into a dominos.

Panic over, I did 3 online fat measures. One said I had a body fat of 28.9% (which is 'normal) and I only need to lose 7.2lbs.

I shall stick with that one!

Tortoise Tue 13-Aug-13 20:56:45

Well, I text him. Been talking on Facebook. He's hoping for a ppi payment! That could take weeks if at all.
I tried asking him why he was on dating sites talking to other women. He basically won't say. Just said well its done now. He insinuated that only a recent thing but I said been going in for months.

His reply was 'has it? Oh well'.
Then said "well I still want you"
With that reply there is 100% no chance now. Why can't he just be honest about it. sad

ICBINEG Wed 14-Aug-13 01:29:09

confused

artyanklet Wed 14-Aug-13 19:41:52

I have just signed up to the my fitness pal - Do any of you use it?

cookieowner Fri 16-Aug-13 12:30:08

Hi everyone
Sorry havent been on for a while, been busy with daughters over the last few weeks
I havent been brilliant over most of summer, as lots of days out and meals and my birthday too!
Have been back on it strictly this week and lost 2lbs though so now determined to get down under 11 stone, 36lbs lost and only 26lb to go !
Hope you are all ok
Yes i use myfitnesspal , i have done from the start of my diet as like to see what i am eating and find it really easy to keep track of my calories at all times

artyanklet Fri 16-Aug-13 15:01:10

I was a bit shocked when I added up my calorie intake for my lunch - in my head it was about 150 calories but when I used Myfitnesspal is was over 350! It really surprised me as really the only thing that I thought was "naughty" was my low calorie salad cream.

What did please me today though was the fact that my MIL who is very quick to say my you have put on weight or that outfit does not suit you etc.... actually asked me if I was eating special food at the moment as she thought I had lost some weight! Now I am not 100% sure but I am pretty sure when we were at the wedding on Saturday DH's 94yr Gran mentioned something to MIL about that I had lost some weight. But either way I am pleased that people are starting to notice.

Will have to be extra careful for this next week as we are off to France tomorrow - looking forward to the lovely hot sun and being able to lie and read all day long! bliss, but my favourite part is drinking cold little bottles of beer in the evening, I am going to try really hard not to drink as many and perhaps substitute every other one for a glass of fizzy water! I keep on thinking that it will not be the same but will be much better for me!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Speak soon.

Yes I love Mfp and used it nearly every day between September and may but since then I've found it hard to find the time.

Arty, I agree it is such a revelation. I used to think nothing of eating a cake or pastry and cappucino or a few biscuits when out and that 500 cals is more than a reasonable meal. My biggest change diet wise is I have completely cut down on snacks and portions of carbs.

I am also shocked when some cafes advertise the calories of their food. I still go to them a lot but have either a herbal tea or skinny cappucino and maybe fruit.

that said it's been a bad couple of days with dds and I have eaten some haribos and chocolate buttons and can't remember if I logged them

Arty, that must be so nice knowing that people are noticing all your hard work. Have you told anyone you're on a diet? I didn't tell anyone. Dh didn't notice until I lost about 40lbs! He's still not really mentioned it.

Cookie, me too, I think I've only lost a couple of pounds since July but I always knew it would be hard so lose so close to target ( top end of 9s).

Tortoise I hope you're ok.

Arty i forgot to say have a good holiday.

Arty

Have a good holiday and yup I use MFp

Cookie

Yup I understand and well done in the weight losd

Tortoise Fri 16-Aug-13 20:08:21

I need to get back into mfp. I do find it hard to log everything especially if I go over.
Have a good holiday Arty.

Johnny I'm ok, thanks for asking. Finding things hard to deal with but plodding along. I'm not expecting any loss this week but I think it will take time at the moment to get back to it.
Also really tired today. I'm having trouble getting to sleep at night. Seem to be dropping off about 2am then alarm goes off at 6.30 to make sure DS1 is up for his paper round. Sometimes doze off for a bit or just lie there awake thinking again!

Tort

On positive side look how much weight you been carrying lost all in an instant by refusing put up with being treated like that you deserve betterr

Tortoise Sat 17-Aug-13 10:28:00

Thanks Human smile. I will try to remember that. Going to do some sorting out in the house today I think. So much mess everywhere, I don't know where to start!

Tortoise, sorry things are crap, not sleeping is the worst because it affects everything else. I hope you had a productive day tidying, I seem to spend my life tidying after dh and the kids and yet I still live in a dump.

Surprisingly I lost 1/2 a lb. that was after three days with cake, chips, burgers, pizza and not much veg. Maybe I've finally got the hang of portion control.

Tort

How you feelibg hope you blasted music out and eanced away while sorting out

Johnny

Im impressed that atr that and lost weight

Down a 1lb for me but sheesh school holidays seem so long

Tortoise Tue 20-Aug-13 09:49:43

I gained 2lbs!

Music is nearly always on when possible grin. I'm working my way slowly through the kitchen. Chucking as much out as I can.
Nearly done now. Only done a few hours at a time but its a start.

Last night I slept in the tent in our garden with DD1 & DD2.
Definitely need more padding on the floor. I feel like I've gone 5 rounds with mike Tyson! Everything feels stiff and achey! Bit was fun.

ICBINEG Tue 20-Aug-13 12:24:11

Gah I was back up over 10 stone again...grrrr

I think I will get through my birthday....then kick start lifestyle change mark 2.

Argh

Happy birthday ICB

Tort your braver than me im groaning just st thouhht

Well done tort, I would like to do some housework. I really need to declutter all the kids toys and arts and crafts in the house but the kids are always with me and would be heartbroken if they realised their crap masterpieces get chucked out.

Happy birthday icb.

Mil took some photos in which I think I look fat. So angry with myself for feeling like this. I am really enjoying having races with dds and chasing them and generally being active yet I just can't be completely happy with myself. My plan is to find a form of exercise I like next month as dd2 starts preschool for 6 hours a week. Maybe I'll try Pilates again. Or the shred. Last time I tried I failed to do it even once!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now