New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The Final Weigh-In!

(980 Posts)
BIWI Mon 18-Mar-13 08:27:31

So here it is - come and weigh in for the last time and tell us how much you've lost in Bootcamp.

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

Sorelip Mon 18-Mar-13 13:27:41

Well, I gained weight, due to being a carb pig, and not having the guts to come back to the thread for an arse kicking. However, I restarted yesterday and hope to be 10lb down by the time bootcamp starts again. BIWI, thank you, and I can't wait for bootcamp to start again!

Kiriwawa Mon 18-Mar-13 13:51:05

On Saturday night I went to a 50th birthday party and ate canapes and drank lots of vodka and ff tonic. I also stayed at a friend's house and had a bowl of cereal with milk at breakfast.

By lunchtime yesterday, I had such bad cramps/intestinal spasms, I had to go and get some anti-spasmodic medicine before I could drive

I thought it was stress related but could it be because I ate carbs? shock <penny drops>

I haven't weighed today but fully expect to have STS. I haven't been that good on the booze front tbh but now I have no social occasions for a good few weeks so I'm going to be ubergood and try and shift a good few pounds before bootcamp starts again.

Iamaslummymummy Mon 18-Mar-13 15:56:04

My weigh in will be Wednesday.I think it will be a 7 lb loss but as I was already just in the healthy range I'm happy with that. At 150lb I have a BMI of 23.5. I've lost the massive pregnant looking stomach. Gone from 38 "round the belly button to 30" Levi curve id jeans :D

Dh is on about a stone and a half loss even with multiple breaches of beer. He is a convert as am I. Ds has aspergers and there its no way I'm going to get him to eat real food.

Thank you all for your support and your postings. I haven't kept up much to support you due to my own health issues but heres hoping this woe continues to give me improvements.

colette Mon 18-Mar-13 16:27:57

Well done Iamaslummymummy.
I have sts , seem to lose focus around the weekend .
Thanks Biwi , wwd and all the others. I want to continue with this woe . Still lost 6lb, only really want to lose another 6lb ( and tone up ) so will keep going .

Ruprekt Mon 18-Mar-13 16:34:16

<<walks in with tears streaming down face and wailing loudly>>

Where will you go Biwi and Willie? shockshockYou will be LOST without us and the spreadsheet and us asking questions and general chit chat!

A plan I have stayed with for 10 weeks. No real thought or desire to cheat, no more obsession when I will next be eating or thinking of food all day.

Thanks so much to all of you thanksthanks

You have been marvellous and I have lost 16 lbs!!!!

<<wipes drippy nose and leaves>>

sybilfaulty Mon 18-Mar-13 16:50:09

Well done to everyone on some truly fantastic losses.

I am joining willie and Noel on the not quite successful step. Lots of things have for in the way of losing lots, but I have eaten well, lost my Christmas excess and enjoyed every mouthful.

Looking forward to doing better in bikini boot camp.

Thanks to BIWI and WWD, plus all you lovely ladies for the laughs and chat.

QuickLookBusy Mon 18-Mar-13 16:50:58

Well done everyonethanks

I've lost another half pound which takes me to a grand total of 10 pounds. The lowest I've been since dd was born 22 years ago! My DH is still low carbing- he's lost over a stone, and still has a bit to go.

Thank you to everyone for all your inspirational meal ideas, recipes and photos. Thank you especially to BIWI for waving her big stick when we needed it and encouragement and hair stroking when we needed that!

The biggest thing I'll take away form these 10 weeks is the knowledge that it is carbs and not fat that should be eaten in moderation in order to have a healthy diet.

QuickLookBusy Mon 18-Mar-13 16:52:16

Sorry and of course Willie for her spreadsheets and great advice.

Yama Mon 18-Mar-13 17:58:23

A total loss of 7lbs for me.

I am incredibly full tonight after a pork belly spicy coconut stew. There's nothing for it but to sit down on the sofa for a wee while. Dh is going to make me a cup of peppermint tea.

Well done everyone! Good to have joined you. I won't be going anywhere by the way.

middleagedspread Mon 18-Mar-13 18:03:34

I've found you...
Desperately seeking low carb advise.
Any help gratefully received.

barleywood Mon 18-Mar-13 18:11:47

Hello MAS

I am more of a lurker than a poster but I am sure that someone will be along soon.

I have been following this WOE for almost 9 months and I love it.

Lots of advice and support.....and stick waving [grins] on this thread.

Plenty of real information but my rule of thumb is pretty much meat and two veg....neither of which is potato.

Other than that there are some tricky moments......snacking on the run is difficult if you are used to sandwiches but there are plenty of inventive alternatives. You just need to prepare.

Breakfast is another one, especially if you are used to cereal and toast. Same principle as above. Be inventive and prepare.

middleagedspread Mon 18-Mar-13 18:22:17

Thanks Barley. Therein lies my problem. I can do meat & 2 veg (adding starchy carbs for the rest of my family) but it's the lunches & snacks that I struggle with.
What do you have for lunch? Scrambled eggs/ omelette is fine at weekends but I just can't eat salad, ham & avocado every week day. About 2 hours later I'm starving.
I shall embrace all advice as I feel highly motivated & my jeans are too tight

SavoirFaire Mon 18-Mar-13 18:22:24

Thanks everyone for being so helpful. I'm a stone down in total and DH is also down a bit over a stone. We are basically doing a good job of sticking to the WOE during the week and plan to continue although our weekend discretions have got worse in the last few weeks. I wanted to hit 9 stone and in fact have got to 8 stone 9 - lighter than anytime in the last 7 or 8 years - and I am very happy at that weight. I think I can probably get a bit lower if I am stricter and I plan to keep weighing in weekly and perhaps do the next bootcamp as well.

I've also learned a lot - particularly about sugar addiction and whatnot, for which I am very grateful. I am a firm convert to the idea that it is sugar, not fat, which makes us fat. Having said that, I do still rather enjoy the odd bit of chocolate and wine

barleywood Mon 18-Mar-13 18:31:33

MAS Lunch is very often vegetable soup or, a particular favourite at the moment, tuna mayonaise on little gem lettuce.

Likewise egg mayo...are you seeing a pattern here?

I also love goats cheese, sometime with a handful of walnuts, although you do need to be careful with nuts.

Cold chicken, feta cheese, olives...I could go on

Snacks on the run are Babybels and a handful of macadamia nuts. You just need to work out what works for you. It does get easier the more you do

timidviper Mon 18-Mar-13 18:36:52

I haven't been terribly successful either but I know this is a time of year when I am rarely brilliant. The difference with this WOE is that I am carrying on and my head is in the right place for long term success, which has never happened before.

queribus Mon 18-Mar-13 19:01:46

I've got sickness bug so haven't weighed in but I've lost 15lbs overall, so really pleased.

teaandthorazine Mon 18-Mar-13 19:03:20

MAS - if I'm feeling organised I'll take in leftovers from the night before. But more often than not it's cold chicken, olives, cheese, sashimi if it's payday grin. The supermarkets do sandwich fillers that (while a bit processed) can be handy -egg mayo/prawn cocktail etc. Have them with chunky slices of cucumber or wrapped in lettuce leaves. Nuts are fine as long as they're not coated in sugar and you go easy on them.

captainmummy Mon 18-Mar-13 19:03:32

MAS = if you are hungry 2 hours later, you are not eating enough fat! Put mayo in your salad, or oil dressing. Hve you read the rules? They should be on a tab at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Mon 18-Mar-13 19:18:56

I STS this past week which was really disappointing - I have been very very good, I haven't cheated at all - not one morsel. So in order not to start freaking out (that this doesn't work for me, like so many other things haven't) this week is (Keeping the Faith & drinking plenty of) WATER week. I'm not changing anything else - just that (else I change loads and have no idea what it is that's helping/doing damage).

I've given away for good 18lbs in about 8 weeks, but some of that was pre low carbing and most of it in the first four weeks (12lb), this past four weeks has been very slow (6lb). I have LOADS to give away - so it should be going quicker than this <sigh>

Timid - mine was too, I braved out the STS weeks pre-period, during period, weeks 3-5 etc etc but the non arrival of the woosh fairy has freaked me out a bit - I can't afford for this not to work for me sad

SO, anyway, as I said this week is Keeping The Faith & WATER week smile

middleagedspread Mon 18-Mar-13 19:23:46

captain. The Spreadsheet rules are brilliant, a wonderful prescription. I think I'll print them out. T&T, left over is a great idea & can be filling.
I think I'll do Bootcamp light.
A couple of questions
What about (shop bought) coleslaw? The one in my fridge says high fat, low sugar, but no mention of carb content.
Can you have gravy? I normally use meat juices & flour with some stock, but I'm guessing the flour is a no no.

BlackAffronted Mon 18-Mar-13 19:35:58

MAS, i make my own coleslaw, easier to control and tastes wayyy better smile As for gravy, I just reduce the meat juices down with some stock. No need for flour.

MAS there are lots of tried and tested recipes here and BIWI has put together good info here, here and here

Bootcamp light is great, but do consider doing bootcamp proper for a couple of weeks as it really does help you get into the swing of it and make a clean break from the carbs

I agree with blackaffronted about coleslaw - homemade is best, but shop bought should list the carbs on the label? Check how much they're saying the nutritional info is for - I've been caught out with portion sizes before

I reduce gravy down too

Marking place!

middleagedspread Mon 18-Mar-13 20:03:13

Brilliant, I feel really inspired, thank you.

WillieWEggledEgger Mon 18-Mar-13 20:06:20

Good oh! You'll be posting your own recipes before you know it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now