VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

Aspiemum2 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:03:47

I have 4 dc's too, went from 2-4 10 months ago and it's definitely keeping me busy!
It really is easier than I thought it would be. I've tried lots of diets over the years, have only had success with ww before. Put weight back on with the pregnancy but couldn't get back into weight watchers. Didn't get on with slimming world at all and hated Atkins. This is so easy in comparison to any others especially if you are busy as its one less thing to think about.

Aspiemum2 Wed 27-Mar-13 10:05:41

Should add, I'm aware that I'm only on day 5 but I'm an early in the diet giver upper! (Day 1 on Atkins!)

catinboots Wed 27-Mar-13 17:30:17

Not so hungry today! But feeling tired

B: sweet porridge
L: mushroom soup and a few chicken pieces

D: will be mild curry and broccoli. Not tried the curry yet so will report back.

Must drink more water

Aspiemum2 Wed 27-Mar-13 23:57:44

How was your curry? I liked it.

After doing my s&s order last night I got an email saying delivery will be Monday! The website promised Thursday delivery. I only have enough for up to Saturday so I'm looking forward to Easter roast gutted!

catinboots Thu 28-Mar-13 06:30:30

Curry was nice! But I put too much water in and it was like a curry sauce - which was fine as I had it with broccoli

catinboots Thu 28-Mar-13 21:14:41

Cottage pie is lush

Aspiemum2 Thu 28-Mar-13 21:17:44

It is isn't it? Definitely my favourite for tasting like 'proper food'. Spicy noodle soup is nice too.

catinboots Thu 28-Mar-13 22:14:50

All the soups are good except the tomato. That was revolting.

How's your hunger? Mine's deffo going grin

Rosduk Fri 29-Mar-13 06:10:40

May I join? I am a massive 16 stone and i'm getting married in 4 months. Sob.

Starting Cambridge today! Wish me luck!

Aspiemum2 Fri 29-Mar-13 07:17:23

I liked the tomato! My hungers fine, not really felt tempted all week tbh. Official weigh in tomorrow but had a sneaky check today and its looking like 9lbs off which I'm delighted about smile

Aspiemum2 Fri 29-Mar-13 07:18:46

Welcome Ros, congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials grin
4 months is enough time on the CD, you'll be a different woman by then smile

catinboots Fri 29-Mar-13 08:50:27

I've got a horrible dilemma. We've been invited for roast at SIL's tomorrow and roast at my parent's on Sunday. We can't not go.

We're going to both. I thought I could have meat and green veg instead of one of my SS meals.

But..... How do I resist all the potatoes/wine/cheese etc when by are all tucking in.

In those kind of situations my willpower is zilch sad

Aspiemum2 Fri 29-Mar-13 09:22:47

I have a similar dilemma, I miscalculated and actually run out today not tomorrow so I have 2 whole days with no supply. Really pissed of with the company at the moment as I ordered in plenty of time.

So I need to go on the website and figure out what I can have but I would rather stick to mrp. Think I'll try and be good tomorrow, have Sunday off and be back on it Monday. Not the end of the world, just annoying.

catinboots Fri 29-Mar-13 13:24:13

Can you just calculate 4 small meals with similar calorie and carb content?

Not ideal i know....

Batchelors slim a soup is low in carbs and calories

Not really because VLCD programmes are fortified with 100% of all the vitamins and minerals you need.

catinboots Fri 29-Mar-13 15:23:52

But surely it'd be okay for 2 days until she gets her delivery?

Rosduk Fri 29-Mar-13 16:24:39

You can buy single packet meals in boots- shakes and stuff but not sure which diet they are for. Might be worth getting them if you have a boots nearby and it's just 2 days...

Aspiemum2 Fri 29-Mar-13 16:31:32

It would probably be fine cat, my willpower might go out the window with all the fine Easter food I have in for my brood though wink
I don't have a boots near me as I live in the arsehole of nowhere!
All my shopping is done via Internet as we have no shops left, our nearest town is full of charity shops, pawnbrokers and betting shops!

sorry missed that it was for 2 days!

TisILeclerc Thu 04-Apr-13 10:38:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

milkybarsrus Thu 04-Apr-13 12:15:47

A word of encouragement for TisLeclerc, I have just finished my first week of Slim n Save and have lost 71b! It makes such a differance and gives a real boost to stick with it when you lose at a fast rate. good luck.

I'm starting Slim & Save again on Sunday...I did it last year and lost 3st really quickly, unfortunately my stress fuelled comfort eating came back with a vengeance sad. Anyway. Fresh new start time!

milkybarsrus Thu 04-Apr-13 12:22:02

A word of encouragement for TisLeclerc, I have just finished my first week of Slim n Save and have lost 71b! It makes such a differance and gives a real boost to stick with it when you lose at a fast rate. good luck.

tumbletumble Thu 04-Apr-13 12:42:53

Hi all

I would like to start a VLCD. Any tips on which one to choose? It seems to be between LL, Cambridge, Slim & Save and Extante.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

TisILeclerc Thu 04-Apr-13 13:16:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

This thread is not accepting new messages.