VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

blibblibs Tue 25-Jun-13 17:26:45

Enjoy Cheeky grin My friend is off there tonight too.

MyJellybean Tue 25-Jun-13 20:11:46

I am a daily weigher also and was so cross that I spent whole week without losing but when I went to weigh in at weekly spot I'd lost 2lb.

Tried S&S chilli tonight, I am finding diet a lot easier with the evening meal as they are tasty and very thick compared to my Exante carbonara.

sammac Tue 25-Jun-13 21:33:51

Enjoy Robbie, the toilets at Hampden are best avoided if possible and in the break they're queued out! Survived an impromptu bbq tonite with work girls. Oh the drinks were flowing and my coffee cup was kept filled up. Enjoyed my evening and I won't be suffering the last day of term tomorrow. Too much to do anyway.

My scales this morning were down to 13.12 and feeling much better for going away. But still on the journey, no specific weight in mind yet, each stone at a time.

Remember that peppermint tea seems to help.

Is anyone around to hit me with a large and preferably pointy stick?

I have lost 5 pounds this week, bringing me to the magic 3 stone. I am 13.13

And unaccountably disappointed that it wasn't 6 pounds.

Stupid stupid brain! Why can't you be dancing round the kitchen in delight? Why do you have to sit there and feel sad that it wasn't six?

maggie666 Wed 26-Jun-13 08:46:53

Ok scone.... here is the pointy end of a stick. !!! What an amazing 5lbs you've lost. Got to the 3 stone Mark and into the 13's. You will have lost that extra pound in a day or two. Right I want you to get up and do a silly dance in your kitchen and shout out "I lost 5lb woo hoo" I guarantee it will make you smile! !! Motivational speech is done.
I had a little slip last night. Had a grilled gammon steak(fat rremoved) ooh it felt nice to eat. Didn't have my last shake of the day to make up for my misdemeanour! I am on it this morning.
Well done with the losses everyone!

blibblibs Wed 26-Jun-13 13:28:52

Scone I hope maggie's pointy stick did the trick and you've had a wee dance in your kitchen. If not I'm shaking mine at you too, 5lb is a great loss and in the 13 too and if that wasn't enough 3 stone off. That's bloody brilliant smile

Sammac great willpower, I have a night out on Saturday, been planned for a while and can't get out of it but I'm dreading it.

Can I have peppermint tea? I drink it normally but was told to stay off it for at least the first two weeks, but it would make a nice change from water.

sammac Wed 26-Jun-13 17:40:06

Well done scone, 3 stones is 42 lbs!!!!!!! But I know how you feel- I wanted another lb to make it 50- this week we'll both get that wee sneaky one.

Bibbs, you can drink leaf tea, but not fruit or flower. I really think the peppermint helps with loss.

On your night out, have a plan of action. Can you have your food beforehand and take a bar to nibble on? I bought a big bottle of fizzy water for myself and stayed out of rounds, so not to be tempted. Think of what you've done so far- do you want to go back a couple of steps.

MyJellybean Wed 26-Jun-13 17:59:42

First taste of S&S mild curry, added some mushrooms and cauliflower rice and it was great. Definitely gonna put in an order for these meals.

smokinaces Thu 27-Jun-13 07:01:21

Oooh might try peppermint tea

Only two pounds this week. Bang on 67kg/147lb so 9lb in two weeks. Bit disappointed but second week is usually lower.

<daubs big Red Cross on thread> I am dying. Well not dying. But very Ill and poorly sick. My throat feels like there is someone living in it. Setting up camp in a bell tent perhaps. It certainly feels like tent pegs anyway.

I took some paracetamol last night and immediately noticed how sweet they tasted. Which is weird.

And and and and I put on a pound! I didn't eat anything different and actually drank about 6 litres of water yesterday. <cries and throws self dramatically on sofa>

bbpants Thu 27-Jun-13 10:23:11

Hello everybody - I've been missing in action, but have been ultra, ULTRA strict this week in an attempt to undo my disastrous weekend. May manage a 'stay the same' tomorrow, but who knows. My own fault.

It sounds as if everybody is doing really well - you are all inspirational!

Scone - being poorly plays havoc with your body - it will be concentrating on fighting infection and is probably hanging on to every tiny ounce of water!

Cheeky - am most envy of you seeing Robbie - was it good?

Cheekybubbles Thu 27-Jun-13 20:19:58

Evening all smile

Sam well done for surviving a BBQ! I'm mostly secretly cambridgeing cause I can't be bothered fielding all the questions and disapproving looks! But I also don't think my willpower would cope with a BBQ!

Scone 5lbs is incredible! And you've lost 3 stone! That is amazing! How are you feeling now? I bet your body is clinging to the water just now it'll come off soon.

Smokin well done on the loss! grin

Bb good luck for tomorrow's weigh in.

Robbie was fab, he's still got it! ;) thankfully only had to pee once (yucky toilets) but had a bit of headache on way home from lack of water. I'm totally shattered at the mo, DH is nightshift and that always makes me tired but it's sooooo hard to stick to this when your tired. I just want mac n cheese and some chocolate!!! Argh!

Not been v.good today sad drunk loads of coke zero sad and found the bars where the dc had stashed them. Damage = 3 sad but spaced out so hopefully not as bad this time. Sigh. I have been eyeing up food all evening, and have just stolen a piece of chicken leftover from the dc's dinner.

I really want to go to bed, but too many animals to look after, so I will just have to resist.

God, that post was so full of self pity I am ashamed of myself.

bbpants Thu 27-Jun-13 20:51:47

Scone mate - don't be ashamed, and it didn't come across as self pitying. You have done so well, and we all have blips. It sounds like you're managing it well - just go to bed as soon as you can, and start afresh tomorrow.

Cheekybubbles Thu 27-Jun-13 20:57:38

Scone don't be silly! Your not feeling well and this diet is so hard at the best of times.

Scratch today off, get to bed as soon as you can and tomorrow is a new day. smile

The only reason I haven't caved tonight is there is no food in my house other than rice cakes and purees for DD!

bbpants Fri 28-Jun-13 10:16:54

Ah you see, on a bad day, I'd be after those rice cakes!

Well, stayed the same today, which is the best I deserved.

But I've looked back at my chart of losses (yes, I'm THAT sad, I have have a lovely excel spreadsheet!) and the last few weeks since half term I've lost a massive 4lbs in total. Which is RUBBISH on this diet - it really shows how my head has not been in the right place. I'm spending each week trying to undo the damage from the weekend.

It's now only three weeks until my self-inflicted end of VLCD for this block of dieting, and I stand no chance of meeting my goal. The only person I can blame is myself.

However, as of this morning, I am picking myself up, dusting myself down, and revising my goal. I was hoping to get to 5 stone off by 19 July. Not going to happen now. So the revised goal is 4.5 stone off. I've only got 4lbs to go to get there - imminently doable, and if I reach it in two weeks, I might spend the final week before the summer hols doing a refeed (rather than doing that in the first week of the hols).

Come on ladies - WE CAN DO THIS. grin

I still think you are an inspiration bb. It does show the difference getting your head in the right place makes.

Meanwhile, I still have the plague, and I am now nursing a poorly chicken that also has a cold. She doesn't seem impressed by Homes Under The Hammer grin

bbpants Fri 28-Jun-13 15:04:39

Scone- I hope your chicken is rallying and more impressed by Escape to the Country!!

Hmm. Another 2 pounds on. I don't really know what the buggering crap is going on. I have had more calories, but not enough carbs to take me out of ketosis. Still poorly. sad

amandaxmx Sat 29-Jun-13 12:18:03

My breath is properly stinking! Does this mean I'm in ketosis ?? hmm

Hope so! What day are you up to?

amandaxmx Sat 29-Jun-13 14:05:14

I started Tuesday afternoon after meeting my CDC at 1 so technically fifth day?

Sounds just about perfect then! How are you finding it all so far?

amandaxmx Sat 29-Jun-13 14:21:46

I hope it is then! I'm struggling a bit today for the first time as I've nothing to do! Keep thinking I want to quit and go get pizza/burgers ect ect! I won't though. I've sat with the family while they've had take aways and been ok. How long have you been doing it for? If u don't mind me asking? smile

Not at all! Started April 17th at 16st 13. If you ignore the poorly aberration I have lost 3 stone. Which is fab and half way there nearly! Being busy definitely helps... Off to mow the lawn now!

This thread is not accepting new messages.