VLCD, Lighter Life, Cambridge Diet, etc

(1000 Posts)
Mudwiggle Tue 12-Mar-13 12:09:23

Hi All

Wanted to see if anyone is doing one of these or thinking about it. (If there's already an active thread, I missed it).

I have done LL before, lost three stone in 10 weeks and maintained wonderfully until DC's. Eldest is now four and a half and I think I have probably tried everything going, you name it, I've tried it (Paul McKenna, Paleo, 5:2, Dukan, Weight Watchers, etc).

I know that this works for me, although I understand other peoples objections.
I get paid on Friday and will be contacting a CDC to start on Monday. By the time DS1 is five in June, I intend to be pre DC weight again! grin

Anyone up for it? Or can give me some support or advice? TIA.

Right, here's an idea then wowser: why not 'normal' low carb to get into ketosis (still headaches but no sickness that I remember) and then switch into the packs? That way you might find it easier.

thinkfast Sun 12-May-13 09:16:31

Well done sammac!

wowserz i ate yesterday too hmm one meal but not a healthy one. However decided I'm back on track today. Not completely sure if this diet is for me though. Might switch to skimmers world or something because I can see myself having a huge binge on this one....

thinkfast Sun 12-May-13 09:38:39

Ps wowserz why were you up so late?

Wowserz129 Sun 12-May-13 11:50:43

I was up with Dc thinkfast! He's 16 months but still wakes up often during the night. One day I will get a full night sleep again hmm.

I just don't know why I do it, everyone says the first few days is the hardest but I get to day 4/5 whatever and then I just get fed up and eat! The minute after I feel really guilty and annoyed that I have ate. Maybe I just ain't cut out for a VLCD.

I might try low carbing thanks scone. I don't know much about what kind of things you can eat. Particularly lunch and breakfast? I don't want to have soup and eggs everyday!

I wasn't a veggie low carber, so I am probably not much help. Why not have a look for the low carb boot camp threads on here, there are bound to be some good ideas!

P.s I low carved for three years and never had soup. Soup can fuck off as far as I am concerned, I really really don't like it!

thinkfast Sun 12-May-13 13:42:47

Woserz I may join you on something else. Took ds to the park today. Could only walk at a snails pace and feel very faint. I am veggie too (although I eat fish) thinking about low carb or slimmers world although the results won't be so fast

Pollydon Sun 12-May-13 13:46:58

Very late joining thread, apologies, but I have lost 3st 4 lb on Cambridge and am currently moving through the steps ( step 3 ) to maintenance.

sammac Sun 12-May-13 17:20:45

Welcome Pollydon and well done for your tremendous loss so far. It's the maintenance stage that scares me. Like many others, I've been here before, but put it back on again and have to go through the whole process again. This time I'm determined that THIS IS IT!!!!!

Woserz and thinkfast, hopefully you will find a way that suits you - but we're still here with you. If you can get through the first few days, it honestly gets easier - still hard, but the hunger disappears (mostly). I've decided to do it for 100 days and see how I feel and where I am with it, and I'm heading towards the halfway point. God knows if I'd been doing WW or something I'd be nowhere near where I am now with loss, and would have given up or splurged. I have zero willpower which is why I'm on this all over again and if I can get there, anyone can. xx

What an amazing loss Polly! How are you feeling about maintenance?

I was having a quick shufty at the 5:2 diet this afternoon as a potential maintenance programme, but it's a bit previous really!

Still no TOTM. <drums fingers> and so I haven't lost much this week. My jeans definitely feel looser though, but I know that I need to lose at least a stone before I can drop another dress size.

thinkfast Sun 12-May-13 19:32:02

Polly that's great! How long did it take you?

bbpants Mon 13-May-13 08:50:20

Welcome Polly - good luck with the maintenance.

Despite being good over the weekend, my pre-menstrual state has led to weight on at the weekend, instead of off. I'm hoping now for a whoosh of weight to come off before Friday!

Thinkfast and Wowserz - how are you both this morning?

Come on bastard TOTM. I ate 6 packs yesterday - a hunger which just could not be filled. And I had some prawns!

Right. I am going to schlep a load of stuff into the loft. And possibly bang things together noisily.

thepatioislumpy Mon 13-May-13 09:23:51

Hey all. I fell off the wagon a bit blush

However, I'm back and determined to get my mojo back a la week 1 where I was positively saintly. The good news is that I am still 8lbs down on my starting weight.

Bizarrely I'm looking forward to this week. I found I didn't have many withdrawal symptoms last time so hoping for that again, and it was a lovely feeling to be less bloated and so in control of my eating.

Re the bloated feeling, this w/e I had pasta and bread. The pasta was ok, but the bread left me very bloated and also has confirmed what I have long thought - that bread (particularly white) gives me hideous acid heartburn. So when I do reintroduce carbs I'm going to try wholemeal to see if that has a similar or better effect.

Good luck to all this week. I'll be here a lot because I'll need you all to see me through!

bbpants Mon 13-May-13 09:33:47

Welcome back Patio - we will be here, don't worry!

Scone - many sympathies - my period has been threatening to arrive all weekend, and fingers crossed it's finally started. I'm ALWAYS to be found with my head in the cupboards looking for things to eat for two days before I start - why do hormones do that??

milkybarsrus Mon 13-May-13 10:54:06

Morning all, have been out of touch as been trying to support my poor brother and his wife through hell, my poor niece has been sectioned and is in a mental hospital and keeps (almost succeeded this time) to commit suicide. Back to what this thread is about....... Have lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks grin which despite not being massive loss, I am slowly but surely going in the right direction. I actually find the diet quite easy, as when I do (rarely) go off plan, I know I will go back on it the very next meal. So though it's not the way I should do things, its working for me right now. Have been tea total too, which is a first. Even managed a cinema trip with no popcorn or sweets, just a coke zero which I sneaked in. Keep going everyone, we can do this.

bbpants Mon 13-May-13 11:33:59

milkybars - that's great. And it sounds as if you've really made the diet work round your life, which I think is one of the biggest steps.

bbpants Mon 13-May-13 11:34:45

And I'm so sorry about the troubles your family are going through.

thepatioislumpy Mon 13-May-13 12:13:45

Me too milkybars. My troubles aren't as bad but they are pretty high on the list of most stressful things and it is so hard to keep food as a physical and not an emotional thing, especially when I've been so used to comforting/rewarding/medicating/numbing with food for so long - years and years.

I'm feeling very good about it today though. Been busy this morning and so just having my cheesy pasta with 100g of broccoli before carrying on. Remembering to drink loads too. And eat slowly. And use a teaspoon.

milkybarsrus Mon 13-May-13 14:26:37

thanks bb and patio, I think I'm going to eat my meals with a teaspoon, as sometimes I am finished before the family have finished putting salt and pepper on their dinner blush.

thinkfast Mon 13-May-13 15:59:13

Hello all. Yes I am also eating meals with a teaspoon and a small bowl to give the illusion of a bigger meal (because the bowl is fuller).
Have my first LL meeting this evening

Fell off the wagon over the weekend - but not a massive blowout and back on it this morning. Thinking what I might do is stick to this during the week but on Saturday and Sunday nights might have a small healthy dinner or I don't think I will be able to stick to it

Can tell I've lost some weight as I could do up my work trousers easily this morning (last week they were bulging at the seams). Also my boss asked me if I'd done something different with my hair or makeup this morning and said I was looking very well. Haha! No change so it must just be my lovely slimmer face!

Kimm2013 Mon 13-May-13 17:47:17

Hello everyone!!
Need advice! Please!! So, I have done my 1st week on Cambridge diet. I am 13stone 6lbs.. Getting weighted tomorrow. But I have been on plan. But would like to know, what if I did 2 shakes and a meal??? And gym 3 times a week for 3min exercise. 10 min weights??? Am a mum off two children.. Trying to get rid off baby weight.. So fed up!!! But I have been feeling lighter!! This weeksmile xxx

Kimm2013 Mon 13-May-13 17:47:53

30min

milkybarsrus Mon 13-May-13 17:52:04

Hi Kimm, I reckon your in for a lovely surprise when you weigh in this week! I know that you're supposed to have loads of energy when in ketosis, but I don't, so am very impressed with all that exercise kimm, Well done.

milkybarsrus Mon 13-May-13 17:52:43

Hi Kimm, I reckon your in for a lovely surprise when you weigh in this week! I know that you're supposed to have loads of energy when in ketosis, but I don't, so am very impressed with all that exercise kimm, Well done.

This thread is not accepting new messages.