Week 10 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - The End is Nigh!

(449 Posts)
BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 07:58:55

So we start our final week!

Here is the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

We will have one last weigh-in next Monday.

Hope you all have a good week!

sybilfaulty Mon 11-Mar-13 10:22:38

Oh and it's Masterchef again tomorrow. I'm out but will have recording set. I love Masterchef. Will anyone else be watching?

I love being on a thread with people who love food. When I did Dukan a few years ago, the thread was a little depressing (though the woman on it were lovely). THere is only so excited one can get about oatbran and muller light yoghurt....

slummy you have mail smile

teaandthorazine Mon 11-Mar-13 10:23:54

I tend to mash the cauli and then give it another few minutes on the heat to reduce some of the water - it is very 'wet' otherwise! Then I add the butter/cheese etc. Seems to help a bit.

carbalanche Mon 11-Mar-13 10:26:50

Very sorry Claire - concentrate on taking care of yourself like the others have said.

Well after a brilliant first 4 weeks followed by a disastrous 4 weeks, I have managed to claw myself back from the precipice and lost a stonking 8 pounds last week!! Can't believe it. This has really restored my faith in this WOE. It took me 3 weeks to gain 7.5 pounds and a week, ONE WEEK to lose it again and more.

I absolutely know the reasoning behind all of this and I know why I let myself spiral out-of-control in those 3 weeks - there was a lot going on emotionally, there was illness in the family, a couple of weeks of 24/7 childcare with no support and a trip to A&E for one of my kids thrown in for good measure. I turned to all the crutches I use to get me through and feel better (white bread, pastry, chocolate, crisps and wine) I loved every minute at the time but look where it got me and if I had continued then I would be back to square one.

So, looking forward to keeping a tight rein this week (so it's not just a fluke!) and then I will continue to enter on the spreadsheet over the coming weeks. I am 12st 7.5 today and I need to be 10st 9 by the middle of June.

Well done to everyone else and if you've gained, take heart from my experience, don't give up! smile

Iamaslummymummy Mon 11-Mar-13 10:27:13

Thank you!

prettybird Mon 11-Mar-13 10:29:52

You could also try blitzing an egg into the cauli mash (I usually microwave the cauliflower), plus some cream or sour cream (adapted from the IPD book) to top a shepherd's pie base.

I describe what I do somewhere on the recipe thread.

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 10:31:58

Thanks for that tip regarding the cauliflower mash tea as I do indeed find it a bit soggy.

Just returned from DS's school where I helped them make chocolate cornflake cakes with red tops on for Red Nose Day....the smell of melted chocolate and syrup mmmm.....and I resisted. Now eating a piece of cheese which doesn't quite cut it in the same way.

Okay confession time as I feel safe with you all here. I have had a lifelong binge eating disorder.....and for the first time ever I am in control if what I am eating. I no longer have cravings (well I do but they are not strong) I feel full between meals and actively don't want to eat. I haven't had a bag if crisps for 16 days now......that is a record for me. I just can't eat them.....one bag leads to several.

For the first time I feel normal about food and it's great.

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 10:33:34

....and meant to add a welcome to Clare and to say sorry about your loss. I had a m/c before DS was born and felt up to nothing afterwards for a long time.

SwitchedtoEatingCheese Mon 11-Mar-13 11:01:21

Half pound on this morning as a result of far to much wine and then beers on Saturday night.
Was worth it though, being super strict this week - 3lbs off would make it a stone off.

Ilisten2theradio Mon 11-Mar-13 11:08:46

Clare sorry for your loss.
Jake, your determination is impressive.
I have lost again this week so the slow downward trend continues and I am happy with that. I have now lost 18 lb and need to loose another 8 to not be officially overweight. I am determined to get there though.

Thanks for all the kind words thanks

Bacon and eggs for breakfast and have treated myself to a pricy salad from the posh deli for today, will be back on the homemade from tomorrow!

timidviper Mon 11-Mar-13 11:18:33

Jake Well done for admitting it, that's the first step to winning!
I think there's quite a few of us here have battled with the ABC of eating (Anorexia, Bulimia, Compulsive eating) and I think if you are overweight there is even less sympathy or help out there, although having watched a friend recently battling to get help for her anorexic daughter with a BMI of 13 I suspect the whole area is poor. Speaking personally I find that not living my life thinking about what have I just eaten and what am I going to eat next is real freedom!

Iamaslummymummy Mon 11-Mar-13 11:24:08

Stupid question. Does the alcohol burn off if you cook with it meaning that you doing have to count the carbs? I was thinking of making beef in ale stew or beef in Guinness?

herecomesthsun Mon 11-Mar-13 11:29:17

Hello again, I seem to have fallen off the spread sheet, I lost 11lb and have been hovering around 79-80kg since. I am very happy to be here though!

I had a lovely Mother's Day and had DS age 4 feeding me bits of cornflake cake (that he had made) in bed for breakfast, so it was hard to resist. I then went to church and got given posies and ended up having some shortbread. DH took me out for brunch (while DS went to a birthday party and DD slept in her buggy). He was wonderful and erm disposed of all my carbs; we shared some passionfruit creme brulee and mango sorbet, one pudding, 2 spoons. He had all the brulee, I just had a couple of spoons of sorbet and creme. So quite a naughty but a very happy day.

I had my blood sugars checked last week and they came back as 4.9 after lunch which is great. I am at risk of diabetes and am definitely planning to continue this long term.

I'm not sure how to play it re the processed meat issue. One consultant I saw for gestational diabetes suggested chicken salad for breakfast. Roasted cold chicken is actually a great fridge staple, and often you get 2 chickens for £8 type offers at Waitrose. It would actually be easier than a fry up in the morning. Plus mayonnaise perhaps?

Many thanks to BIWI and Willie for all their input by the way!

BIWI Mon 11-Mar-13 11:29:28

The alcohol burns off, but the carbs will still be present.

prettybird Mon 11-Mar-13 12:03:55

Yaaaaay!! 3lb off this morning, so that is 27lb in total since we started Boot Camp! smilesmile

And I'm now wearing my Size 12 jeans comfortably! ok, they are pre-stretched from previous weight gain

Wasn't expecting such a good result, as I gave myself a Mother's Day treat yesterday of a chocolate chip cookie (my first from four double batches that I'd made for various cake stalls and a meeting that dh was hosting), two small pieces of tablet (again, had made 3 batches and only had a couple of half pieces to test texture) and then culminated in sharing my large bar of South African peppermint crisp that my dad had brought back last October with ds (who had been desparate for me to open it there is still another one waiting to be eaten blush

The lovely bottle of South African pink bubbly that I shared with dh pales into insignificance alongside these transgressions. wink

I've put myself back on to full Boot Camp for a few days to ensure I don't lose my momentum. smile

BlackAffronted Mon 11-Mar-13 12:08:17

sad hey all, I'm so sick sad spent the night in the bathroom as it was so bad. feeling very weak and shakey today. any advice on how not to fall into a pile of toast? that's my usual 'first food'. I can't face anything with flavour. actually, I can't face anything at all but I'm just thinking ahead.

timid, when I'm feeling better ill be back and will share what I'm doing re leptin resistence. byt basically, I am following those rules I posted. apparentky, anyone who can look in the mirror and see someone overweight then you are almost certain to be leptin resistent.

well done to all the losers!

sybil, I love masterchef! ill be watching.

Still away from the scales, so have put myself as STS (again) on the spreadsheet. I've run out of bacon (eek!) so am thinking of having some cold leftover roast lamb for breakfast (yes, a very late breakfast, also known as lunch!), maybe with a couple of grilled aubergine slices. A proper chicken curry (made with pre-home-made base sauce and loads of fiddly spices) for dinner tonight - with lettuce, probably (works as a vehicle for the sauce). Probably a vindaloo.

Still off the ciggies, still on the e-cigs, still enjoying the various chocolate/custard/honey flavour juices! I think DH and I are off out with the cameras today - no snow here in the west of Ireland but lots of sunshine, even though it's freezing, and the wind is bitter. I have an infra red filter I want to try - this is the perfect weather for it.

timidviper Mon 11-Mar-13 12:33:57

Hope you feel better soon Black, Have you got any chicken in that you could make a clear chicken soup with? It is not known as jewish penicillin for nothing!

halfthesize Mon 11-Mar-13 12:47:22

sorry to hear about your loss Clare thanks

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 13:22:50

OMG help me .....I am going insane for ......something......but I dot know what. Have had lunch and have eaten well and drunk loads of water. Now I want.......something.....I do t think I am hungry......but I might be.

I want....sweet.....something.

Just making a batch of the Parmesan shortbread and will make a liquorice tea as well to see if I can quell it. Bloody nightmare.

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 13:27:18

It's at times like this that the zero carb Pepsi Max would be handy but I won't do it as I am finally ......clean lol.

Sipping fizzy water and waiting for the Parmesan shortbread......yummy and might satisfy my cravings for .....something,

barleywood Mon 11-Mar-13 13:28:24

Jake...hope the parmesan shortbread satisfies your immediate craving. It certainly tastes good enough.

No point in encouraging you to distract yourself. I'm sure you know all the tricks.

Trouble is your body has probably learned a few tricks of its own.

JakeBullet Mon 11-Mar-13 13:32:12

Have hoovered, read Briffa and tidied up all Lego, even played music but it's no good. S the shortbread will help.....as long as I don't eat it all.

barleywood Mon 11-Mar-13 13:33:56

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now