Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06

Oh. It seems I'm all alone <goes off to new thread>

DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 17:41:39
Shewhojuggles Mon 29-Apr-13 15:41:57

Tea would it be un-Chief like to ask for pissing tips? I'm getting weighed later and didnt lose an ounce last week so i need all the help i can get! smile I've taken to removing layers of clothing <decency permitting> shoes, watch etc. People at the gym look at me like i'm a loon!

Said jam tarts can be found on my MFP profile pic. Have had to hide them from myself today while fasting...

Lizzylou Mon 29-Apr-13 14:28:43

Good luck Tea smile
Randall it is very cold and windy here, hopefully a blast of fresh air and a well wrapped up walk will help you.
Ds2 is amusing himself. Good job too as I seem to be doing more work than normal in any event. I think I don't like my job actually.
Some days it is fab, but at the moment it is getting me down.

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 14:23:20

All fingers and toes crossed for the job!

DS is being so good bless him. Except if I lie down and attempt a nap he says "aww, sleeps" and pokes me in the eye.

Think I'll go for a walk to buy the drugs. If the fresh air doesn't help I'll try some self-pitying sobs.

[well 'ard face]

I just arfed being congratulated for my gigantic piss! I do feel it has been my greatest chiefing achievement. Who knew I could do a 2lb piss? Tis such a shame that Norris McWhirter is no longer assisting with record breakers I feel my calling calling.

Oh Juggles I love jam tarts. Make me feel proper at home.

I do have swishy hair now but unfortunately grown up has been called away to do grown up things in a grown up way so interview has been postponed. I'm the last standing candidate, and they're just checking to see if I'm a good cultural fit (!!??) bet I don't get it anyway and it very frustrating as they're moving quite slowly. should have coloured my hair pink

It's only my hair that got compared to HRHTheLovelyKate - though interestingly only when I haven't brushed it which is embarrassingly frequently I actually think I look more like HRHTheDrinkSoddenMargaretSadlyAfterTheMustiqueYears

I'm sorry for all the DSs being ill and for the cup of woe running over Randall. Dr Tea prescribes a nose clip for Lizzy and ear plugs for Randall and piriton for any small child making too much noise.

Shewhojuggles Mon 29-Apr-13 13:09:39

<sends emergency food biscuit parcel > grin

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 13:03:55

Oh em gee, they would definitely help!

Shewhojuggles Mon 29-Apr-13 13:03:13

I have some Great British Bake off-esque Aztec cookies and some jam tarts Randall - would they help! biscuit

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 12:47:01

If you have any left over baked goods I'm willing to bet they'd make me feel better!

DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 12:45:20

Sorry about your cup of woe Randall. Hoping some miracle turns it into a nice cup of tea. Am trying to drink lots of water today and consequently spending most of the day on the loo. Every time I get up the rabbits get all excited and think I'm going to feed them some kind of green delicacy, and are destined for disappointment once again.
We had better have a new thread. Shall I start one?

Shewhojuggles Mon 29-Apr-13 12:43:10

Another penitent Randaller here chiefs. Spent all day yesterday baking and eating, bagels, biscuits and bread. My poor tummy is not used to that much food so I'm actually quite enjoying today's fast. I've never managed to get past lunchtime without feeling dizzy and having a very low cal soup but today i dont feel like it at all. I think my favourite thing about this diet is that i know i can enjoy a naughty day like yesterday and can control the impact on my weight by fasting and exercising on other days. I don't feel guilty about it.

Tea good luck for your interview tomorrow, hope your swishy new hair impresses the grown up grin

Get well soon Randall flowers

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 12:35:16

Eww, that is the smell of satan, you have my pity sad

Poor DS, he's in a right chipper mood but dear god it's so loud, I keep having to put my hands over my ears because its making my whole head ring. Even my eyes hurt.

And and and, I came on yesterday so today is ridiculously heavy day.

My cup of woe runneth over.

Lizzylou Mon 29-Apr-13 12:16:18

Get well soon Randall thanks
One whiff of my Ds2 would sort your sinuses. Whole house stinks of that rotten egg tummy bug stench.
Bleurgh.
Helping my fast though, still nil by mouth grin

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 29-Apr-13 12:01:06

The swimmathon sounds fab,

Very envy of the Randalling and being compared to HRHTheLovelyKate. When I started chiefing I looked like I'd eaten HRHTheLovelyKate. (Soz about the runners trots but kudos on the gigantic piss)

I feel like absolute shite. DS and I have both had yet another return of the boomerang cold and mine has now decided that my sinuses are where it's at. My whole face hurts angry Even my ears and teeth are throbbing.

I'm off to buy some kick ass drugs!

Lizzylou Mon 29-Apr-13 11:27:07

Tea, you are bonkers grin
I would love to be compared to Kate M and also to have too much hair. Mine is so fine and crappy.
Double/Tea the Swimathon is fab. It is for Marie Curie, first year (about 4/5 yrs ago now) I did the 2.5km solo which was a huge challenge for me at the time. Since then we've done 5km every year as a family , with varying levels of help from the boys grin
Dh told Ds1 he could choose where we went out to eat if he swam 50 lengths, good boy swam that and more and chose a lovely place. Ds2 swam 20+ lengths. Was fortunate as I was a tad delicate from my night out blush so needed the help this year!

grin

It's big and crazy though Double and now I've got a smaller face I look like a needle in a badly groomed haystack. I am vair bored of being compared to Kate M too - I've got long dark hair. I want people to think my style icons are more adventurous. I'd love to dye it pink but as I am meeting a grown up tomorrow to see whether I'm suitable to work in a very staid organisation I shall have a shoulder length bob. I hate having my hair done <grumps off to hairdressers>

DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 10:40:24

OK it's one thing having a poo before you weigh Tea but cutting off your hair sounds a bit extreme. What's next, a finger or two?! I reckon I'd lose a stone without my boobs.

SDP ooooo - a 40th birthday - exciting. And a night down in the city. Vair exciting and glam.

Lizzy I am really, really impressed with your improvements on the park run. As I'm learning, it's really hard to pick up the times so I am deeply impressed that you're making such good progress. And what I great idea swimming as a family in a challenge like that. Love that the boys are stepping up to take some of the burden <wonders whether the same could be applied to her own small boys and the weekly mountain of washing>

Darkly do it as you fancy basically, any 24 hours, any day. Basically what they say in the book is it is flexible and fits with you. So could do 2pm to 2pm one day or one proper day. You can go longer. You can go shorter.

Mmmmm bread and cheese.

Ello Geek and well done on your weight. That's a real achievement and such a milestone <waves pom poms>

I spent 9 hours standing by the side of a rugby pitch this weekend watching the oldest three so I've just about warmed up this morning. Saturday was a fest of Randallness when I ate a calorie laden Wagamama's dish and had wine which was lovely. Yesterday was more restrained (boooooo).

Ran back from the location of the festival on the second day so just about managed a 10k before next week (eek). No improvement in either time or ability not to need a crap whilst running. I had been hoping to push up to 8 miles but had to walk the last mile and a half home as there were no toilets. I'm starting to think I might need to run four miles before the 10k to try and prevent a Paul Radcliffe on race day <sigh>

Incidentally, I did a 2lb wee this weekend. And a 1lb poo grin

Double took me two weeks after Easter to get my stomach used to smaller sizes again. It's a bit of a pain in the arse really.

Fasting today for me and I'm going to cut off some of my hair to see whether I am lighter without the amorphous mass of craziness on my head. I want to exercise today because I won't be able to at the end of the week but I'm at a loss as to what to do.

DoubleMum Mon 29-Apr-13 10:06:34

Wow that swimathon sounds great Lizzy.

Lizzylou Mon 29-Apr-13 09:59:49

Darkly, I did 2 consecutive fast days last week. I read the book, well skimmed it really and they don't say not to fast 2 days on the bounce, just that they don't.
Glad you had a nice night Saturday, calories will all even out, no worries.
I am fasting today, good job really. Ds 2 is off ill with a stomach bug so am at home. He stinks of rotten egg sad so appetite is somewhat diminished grin
Not sure if I will be exercising, will see what I can do.
Did swimathon yesterday, for the first time boys did big chunk of the 218 lengths so it didn't really feel like a challenge for me and dh. Though boys were super proud of themselves.

DarklydreamingofDamon Mon 29-Apr-13 07:33:46

Thanks for all the kind words, chiefs. Trying to just not think about it and focus on future. Taking it pretty easy on the exercise front but will def have to rein in the eating a bit....

Was a bit naughty on Sat as had bread, wine and cheese round a friends - couldn't be bothered to work out all the calories to log accurately on mfp but safe to say I was over so put that down. But yesterday did lots of swimming with the kids so was under even with a roast and a few chocs, so not a bad day really. Fast day today, so will try to be v disciplined!

Are you supposed to do two consecutive days? I know there's loads of threads about it but spend enough time mucking about on MN so happy to take the word of any of you expert chiefs who are trying it!!

DoubleMum Sun 28-Apr-13 22:01:50

Bssh I would if it was daytime (and indeed tomorrow will be drinking lots of water on my new plan) but I don't want to just before bed or I'll be up half the night on the loo. I am Mrs Slackbladder. Will be OK, it's not too bad, and probably just reflecting that I've been eating too much for a few weeks and need to shrink my stomach again.

BsshBossh Sun 28-Apr-13 21:33:31

Double drink loads of water. It's a fasting strategy that really seems to help.

DoubleMum Sun 28-Apr-13 21:22:27

Hope you're feeling less slug-like now Bambie.
I am feeling a bit hungry TBH but am going to take myself off to bed and try to ignore it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now