Calling all Chiefs who Choose Their Hard

(978 Posts)
DoubleMum Fri 01-Mar-13 18:13:06
DoubleMum Sat 23-Mar-13 18:42:51

God I'd need hours ...

Lizzylou Sat 23-Mar-13 19:53:11

Nooo! It was what I did at that abs blaster class. How many sit ups you could do in 2mins. Then he had a chart from British military fitness or somesuch and it said how well you'd done for age and gender. But that is not just strength as it makes you out of breath. So cardio.
Oh and in the sit ups I was whipped by my partner, who is a very elegant slender lady of almost 50. She also had to hold my feet when it was my turn and I had not shaved my legs. Shame.

BsshBossh Sat 23-Mar-13 20:01:06

<faints at the thought of doing any kind of sit-up>

After an over-indulgent Friday I've managed to completely rein it in today with just a bit of hot cross bun and small bites of DD's leftovers. So will have a normal dinner tonight - nut roast (I love them, even though I'm no longer a vegetarian) with a massive bowl of broccoli (an unusual but welcome craving today) followed by ice cream.

DH should be back tonight so lots of eating tomorrow, but that's fine as Monday is a fast day.

RandallPinkFloyd Sat 23-Mar-13 20:20:18

Tell her you're a rad-fem Lizzy, everyone knows the man haterz don't shave. wink That way you're liberated not slovenly!

Lizzylou Sat 23-Mar-13 20:43:42

Randall, she was most gracious. But may think I am a rad-fem yes!
Great restraint bssh. I am off to bed in mo as I could just eat all night.

kalidanger Sun 24-Mar-13 10:41:16

Oh golly, I love nut roast! It's always in a weird aisle in TNE supermarket though confused

I went out in the snow at 0830 yesterday to go swimming! Again! But today AF is here so using that as an excuse not to go on Monday sad And also think this AF might even be a Champix side-effect. Things are physically really all over the place here, due to Champix, even though I'm feeling so much more organised about everything. I think some of my food-monstering is screwed up rebellion and fuck you and your rules... or something. I might have a little think about counselling grin

Hope everyone is feeling good about what they are doing smile I am, I think, and I'm looking forward to Monday eve weigh in... I think confused

DoubleMum Sun 24-Mar-13 12:05:18

I love nut roast too, was a veggie for many years. My mum makes a scrummy nut roast.
DH having a bad anxiety day and it's driving me slowly up the wall. Will not eat until soup for lunch though.

BsshBossh Sun 24-Mar-13 14:36:55

This is the nut roast I ate. Not homemade, I'm afraid, but so delicious. I was vegetarian for 11 years and vegan for several of those years and still love my nut roasts and soya chunks!

Hope your day improves Double...

LillethTheCat Sun 24-Mar-13 20:40:12

Well Ive changed my goal on MFP to maintain my weight. While the weather carries on being cold and snowy Im going to try to not put any on. I was hoping that there would be a change this week, but it doesn't look like it anymore sad Once the weather is nicer I will be more up for running and more up for trying to lose weight. This winter is just dragging and I have no motivation right now to do anything.

RandallPinkFloyd Sun 24-Mar-13 20:54:36

Tbh Lilleth you'll probably still lose, maybe slowly but it will still probably come off. MFP is a right stingey bastard with its calorie goals.

Lizzylou Mon 25-Mar-13 09:23:35

UGH.
I have horrid period pains and sciatica down both thighs. Not feeling the love for Monday today, that is for sure.

Been OK on food, lots of exercise over weekend.

DoubleMum Mon 25-Mar-13 10:08:00

Sounds horrible Lizzy. Easy on the exercise today.

Tabbykat Mon 25-Mar-13 10:35:00

Well, another week, another attempt......going for a run later as with the foul weather last week didn't get as much done as I would have liked. Hope it gets warmer soon as so fed up with this.

DH had treacle tart for pudding last night. I was v restrained as tbh I don't even like it but this weather really makes me want lots of comfort food. And despite not having any am v bloated today as TOTM so my jeans are too tight across my tummy.....grr. Maybe a nice healthy cup of soup and a brisk run will improve my mood????

DoubleMum Mon 25-Mar-13 10:59:31

Worth a try Tabby!

LillethTheCat Mon 25-Mar-13 11:24:03

So far today I have burned off over 500 calories and not eaten as much as that. I had to take DD2 to the Doctors which is in a village 2 and half miles away. Due to the recent snow and the fact that it is down country lanes I decided that I would walk it. So there and back is 5 miles which is 500 cal's plus the point that I was pushing a push chair. I put it in MFP and it gave me 438 calories confused I obviously didn't say I walked fast enough, but I will leave it at that. Better to underestimate calories burned than over estimate. Plus I have to take her back on Wed so get to do it all again grin DH thinks I should drive, I think I should get my exercise.

I also weighed myself this morning to see how bad the weekend effected my weight and it stayed the same so Im pleased with that. Maybe I might be losing weight after all this week.

Hope you feel better soon Lizzy

Tabby I dont know how much more snow I can take either. I just want to get out running on a regular basis, but I think Im going to do 5 mile walk 3 times a week until the weather get's nice. Well done on the avoidance of Treacle Tart. Im the same in this weather with food (plus hot choc for me). Roll on Summer I say.

TheTigerDidntComeToTea Mon 25-Mar-13 15:03:18

Lizzy - poor you, hope you feel better soon.

Tabby - hope you're feeling brighter too, did you go for a run?

Lilleth - well done on your 5 miles! Have you tried Highlights hot choc? only 40 cals and the dark chocolate one is lovely.

Randall - How's your toddler? no longer non-sleeping and whiny I hope. Mine was like that up until yesterday, couldn't say anything to her or she'd burst into tears it was starting to get very wearing...

kali - well done on all the swimming & good luck tonight!

Bssh - that nut roast looks lovely.

Double - hope you, and dh, are ok?

Confession - I fell right off the wagon, haven't logged into mfp for days. Is the wagon still going round picking folk up? And any pep talks/telling offs to be had then bring 'em on. I definitely need them.

I am determined to be back on it today though, a fast day, so I've only had tea and coffee so far. Our office is freezing today, they obviously didn't have the heating on at all over the weekend, do you think that burns extra calories?!!

I had a lazy Sunday but had been out in the snow for hours on Saturday with the kids, walking, running from snowballs and building a snowduck (don't ask!) so hopefully not too much damage.

Roll on 5pm and home for home-made soup!

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 25-Mar-13 15:43:50

Thank you for asking Tiger, in all honesty he's a chore at the moment! Still not sleeping, still whining. It's a good job he's cute that's all I can say.

Poor Lizzy, hope it's short-lived.

Well done Lilleth, see? You will still lose!

Tabby don't worry about it, it'll just mean an even bigger loss next week !

Ridiculously impressed with any of you even contemplating running in this weather. I know we've had the worst of the snow here but I'm just chuffed I've managed to dig my car out for the first time since Thursday. It's fricking freezing out there.

Don't worry about the wagon, it got stuck in the snow, it's not going anywhere grin

DoubleMum Mon 25-Mar-13 17:09:48

Tiger quick, jump on the wagon, it's passing you!
We are fine, DH has anxiety disorder and panic attacks and it's a bad time at the moment. But we are fine.
Baby bunnies have been amusing me with their antics this morning <and distracting me from all the naughty food I want to eat>.
This week needs to be a use up food in the house week before we go on hols so I'm a bit vague on what I'll be cooking which is never good from a calorie point of view. I need to sit and work out a meal plan I think.

Tabbykat Mon 25-Mar-13 18:03:13

Plenty of room on the wagon Tiger, no need to fret! I did go for a run (or light jog, as the lady calls it on the soundtrack). Can't say I feel especially better, although have certainly worked off the biscuits I ate in a fit of despondency this afternoon. Have dreadful PMT this week, everything and everyone is just SO IRRITATING!!
Will feed kids then tackle all my work once they in bed. Have a midnight deadline so have told myself there is no watching Grimm until articles all done.....

RandallPinkFloyd Mon 25-Mar-13 18:48:16

Blimey Double I missed that, that sounds really hard on all of you. Well done for not taking solace in cake!

Well done on your light jog Tiger

kalidanger Mon 25-Mar-13 20:02:28

Put on 2lbs! Argh! angry This is normal, right? Argh!

DoubleMum Mon 25-Mar-13 20:12:20

Water, definitely. Are you in calorie deficit for the week?

BsshBossh Mon 25-Mar-13 20:16:48

Yes, my first thought was water too. Is TOM due, have you been eating a bit more salt, not drinking enough water, building muscle?

kalidanger Mon 25-Mar-13 20:34:32

I've been swimming twice only. Been over goal by an avg of ~250cals a day and am currently playing host to my monthly blessing. Also TMI am a bit constipated - no poo today, Champix related, I think hmm

Pfft.

kalidanger Mon 25-Mar-13 20:37:54

I've been drinking lots more water, too. Or rather piss-weak squash and effervescent vitamin c.

Soz, I shouldn't panic. I've only been doing this since mid-Feb! Need to chill grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now