Harcombe diet for vegetarians

(9 Posts)
gracelesslady Wed 27-Feb-13 17:35:46

Thanks folks. Have bought the book and it sounds pretty reasonable but for the caffeine..... Might it be wise to cut down over several years a few days before I start?? And I've only got about 10-14lbs to lose. I'd LOVE to lose most of it in 5 days!!!

GiraffesEatPineapples Tue 26-Feb-13 23:39:45

Good of summary of phase 2 OFS. You can also reduce caffine withdrawl by drinking green or white tea - i think they are allowed. Good luck, it is a diet that makes sense and not like low carb where you worry you are doing harm or will gain lots of weight back, i didnt get on with food combining stuff but have kept recipe book as some healthy meals in it.

ohforfoxsake Tue 26-Feb-13 23:30:57

The thing I loved about the Harcombe diet was that it dealt with my cravings in the first five days which made everything so much easier.

I did phase 1 for 10 days, lost 10 pounds and felt amazing. Even refused pudding, just didn't fancy it (that was a first!)

The book isn't very well written - I discovered it by magazine article which simplified it (if you google 'allaboutyou Harcombe diet' I think it will come up - it was in She magazine a few years ago. Sorry I can't link it on my phone).

Basically nothing refined, no wheat, no sugar, no fruit, don't eat carbs and protein in the same meal. Once the caffeine withdrawal has left you (day 3 ish and horrible) it's amazing. grin

GiraffesEatPineapples Tue 26-Feb-13 23:18:19

I'm a meat eater btw

GiraffesEatPineapples Tue 26-Feb-13 23:14:54

The recipe book is good btw

GiraffesEatPineapples Tue 26-Feb-13 23:14:16

Probably the most workable non calorie counting diet plan for vegetarians I think as low carb practically impossible. Another option is 5:2 but I think harcombe first with 5 2 to fall back on when if you get bored. Phase 1 sees amazing results phase 2 is a little boring but in a way easier for non meat eaters.

gracelesslady Tue 26-Feb-13 19:17:07

Thanks grin Glad it's working for you - did you have lots of weight to lose? Is it lots of hassle??! Xxx

ohforfoxsake Tue 26-Feb-13 07:17:59

Zoe Harcombe is a vegetarian herself so it shouldn't be a problem. I really like the diet, and it works. The recipe book is worth getting.

gracelesslady Tue 26-Feb-13 06:56:50

Talk to me about the harcombe diet: my brief exploration of it looks reasonable. I'm vegetarian. Is this a problem? Is it a faddy thing or will it actually rid me of the stone clinging to my belly???

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now