Week 8 - New Year Low Carb Bootcamp - We're Running Out Of Time!

(463 Posts)
BIWI Mon 25-Feb-13 08:31:45

The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness is here

Three weeks to go!

How are you all doing?

Anyone Ubercamping this week?

Good luck. Still time to shed almost half a stone if you really stick to your knitting! grin

BIWI Mon 04-Mar-13 07:49:52
Bessie123 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:18:19

Shit. I hope you get some more in.

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-13 23:15:39

Very little in the pipeline confused

But it's always like this ....

Bessie123 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:15:19

Hmm, locum work, not locus. Shut up, autocorrect.

Bessie123 Sun 03-Mar-13 23:14:06

biwi I am so sorry your work fell through. I hope you pick up more soon. Is there anything else in the pipeline?

I am going to sort my cv out tomorrow and look into locus work. I could do with something short term, I think it will be the only way I can work at all flexibly and I would quite like to see my children from time to time...

So, I have spent the weekend having a massive carby blowout. It was kind of planned, we went away for the weekend and it was not easy to avoid carbs and meat so I chose to avoid the meat and take the chance to eat toast, pizza, puddings etc. I have probably put all the weight I lost back on again BUT I don't feel well for having eaten all that wheat etc and I feel like I want to get back to my 'normal' way of eating - I miss it. So I think that is real progress. I definitely feel healthier and better in myself eating low carb, it has reinforced my overall commitment to this WOE (even if it is a strange way to find that out).

NellVarnish Sun 03-Mar-13 22:45:11

MyHead - yes it was yumptious but not as nice as I thought it would be. And I had bread and a hazelnut tart on Friday when I went out for lunch with a friend I'd not seen for a while. shock

BIWI - I did indeed chuck it out when I'd emptied it. If I could see the teeny blush emoticon on my feckin phone I'd be clicking it now.

But this is the line I'm drawing:

and tomorrow I will be checking in every day with my menus if that's ok like I did at the beginning just to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Thing is I felt SO much better when I was eating low carb - bags more energy. I was just being lazy and slipping back into bad habits.

Will have to go and have a read of the thread and see what you've all been up to.

Night night and thanks for the support! grin

timidviper Sun 03-Mar-13 22:24:32

BIWI It's frustrating when you keep getting derailed but for something as exciting as DCs birthdays, bugger it! Enjoy every moment of it then start again, think scenic!

I have a funeral on Thursday which is a good way from home, likely to be very long and followed by a carb-buffet so I may not be perfect but it is all part of life's rich pageant. Am pondering on the wisdom of following the hearse eating macadamia nuts grin

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-13 22:16:02

shock NellVarnish! What were you thinking! If I were you, I'd get rid of that jar of Nutella as soon as you can. Chuck it out!!!

MyHead - I'm all over the place at the moment. Both DC having significant birthdays - 21 and 18 - so various celebrations. And this keeps me just 'out of focus'. Yet, on the other hand, working very hard at the moment either going to the gym, seeing my trainer or doing my C25K. So all a bit mixed up for me!

I will get on the scales tomorrow morning, and will then be back on track properly after Tuesday (DS2's 18th).

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Sun 03-Mar-13 22:09:40

Prettybird grin Well done my lovely! How is DH doing?

BIWI - I'm better with <hugs> than sticks! Just do your best - you are maintaining, live with that for now. How are you actually feeling eating a bit off plan? Are you still feeling OK or is it making you feel crappy?

NailVarnish - did you at least enjoy it?

NellVarnish Sun 03-Mar-13 21:50:53

I've been bad.

Very bad. I may have eaten Nutella from the jar with a spoon. A dessert spoon.

Beat me with the Big Stick and get my massive arse into gear please.

I'm feeling very hmm instead of grin

QuickLookBusy Sun 03-Mar-13 21:43:14

According to MFP a 25ml serving ( is that enough?) has 1.2g of carbs.

So even 50ml would only be 2.4 g.

Yippee!

Ruprekt Sun 03-Mar-13 21:40:41

I love having my hair stroked.......................

QuickLookBusy Sun 03-Mar-13 21:39:51

Pimmsgrin. I love it, is it low carb?

am off to google.

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-13 21:38:20

grin

<strokes hair again for good measure>

Ruprekt Sun 03-Mar-13 21:19:28

<re-reads Ubercamp>

blush

Salmon with veggies for dinner.

timidviper it's on the last page of the recipe thread, but here it is:
- Low carb tartiflette: boil swede, turnip and celeriac slices almost until done, then fry in generous amounts of butter with some finely chopped leek and garlic, then stir in some cubes of reblochon. Had a mound of buttery savoy cabbage on the side. And had the leftovers for breakfast with fried eggs.

I discovered that Pimms is much nicer with sparkling wtaer than lemonade. Just added some cucumber, mint, and 1/4 strawberry diced and it was lovely. Lemonade would have been sickly. Oh how the tastebuds change!

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-13 20:42:17

Ruprekt - that isn't Ubercamp! Veggies on their own, even with butter, isn't enough and will probably tip your carb count a bit high.

timidviper Sun 03-Mar-13 20:33:41

Ruprekt Is there enough protein in there? I'm no expert but am under the impression that we should have some protein at each meal to keep you feeling full. Could you add some to your veggies for tea?

Choos Where could I find your tartiflette recipe? I can't find it on the recipe thread and it sounds lovely.

I have a new favourite drink! Lots of ice in a glass, 2 slices of cucumber, topped up with fizzy water (it is even nicer with slimline tonic but I save that for a special treat as I don't want to have sweeteners all the time)

Ruprekt Sun 03-Mar-13 18:56:45

I am ready for ubercamp tomorrow.

Tomorrow breakfast will be mushroom omelette. I eat about 10am so am not tempted by biscuit tin at school.

Will have cup of tea in morning and then water, water, water all day.

Lunch will be chicken salad.

Dinner will be after aerobics and probably a plate of veggies cooked in butter.

Does that sound ok with more water?smilesmilesmile

Choos we have just had your tartiflette for tea - with some added smoked gammon, and using brie instead of the proper cheese and a good slosh of cream too, and oh my goodness, how yummy is that!!? Thank you!!

Whipp can I add my well dones that is an amazing achievement.

Too much red wine with my dinner, I am all woozy. blush By too much, I mean one glass. I just have no farking tolerance at all!

Furry your chinese fest sounded incredible. Big respect to you managing to cook upteem dishes at once without mishap. I hope it was thoroughly appreeciated.

Also did courgette spaghetti with pesto, chicken, bacon and salad for lunch. The courgette spag was fab. Julienne peeler is a good 'un.

BIWI Sun 03-Mar-13 17:17:12

Have no fear, I will keep a general chat thread going once this Bootcamp finishes!

Well done, timid. I wish I could say the same as you. I'm just fannying around at the moment. I could do with someone beating me with my own big stick!

Next week is DS2's 18th birthday, so we will be going out for dinner and having Champagne - and then we have friends over for dinner on Friday night, and we usually end up having pretty boozy evenings with them. Still, at least I'm cooking, so can make sure that it's as low carb as possible.

But I'm keeping the levels of exercise up, so hopefully that will counteract at least some of the bad behaviour.

prettybird Sun 03-Mar-13 17:09:26

I've now exceeded my month's target which actually goes up to the 5th My target was to get to 11stone 7lb - and I was 11stone 6lb this morning smile

Not only that, but I also fitted into my size 12 jeans ok, they're pre-stretched - with only a small amount of muffin top wink Got lots of compliments at the rugby club today (I do registration for the Youth Section) ok, I may have worn heels and a smart, neat fitting shirt to enhance the effect grin

timidviper Sun 03-Mar-13 16:54:49

The "Old Timers" will still be here too. We all carried on chatting after the end of the last bootcamp and through into this one. I have no doubt we'll all carry on doing the same.

Lavenderhoney Sun 03-Mar-13 16:42:12

Great to read of weight lossessmile and furry, you made me laugh with your trouserssmile

I have had a horrible weekend so have done all my jobs, put the dc in bed and poured a glass of champagne to cheer myself up!
How funny, I was thinking of marmite yesterday - I might try it on my egg tomorrow, but I might just whisk some round the pan after cooking the mushrooms- I love my fry up breakfast.

B- eggs, bacon
Lunch - salmon and rocket salad
D- steak, green beans and fried onions.
Lots of water.

Black, your dinner sounds lovelysmile and I too shall want to keep at it and stay on a thread!

Littlermissstan that reminds me of the famous boiled eggs mashed with Boursin breakfast - it is also very yummy!

B - lc chipolatas and fried egg
L - warm chicken and bacon salad with mayo
D - roast beef, broccoli, green beans and carrots (a couple of small bits for me only)

Meals planned and feeling positive about the week ahead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now