need to loose 1.5 to 2 stone need support and nagging!

(89 Posts)

Hi, I really need to / want to loose at least 1.5 stone, I'm currently about 11.5 ( as in half) , a size 14 (but do struggle with some size 14 jeans) and was about 9 stone when I meet dh in 2006. I do realise after having DT's I will never be 9 stone again or the lovely size 8/10, but would love to get to 10 stone and a size 12.

I don't need to join a diet club as such as I know exactly what to avoid and to watch my portion sizes. I just need some motivation and people to keep on at me. Motivation : a friends wedding in 8 weeks and a summer holiday in Spain (with skinny sister, mother and niece!!!!). I also need to start exercising again. I ran a 10k about 18 months ago and used to enjoy exercise, but have been suffering with ptsd which came out in June last year, so have struggled to find any energy! But am now feeling better so hopefully.......Also have started smoking again after almost 4 years !!!! which I need someone to help me kick myself up the arse about.

Does anyone fancy joining me on possible comparing what we have eaten and exercise and weight loss etc?

Sorry for long post! Hope to hear from some of you!

Sorry all I'm abandoning you all. Just had a moment of realisation. Got so much on at moment. Inspection looming in work, dt 3 year olds who are rather demanding at the moment, that I'm trying to take pressure of wherever I can.
Have decided I'm not obese or unhealthy, I'm a size 14 and maybe that is what I'm supposed to be! I've spent most of my adult life trying to change my body. So I'm going to have 6 months or do not on a bloody diet or exercise routine.
Obviously I don't want to gain any weight. So will just aim to get my 5 a day, not have too much sat fat etc and I will go to gym when I fancy to relax! Sorry guys, girl needs a break ....

I've done my back in!!!!! so no 30 day shred for me sad also dh birthday this weekend, so god knows how i'm going to be good sad

MrsBertMacklin Fri 15-Mar-13 10:42:40

Hi everyone, ready for the weekend?

I had a major overindulgence yesterday, which was a planned choice (dinner at a friend's), but does mean I'm down to 1200/cals a day for the rest of the week to balance it out. Luckily, no major plans this weekend which involve food or alcohol.

You?

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 17:17:58

And well done you nothing, we are all doing great smile

Well done you both!

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 13:37:50

That's fantastic mrsB smile

I'm very proud that's a brilliant loss! It's amazing how much it spurs you on.

I think I am going to factor in some treats but I just have to be careful how many as I get addicted blush

I keep craving a fresh chicken fillet burger with all the salad and chips?! Goodness knows why!

MrsBertMacklin Wed 13-Mar-13 12:48:07

I'm at 195 pounds today, which is a loss of 7 pounds since last Wednesday's weigh-in, which I'm quite pleased with (although I'm guessing some of this is water weight!).

I think my aim this week is to have a good look at what nutrients I'm taking in. Looking back at last week's food diary, I'm eating lots of protein, but most of my carb intake is coming from my treats and snacks, so I'll seek to change this.

Well done Bambi and nothingbyhalves.

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 09:10:35

There's nothing 'only' about 1lb!!!! That's brilliant smile

It's much healthier to lose at a recommended level, I am looking forward to being able to get to a steady loss of 1-2 lbs per week as that's when you know it's staying off for good!

I only lost 1 pound hmm

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 08:36:22

Weigh in complete, I have lost 6.8 more pounds so am 11.6 pounds down since I joined the threads. You are all keeping me so motivated, having to keep up with the jones' is definitely working for me so far.

Happy weigh ins all smile

BambieO Wed 13-Mar-13 08:22:28

I am on day 10 today nothing so we can keep going together smile

Only 1 kg . Yesterday I felt like a button after but today I'm seizing up . Tomorrow may hurt! Please someone else join me to keep me at it for 30 days!!

MrsBertMacklin Tue 12-Mar-13 20:58:10

looks at dust-covered copy of 30DS on the floor

Yes, I must get back on The Shred.

Are we all looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow?

What weights are you using, halves?

day 2 of shred done

BambieO Tue 12-Mar-13 15:04:09

I haven't done it but will be watching for replies as that's the next step for me

stclair Tue 12-Mar-13 14:01:14

Bambieo - my tummy is far too big, and am just too wobbly around my middle/bottom.

I've seen mentioned on mumsnet the Jillian Michaels 6w6p (I think?). Has anyone done it and how long is it?

BambieO Tue 12-Mar-13 09:35:26

Ah brilliant thank you flowers

It's approximately 300 calories made using spray oil quorum mince, garlic, chilli and topped with small amount of grated cheese .

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 19:40:16

Do you know how many calories in the lasagne nothing ? It sounds lovely I would love to try and make one

Just did day one of 30 ds!! didn't find it too hard apart from the ab stuff, apparently DH heard me saying "labour was easier than this!" diet going ok, using mfp, loads! MrsBertMacklin can I come and eat at your house!!! your menu sounds lovely! Much better than mine. I did make a pasta free lasange on saturday with quorn mince, which was suprisingly nice (I used slices of aubergine, pepper and courgette instead if pasta.

As for snacks, I now have a weight watchers hot chocolate mid morning rather than a chocolate bar, and Aldi do some cereal bars which are only around 90 calories each, so am living off them! I o sometimes have a slice of cheese, but make sure its a really thin slice! As a family we eat a lot of homemade soup (as its the only was dc will eat veg!) which I make without frying the veg before hand so is really low fat.

Not sure how i will do on wednesday, but fingers crossed!
Good luck all

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 17:11:04

mrsB your menu sounds to die for envy I must start looking at some of these recipes. I am getting bored of the same old every day.

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 17:09:42

My sentiments exactly smile

My arms are a big issue for me, what are your problem areas? My tummy is a bit depressing, not huge but not what it was pre DS but if arms and legs are toned you can hide it grin

MrsBertMacklin Mon 11-Mar-13 17:09:12

My dinners for this week will be:

Prawn pad thai
Bacon & spring greens risotto
Harissa salmon with white bean mash, roasted tomatoes & green beans
Cajun chicken fajitas
Cauliflower dal with chapati
Chilli with lentils & green beans (and loaded nachos for friends who need a bit more bulk, entertaining on Saturday evening)
Not sure about Sunday yet, hoping I'm going to get taken out for the day.
Everything above comes in at about 400/cals

Lunches this week are going to be soup, sushi or Pret wraps.

Breakfast is always porridge anyway, with whatever fruit in the bowl which is about to go off thrown in grin

Puddings: either YooMoo frozen yoghurt, M&S swiss roll (two for £2!), baked apples, cottage cheese with pineapple, or a glass of something from the cocktail cabinet.

I need some more snack ideas! SO bored of clementines & rice cakes.

stclair Mon 11-Mar-13 16:46:35

Oh me too. I was pregnant with second DC last summer and have forgotten what it's like to slip into something, sadly. Hey-ho, this summer will be different with toned arms with which to lift glass to chug back sip daintily on said pimms.

BambieO Mon 11-Mar-13 16:34:50

Gosh I know, snow when spring is meant to be here! angry

I am so determined to be able to wear what I want this summer. I was pregnant with my first DC last summer so was like a sweaty blimp blooming grin

Would give anything to slip into a nice summer dress and not have these great bingo wings flapping beside me as I lift my pimms

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now