MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

reastie Thu 14-Feb-13 08:31:40

I just realised I typed ass stage manager <sniggers>. Of course I meant assistant stage manager.

IMST glad DS is Ok, sounds scary.

I just thought you added an extra 's'. grin

Long day today! DS was sent home as he was confused and kept blanking out, so we spent the day at A&E getting him a CT scan to check his brain was ok. It's all fine, he's back home and wants to go back on stage tonight.
Food-wise, I ate a chocolate, and had quiche for lunch. Hopefully all the work and sleep deprivation this week will make up for all the cake, biscuit and chocolate that Gang Show week brings.

Glad he is ok, are they following it up? How is he now?

He's ok (except for the bump!), he's not having absences as much this afternoon and is much more "with it".
He still has his paediatric appointment in a couple of weeks, hopefully we'll get more answers then.

steppemum Thu 14-Feb-13 22:10:28

sorry, don't know the back history. Is this an ongoing thing IMST? Is he an epileptic?

Must be very worrying for you

He's been having (probable) absence seizures since before Christmas, we're in the process of getting them diagnosed. He'll probably need an MRI for that, and hopefully he'll have an absence during the scan (not that I wish them on him, but it would get him treatment faster). He will most likely outgrow this type of epilepsy, there's no family history, and it's very treatable. He'll be fine, it's just taking time, that's all!
Anyway, back to Motivation, I'm bringing the thread down. Lots of exercise, pulling the rope to get the curtains in and out 20-odd times a night, and lugging steel deck on and off stage.
Totally ruined by the lovely ladies bringing us an endless supply of cake, biscuits and last night, Rocky road! Ah well, at least my maintain will be better toned...

ooh glad to hear he'll grow out of them and it's treatable in the meantime. I have no knowledge or experience of this type of thing, it must be so worrying.
I weighed in this morning, 10s10 grin MFP tells me I ahve lost 3lb since last weigh in, but I think that was about a month ago! Still, am moving in the right direction. A couple of pounds more and I'll be able to describe myself and 10 and a half stone!

eightytwenty Fri 15-Feb-13 09:29:01

Well done spb!

Did anyone read the thread on 'can I lose weight through exercise?' Yesterday. Answer seemed to be an overwhelming no. I know it's good for me, and the weight is coming off but I could do it much more quickly by making better decisions. 6 weeks till Easter. 6lb to go. Onwards and downwards!

I definitely lost weight faster when I exercised. Am struggling at the moment and its slow.

That's brilliant SPB. Well done. My bid to be in the safe 10s is not going well. I could really do with a week of staying in and home cooked food but it just never seems to happen.

Saying that, last night I stayed in and had home cooked food but it was very fattening potato rosti, a good few squares of Turkish Delight for pudding and a glass or two a bottle of wine. blush

On the plus side I had a NSV this morning. In a bid to be less 'cardigan shaped' I wore one of the jackets that I got and one of ds2's teachers asked me if I'd lost weight! The first time someone said something who isn't family. grin

Lots of people smiled at me this morning. I do wonder what kind of vibe I normally give off when bundled up in my cardi?

Fantastic grin
and lol at cardigna shaped - I am fleece shaped!

reastie Fri 15-Feb-13 13:33:16

hair yay for the weight loss comments and becoming less cardigan shaped! I've noticed I've had an awful lot of 'you're looking really well' 'you're looking great' and 'what have you done with your hair, it looks really nice today' (I've done nothing new with my hair for ages!) comments recently, but not really any weight loss comments. I wonder if they are saying I look well/slimmer in a way which isn't saying 'wow, you used to be really fat and now you're just overweight' hmm

Not sure why I'm I'm an absolute starvin' marvin today so have eaten too much, but hopefully it's just one of those days where I'm hungry and then back to normal tomorrow.

eighty I didn't see that wl through exercise thread. Very interesting. I lost 2 stone in the past through mainly exercise but it was very very slow weight loss - around 1 lb a month on a good month and I did alot of gyming (well IMO I did but not from the likes of Kato wink - I did about 4 classes and one or two gym sessions a week and went for jogs sometimes too)

SPB well done on the 10 st 10.

Thanks! Hope you are back to normal tomorrow.
Not seen oblomov around for ages! Whereis she?

I haven't seen her either. Or Bonkey!

Yes bonkey too, though I think I saw her on another thread fairly recently

KatoPotato Fri 15-Feb-13 14:14:37

Afternoon! Nice to hear some more NSV's! (albeit disguised reastie!)

My weightloss has stalled again, but theres plenty of reasons for that, not least the double deckers! I was to host the mummies on Weds but snow put paid to that. result? I ate all the easter cakes and tiger bread...

Spent v'tines at the gym, 3.5k covered and 130kg lifted... all so I could bring home a romantic chinese meal!

Staying positive, I'm still loving my exercise regime, and I know these last 10lbs are going to be the hardest, but 10lbs compared to the 51lbs I had to lose this time last year is a lot more palatable (unlike the double deckers)

eightytwenty Fri 15-Feb-13 19:04:45

An gussie gone AWOL too.

Come on ladies. Where are you and how are you doing?

I'm excited today. I'm going out with dh tonight and we've decided to walk to the restaurant. It's 3.5 miles. I love walking and don't do enough as it's always raining.

But the sun is out today and I'm feeling happy. smile

Anyone else got plans?

Matinee for gang show, then out for dinner by the theatre before the evening show, then the get-out and after show party. I will see Sunday before I see bedtime!

grin Sounds like hard work. Have a great time!

steppemum Sat 16-Feb-13 22:22:54

Had a great day, moved a load of fencing that dh had put in the wrong place a year ago that needed moving and so created a space for a bonfire. We have been piling up stuff for this bonfire since last summer. ds was so excited he phoned two of his friends to come and help. Then one of dds friends came by and couldn't resist the bonfire.

It was epic, spent 3 hours adding things to the blaze, 6 happy children deliberately standing on the smoky side, poking sticks, throwing on sticks etc etc.

Now I am knackered, so hoping it has burnt calories as well ad rubbish

steppemum Sat 16-Feb-13 22:23:44

Hope it has been a great evening IMST!

Love the idea of burning off calories on a bonfire! grin

Dh and I currently in the pub. Stopped off after deciding to walk home too. It's actually about 4.5 miles.

I feel I've earned my meal out. smile

steppemum Sat 16-Feb-13 23:01:10

sounds great hair, was a lovely day for a walk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now