MOTIVATION through the power of non scales victories

(935 Posts)

All welcome smile losing weight and being healthy through the power of motivation (particularly on Mondays)

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 10:14:02

I'd better not talk to you about weights, I've not got round to buying them... I still use tins of beans!! Shall I join you in the 'feeling ashamed' corner SPB? I've also wondered about finding something else but like you, getting it whipped in 30 mins is doable.

SPB, just in healthy bmi. 24.8..... Woohoo! grin

Pre-chocolate gym visit is very wise!

reastie Sat 30-Mar-13 12:59:42

Have just put a pavlova in the oven to make a special easter pud with mini eggs on. It's going to end badly isn't it - I'm going to eat it all confused . MUST shred this afternoon to make up for it.

reastie Sat 30-Mar-13 18:15:39

OK, pavlova problem diverted, I managed to have a slither of it and, tbh didn't really enjoy it that much, all I could taste was sugar. I think my taste buds must've changed or something hmm

I've been looking at exercise dvds online to try something different as I'm a bit fed up of the shred. I've found a clair nazir (probably spelt that all wrong) workout which has really good reviews on amazon. Read up on it and it's 3 20 minute workouts but you can do them as 20 min workouts or a full 1 hour workout. Apparently they worked out doing the full hour burns 1000 kcals shock . Might try it but wondered if anyone else had? Lousy claim to fame also - the trainer on the dvd (she does loads of exercise dvds) is an instructor at my gym - I used to go to her step aerobics classes and she is truly one of the best instructors I've had. She's far meaner and harder on you in the RL classes (in a good way) than on her DVDs though where she's very polite and kind in comparison grin

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 18:45:21

Well I suppose from a nigella point of view that must make you sad but from a calorie perspective.... YES!!grin

A full hour = 1000 cals. Really? Wow!

reastie Sat 30-Mar-13 20:50:16

Thanks tober . I know shock to 1000 kcals in an hour (but if they say thats what it is then I'm going with it!). It's a bootcamp type workout so I'm imagining similar to shred (only without shouty Jillian). Wondering whether to buy it confused

1000 cals
<wonders if I can justify it...>

Pleased to report after a day off yesterday I am firmly back on it today. smile Kato, love the "body and scales are on speaking terms again" taht's how I feel but the opposite grin Well done on 148 though, that;s brilliant!
Am envy of those with changing tastebuds. Mine haven't changed at all since I was a sweetie obsessed six year old

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 21:45:37

Reastie, you've got me on amazon now perusing alternative work out DVDs.
Found Claire Nasir and also wondering about davina Intense?

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 21:50:38

SPB, am a little envy at you bring firmly on the wagon. I'm eating a chocolate rabbit!
My only excuse is that I've not really eaten since Thursday night so have catching up to do hmm

Yes I have just finished "being" the Easter bunny, there are a lot of chocolates left over and they are looking at me with their little bunny eyes saying eat me eat me.
For now I am resisting, but by the morning my mind and body will be weak.
Especially when DD tells me that if the easter bunny hasn't brought me anything, I can have some of hers!

Seriously, I have you lot to thank for managing another day btw. The only thing that stopped me thinking screw the diet today was having to come back and tell you I'd yet again been inhaling chocolate.

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 21:57:22

Awwww.

How will you possibly resist the double whammy of generosity of a lovely sounding daughter and the lure of chocolate?!!

Tobermory Sat 30-Mar-13 22:00:47

Ha, it's funny isn't it.
How faceless individuals, people you've never met and probably never will can affect your actions.
I went jogging last week. The first time in 20+ years, mostly because I told eightytwenty that I would.

Well done. Another day on the wagon is a fab achievement!

reastie Sun 31-Mar-13 06:52:18

stealth good to hear positivity, here's to a Strong willed Easter Sunday for all of us!

tober yes I saw the Davina one too. I'm only put off by it as my only experience of a Davina DVD is terrible backache after every time I attempted one of her DVDs. Not sure if I was doing something wrong or if it was just me but I now have a mental fear of her dvds!

Apparently around here there's been a shortage of easter eggs. Lots of panicked mothers asking on our local fb group where to find easter eggs as lots of places run out - can't blame it on my excessive chocolate eating this year wink

Happy Easter, I'm currently pretending I'm still asleep so the PILs can deal with the DCs' Easter egg hunt-fuelled excitement.
DH got me some Lindor eggs, just a small pack, that should keep me in chocolate for a while.
Hope you all have a great day, eat a little bit of chocolate and then stop. Easier said than done, but we can do it smile.

Happy Easter everyone!
Well done for jogging Tober, and glad the power of the tread is working for you too. I maybe should make an effort to come on and confess when I'm having a bad diet time but tbh I put ot out of my mind to avoid the guilt, which is part of the problem.
reatie I did hear something similar on the news (love the idea it was previously your fault) doesn't this happen every year though followed by millions of dirt cheap eggs for the next few weeks? Good point actually, remind me not to step foot in a supermarket until they're all gone.
IMST are they the red ones with the truffly insides? They're my favourites. Not keen since they've brought out the other varieties, just like the red eggs/balls.

reastie Sun 31-Mar-13 09:47:08

stealth I"m not sure - never heard of actual local places running out of eggs, more news hyping up nothing

tober am hovering over the 'buy' button on this dvd

KatoPotato Sun 31-Mar-13 11:07:54

Happy easter! Should I spin?

KatoPotato Sun 31-Mar-13 11:49:31

I deffo didn't go...

Tobermory Sun 31-Mar-13 12:48:09

Happy Easter all, think ill be really testing my resolve today.

I found a davina DVD in and amongst our DVD stash, i have never watched t, think that prob says quite a lot about my old attitude to fitness !! So had a go, small DCs really wanted to help/join in, which is a bit restricting, so didn't get to the end but think it'll keep me quiet for a few weeks!

Reastie..... Is it bought yet?

Kato.... Major religious holiday, surely that gets you a free pass with no guilt attached?!

reastie Sun 31-Mar-13 15:05:34

tober yes it's bought. Will be delivered on Wednesday <gulp> . How was Davina?

Will someone please kick me into doing the shred today please? I really need to push myself.

Kato one day off won't hurt, just make sure you go to the next one <points finger in teacherish way>

Reastie, do your shred, you know you want tosmile.
Stealth, yes it's the red truffly Lindor, I had two today (after breakfast and lunch).
I have been wire brushing the paint off a cloche for the PILs today (don't askhmm) so I'm exhausted now. I'm hiding out now in case they find me more jobs to do!
Happy Easter everyone.

reastie Sun 31-Mar-13 18:02:41

Thanks IMST I did indeed shred. 2 level 2 workouts in 2 days <collects brownie points>. I weighed myself this morning and 2 lbs on, but I'm putting my fingers in my ears (or should I say over my eyes) about it as I'm sure it's an odd blip of a reading.

IMST PILS sound like they're being rather slave driver ish there hmm

PILs are definitely on form this weekend. They wrote a list of jobs they don't have time to do (they have been retired for a decade), such as "wash all the plant pots", "mend, paint and glaze the cloche", "sort through padded envelopes", "put up a towel holder". I swear some of the jobs must have taken longer to write than to do, and most of them they haven't done simply because they are dull jobs. MIL this afternoon sat with her cup of tea while I picked the putty off her cloche, and the only comment she made was "you're making the sitting room dusty, some of us have lung problems".
Er, yes, one of us has lung problems, it's meconfused, I have asthma. She had pneumonia 12 years ago.
And breathe...

Tobermory Mon 01-Apr-13 18:21:28

Reastie, well done on 2 days on the bounce.

IMST your PILs sound slave drivers, lucky you have nothing you need to do for you, eh?

Zumba tonight for me, to burn off last nights excess and today's bad choices. Could probably do with double Zumba!

I'm down 2lbs, well i was when i weiighed in yesterday morning, but don't think I'll stand on the scales for quite a few days!

reastie Mon 01-Apr-13 18:36:35

IMST confused . My MIL has just friended me on fb. It's a bit too close for comfort tbh. I wanted to say no but am too weak didn't feel I could.

Tober well done on the 2 lbs AND the zumba.

1 lb down this week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now