Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 09:01:57

Thanks Aspiemum.
I might order one of those too and give it a go.

I'd love to do a class or something but DH works long hours some weeks and its hard to get out to do something regularly. That's why I want to keep up the DVD's. Get into the habit of doing something.

Level 2 again for me today.
Have fun girls, don't phone it in now ;)

atarexia Thu 14-Feb-13 11:18:29

Can I be a late joiner? On day 2 of my first ever shred, also following MyFitnessPal 1200 calories programme. Have been doing mfp for about 3 weeks but not losing much tbh. Hoping to lose about a stone I guess and tone up! Cant really do much excercising out of the house atm (am a fair weather cyclist)!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Thu 14-Feb-13 13:59:52

I had to drop the weights this morning when I was doing that chair squat with the 'V' arms.
Holy shit it burned!!

DD1 is worse than any personal trainer, Mom, pick those up the girls on TV still have theirs in their hands.

FrillyMilly Thu 14-Feb-13 20:23:05

Those V arms are tough! I also struggle with the one where your arms are up and you have to kick your leg up.

Aspiemum2 Thu 14-Feb-13 20:33:02

Aw tigger, how lovely it must be to have an audience!

Dumper Fri 15-Feb-13 06:06:02

Jeepers, stop giving spoilers to level 2... You're gonna give me nightmares!!

I have no weights so I use 2 cans of carnation milk! Will have to increase to jars of mayo or something!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Fri 15-Feb-13 09:15:58

Dumper invest in weights, they're a lot easier to handle than the cans.
I did use cans for the first few times too.

I didn't do it when I got up and now I have to go do stuff, hate that. I'll be trying to catch myself up for the day now.

Alligatorpie Fri 15-Feb-13 10:00:06

Has anyone ever heard te expression "dont phone it in"

Having a rest day today. My body hurt all day yesterday and even though i had 2 glasses of wine and very small piece of cake last night and I feel like i should exercise, i couldn't do it.

I struggle with part 3, in L1, i get a surge of energy for part 3, L2, i want to lie on the floor - sorry dumper!

atarexia Fri 15-Feb-13 12:57:10

Am on day 3, was a bit easier with the cardio but I struggle with situps. My legs ache. Had 2 glasses of prosecco last night, was well deserved i thought!

Bimblepops Fri 15-Feb-13 20:26:49

Ouch, ouch, ouch!
Thought I'd move up to level 3, as at day 16 and pretty comfortable with level 2 now. But arghhhhh, had to quit after 10 mins as it felt like my c-section scar (from 4 and 2 years ago!) was ripping from the inside out.
Sodding painful!
Going to go back to level 2 and may not try level 3 again...feeling scared now...

Alligatorpie Sat 16-Feb-13 07:50:07

Bimple, that sounds awful. Level 3 is not something i am looking forward to.

I am not enjoying level 2, but will admit today (day 3) was slightly easier than the previous days. But i still ache.

However, when i did i up my belt today, i was excited to see i am now on the third notch, not the fifth!

Wereonourway Sat 16-Feb-13 19:21:52

Can I join please ladies?
I will be starting the shred tomorrow after ordering the DVD on amazon.
I've got a fair bit to lose(almost 3 st) but I have not got time for gym or classes so thought I'd try this. Along with cutting out crap and fizzy drinks.
Got a holiday to look forward to in July with a gorgeous friend and I need to at least feel comfortable in a bikini or swimming costume.
Can I really lose three stones by sticking to this as well as making changes to my diet?
I don't eat too many carbs but like big portions and drink far too much fizzy pop, I'm serious about this and want to believe I can do it but eh so much weight to lose it seems unacheivable iykwim?

Alligatorpie Sun 17-Feb-13 08:37:05

Just finished day four of L 2 and it was much easier.

There are some posters on the JM fans thread who say L3 is easier than L2, - i really hope so. Bimple, i'll let you know if it gets easier after the first 10 minutes.

Wereon - i dont know if you could lose 3 stone by summer, but it is worth a try. I drink one fizzy drink per day (max) but always diet drinks. No carbs or calories. There are lots of apps people use for counting calories if thats what you are doing. Good luck.

Wereonourway Sun 17-Feb-13 12:10:00

Thanks alligator, I'm being realistic and know I won't lose it all by then but want to make a serious start to shift it.
Most of my weight is on my tummy, it's flabby and saggy and I hate it.
My legs/bum/arms etc aren't too bad, if I could just shift tummy ill be happy

Aspiemum2 Sun 17-Feb-13 12:36:22

Try 6 week 6 pack - it's pretty ab heavy and you can actually feel the ab ache afterwards which I don't get with all videos. I also notice that swimming firms up my tummy quite quickly

Bimblepops Sun 17-Feb-13 22:08:06

alligator - thanks for that, it looked like a good workout, I was looking forward to it! Think I pulled a muscle, so going to stick with Level 2 for another week or so, then (gingerly) have another go at Level 3.

were - I'm addicted to coca cola, but have managed to limit myself to one 330ml can daily (or a 150ml can on a good day). I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, at day 17 now, combined with using My Fitness Pal, a 1200 cal diet. My body has changed loads, am down to my smallest belt notch, hips are smaller, bingo wings gone, thighs slimmer. It's great. Would seriously recommend it.

Did Day 17 of the Shred today, stayed with level 2. I need to let my abs recover for a few more days, then I have to move up to level 3, as am starting to get quite comfortable with level 2, something I never thought I'd say!

Alligatorpie Mon 18-Feb-13 06:55:31

Bimble - sorry i have writing your name wrong! But i am very impressed with your progress. Thats fantastic! I too, feel so better, and smaller. My goal is that my thighs shrink so much, they do not rub together. I know I can do it. But can i do it in 2 weeks?

Day 15, L2 today, it gets easier every time. i still mostly follow Anita, i do a few of Natalie's moves, but not many. Only 5 more days until L3.

Hi, i'm thinking of ordering shred, but got a few questions:

Do i need weights
I'm unfit and do no exercise, will i cope
Does it work
Is it hard on your joints

Thanks

Alligatorpie Tue 19-Feb-13 06:59:40

Day 16 today, feeling good! I tried Natalie's plank jacks today for the first time and it was surprising easy. I thought it looked awful, but it was a great stretch for my inner thighs.

Willow- you don't need weights to start with, some people use cans or nothing if you are really unfit. If you have a lot of weight to lose, imight start with something easier. It is. Killer workout and it's easy to get discouraged. Yes, it is hard on your joints, wear good trainers and have a mat for support.
Does it work? Yes! Have you read the thread above and the JM fan thread? Google it on Youtube and watch the success stories. JM has made herself millions of dollars selling this way of working out. Just ask any contestant on The Biggest Loser. Good luck!

monkeychambers Tue 19-Feb-13 11:28:11

After lurking for ages I am finally starting the Shred.

Day 1 yesterday....does anyone know how long you should stay at the same level. (not that I am in any rush)

Also need to buy proper weights as used some heavy candle holders yesterday, not ideal!

Anyone know the best place to get them - also what weight to start with.

Thanks.

Aspiemum2 Tue 19-Feb-13 12:02:25

Monkey, I finally started today! Better late than never though. 10 days at each level.
Found it ok but can feel it a bit in my legs

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 19-Feb-13 15:06:14

I missed Sunday and Monday, completely forgot Sunday and kept putting it off yesterday.
Back to it this morning and really kicked my ass for missing the other days.
Still can't finish the chair squats with the V hand raise. Weak!!

monkeychambers Tue 19-Feb-13 20:42:28

Done second day...ache a little everywhere, especially legs....does it get easier?

Aspiemum2 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:47:19

NO!!! Mwahaha........ Ahem, yeah it gets easier - then harder, but then it gets easier but to quote JM it's when it's tough that its doing the most good or some annoying drivel like that

monkeychambers Tue 19-Feb-13 20:54:13

Thanks Aspie...must admit I posted that and thought afterwards....um no I guess it doesn't as it's not supposed to...it's just feeling achy all over all the time, is not that nice....guess I should try and just man up and think 'well if its hurting its doing good'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now