Started the shred today, anyone want to join me for the next 29 days?

(205 Posts)
Alligatorpie Sun 03-Feb-13 09:45:25

That's it. Had great success in the past, starting again.

Also eating low carb.

Alligatorpie Sun 10-Feb-13 07:43:16

Day 8 today, really struggled to get through it, i almost quit several times. I hope tomorrow is easier!

redhappy Sun 10-Feb-13 10:28:35

Well done Alligator. I managed friday, but I couldn't do yesterday.

On Friday it really hurt for the first 5 minutes, really struggled to keep going, but once I got into it felt really good.

However, next day (yesterday) I really struggled with my neck/shoulders). So I took a day off, will start again today, but will also be doing my own warm ups first and I want to avoid injury.

Diet starts tomorrow! Been looking at holidays this weekend, once we've chosen somewhere that will be good motivation!

redhappy Sun 10-Feb-13 10:30:09

Oh, and my tip to avoid the boredom...Now I know the workout, I stick on my own music over the top of the dvd, and turn the tv down. Easy enough just following the screeen once you are already familiar with the workout.

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 05:53:32

Good idea about the music. Today my 7 month alternated between singing and complaining from part two, so i didn't hear anything anyway!

Felt great this mornng, (day 9) even through the last set of crunches, which normally kill me. But i have committed to a zumba class this mornng, so will see how I feel later.

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 05:54:03

7 month dd

laluna Mon 11-Feb-13 08:28:54

Hello! Pleased to be joining you today! Will report back later after day 1!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Mon 11-Feb-13 08:42:39

I started this too last week!
Day7 for me I'll have to do it after lunch today. Prefer doing it in the morning but wasn't organised today.

I'm doing level 2 tomorrow.
When does everyone else change up.

Empross76 Mon 11-Feb-13 08:49:37

This all sounds great, but - what's a shred?! Would love some of what you're doing but don't know what it is!

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 18:20:18

The 30 day shred is a workout by Jillian Michaels. There are 3 levels and each level has 3 parts of 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and one minute abs. It is really intense but it only takes half an hour and you can see results almost immediately.
Its on youtube, check it out if you want a great workout! And then join us on this thread!

Alligatorpie Mon 11-Feb-13 18:21:23

Tigger, tomorrow i will start level two also. Good luck to both of us!

FrillyMilly Mon 11-Feb-13 18:25:01

I'm day 10 of level one today too. I can't believe how much I've improved in such a short space of time. I have about a stone to lose but really I need to tone up. I've lost 2lbs and 2.5 inches. I'm nervously excited about level 2.

Alligatorpie Tue 12-Feb-13 06:34:31

Good for you Frilly! I was going to do level 2 today, but wimped out at the last minute. I did a mom and baby Zumba class yesterday and am feeling a bit sore from holding dd.

So i did level one (day 10) tomorrow, for sure i will do level two.

Laluna, how did it go?

Alligatorpie Tue 12-Feb-13 06:35:55

My yoga pants are much loser around my thighs! Feeling very good about that!

Empross76 Tue 12-Feb-13 08:45:28

Thanks Alligatorpie! Is it for toning or weight loss?

Alligatorpie Tue 12-Feb-13 09:23:34

I am definitely trying to lose weight. I want to get to a UK 10, am currently a 12-14. I have a beach holiday booked for the third week in March, so am doing everything i can to lose weight before then!

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 12-Feb-13 09:25:35

Did level 2 this morning.
The change was great. Tougher though!

Good way to start the day smile

I was thinking of getting one of Davina McCalls workout DVD's just to change it up the odd day.

FrillyMilly Tue 12-Feb-13 20:57:39

I've done first day of level 2 now. It's definitely a change from level one and tough if (like me) you have poor strength but I think this is going to have even better results than level one especially on my stomach.

Aspiemum2 Tue 12-Feb-13 20:59:12

Tigger, I like Davina. Power of 3 is my favourite - good for the bum smile. Just can't find a spare hour at the moment to devote to it

Bimblepops Tue 12-Feb-13 21:31:19

Hello Shredders!
Have just finished Day 13, Level 2, using 1.5kg weights. Am also on MyFitnessPal, so trying to keep to 1200 cals per day.
First time shredding and am really enjoying it.
Not losing any weight though, which is annoying, as I'd like to lose a stone. Definite change in body shape though, am obviously converting my lard to muscle!
Am annoying all my friends on Facebook by updating daily on my Shred, as added incentive to keep going.

Alligatorpie Wed 13-Feb-13 06:01:45

Bimple - i update here for my motivation! Good for you with the 1.5 weights. I noticed level 2 had great arm workouts.

Just finished level 2, am feeling like i want to die. Way harder than level 1!

I have signed up for a mom and baby zumba class on wednesdays, so may skip my wed Jillian. I am not sure i can handle 2 intense workouts in one day.and it starts in one hour so very little time for my body to rest.

bacon Wed 13-Feb-13 14:49:45

I was just wondering how everyone gets through the exhaustion stage. I started a mix of swimming, kettlebells and a few Shreds but I find the rest of the day I'm flakey and can be exhausted. For the first week I could hardly walk or function.

Wish I could do it everyday, I need the sleep and children are early risers plus DH is out early too. I try to do the DVD when children in school but with work I struggle for time.

I need to shift 2 stone.

Dumper Thu 14-Feb-13 05:45:29

I'm on day 2 of my first ever shred. How do you know when to move up a level? I don't have the DVD, I looked it up on YouTube.

FrillyMilly Thu 14-Feb-13 06:37:04

Dumper it's ten day on each level. I do it on YouTube too.

Dumper Thu 14-Feb-13 06:42:23

Thanks frilly!

Alligatorpie Thu 14-Feb-13 07:31:36

Bacon, i felt like that yesterday after doing level 2 for the first time and then zumba. I ached and was grumpy for the rest of the day. I think it is my body telling me i did too much. Maybe take it down a level and see if you feel better.

Forced myself to do level 2 today, it is so hard. But i'm glad i did it, although i am feeling slightly guilty as dd needed a diaper change when i had 10 minutes to go. Priorities, right?

Glad you could join us dumper!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now