I had my hypno gastric band 'fitted' by Paul McKenna last night...

(740 Posts)
lynniep Fri 11-Jan-13 11:01:11

...so far so good! Admittedly its not even 11am yet, but I havent eaten my snacks which are sitting on my desk and not even tempting me! Normally I don't allow myself anything till 10am, then I pounce!

I am doing this in conjunction with weightwatchers, which Paul McKenna would not approve of, since he despises 'diet clubs' (boy does this come through loud and clear in his book).

However since I don't know the man personally, and I feel I need the WW sessions for support, I am carrying on with pro- pointing and hoping that my gastric band will provide the backup I need to not binge and eat more than my body needs.

I've been (back) on weightwatchers for several months now and failed miserably because I am both a compulsive eater and a (hopefully) reformed bulimic.

I'd like to think this will help me - and I'm willing to try it because I am now as heavy as I was just after I gave birth to DS2 3 years ago (my heaviest, unless you count when I was 40 weeks pg!)

If anyone is interested I will report back smile

Cupcake1982 Thu 07-Mar-13 11:48:09

Morning ladies,
I am on day 4 and so far so good! I'm starting to feel hungry ready for lunch but I really don't know what I fancy????
Does everyone eat whatever they fancy ie kit kat for lunch??? smile

Charliefox Thu 07-Mar-13 22:45:25

Disappointing result for me. Have put weight on! Has had literally no impact. I too haven't felt under any kind of trance. Have listened to it 4 times now. A fail for me and I feel a bit suckered in to be honest! Ah well, was worth a shot.

bulshit Fri 08-Mar-13 06:12:45

HI can I join you ladies, I am really sorry to hear that the hypnotic gastric band installation have not worked for some of you,but I think if you try again with a positive mind, Then you might be successful. I fitted my band on the 4/2/13 and have not done too bad. However I have not got on the scales.

This is my fifth week and I have been having positive complement of how much weight I have lost. I love clothes and just want to go back to a 10/12. I feel that it is important for me not to be a slave to the scales. I was due to weigh in on the 4/3/13 but decided against it. I might weigh in next month but for now I am just going by my clothes and the way I am looking.

What Paul McKenna has given me is a tool not worry about good foods or bad foods but the confidence to make an informed decision as to what I want to eat. I don't feel any pressure about loosing the weight, it took months to put it so it is only right that it will take time to get it off. Yes sometimes from time to time I get a little impatient but I try to put my positive head on and try to move forward.

Since I stated in February I have had a few bad days but I just put them behind and move on because it's all about reaching my goal no matter how long it takes. I was a big fan of weight watchers for years and even a life member but felt that I no longer wanted to count points or weigh my foods.

I wish all you ladies who are following Paul as well as those whom have just started the very best of luck. Paul's plan has made a great difference to my every day living. One of the greatest thing I found is going out to eat without any worry about over eating.

I did weigh myself when I started. I was nearly 3 stones 7lbs over weight, don't know what I am now but know for sure that I have lost some. Still a long way to go but getting closer and closer each and every day.

God bless you ladies and keep positive.

namechangea Fri 08-Mar-13 06:55:59

Been lurking on this for a while. Big congratulations and wows at the weight loss here I've just had a flick through the last few pages and wonder how the op is doing?

I wondered about something though. I'm breastfeeding DD2 so need to ensure I eat "enough" each day. I noticed lots of comments on here about having the feeling of the band, eating a quarter of usual amounts. Are you definitely getting enough food (worried binge eater aleady)

When you reach your goal (about 21 pounds for me) do you do something elseto amend your thinking to maintenance?

MsMarple Fri 08-Mar-13 11:31:11

Hi everyone, I installed mine last night. Do you think it matters that I fell asleep, or should I play it again?
namechangea , I'm bf too - just assumes that if I needed more calories I would feel hungry again, and should therefore eat.
Haven't thought about maintenance yet, it is at least 3 stone away!

pollywollydoodle Fri 08-Mar-13 11:48:45

msmarple...with ICMYT he says that you may fall asleep and that's ok, it still goes in

pollywollydoodle Fri 08-Mar-13 11:51:08

namechangea i wondered about the OP too.....are you out there lyniep?

harryhausen Sat 09-Mar-13 18:29:49

Can I join? I want to loose about 4/5 stone. I've tried ww, SW. I've lost a little bit, then piled it all back on. I'm 40, and have been dieting for 15 years. I think I'm done.

I installed my band yesterday. I'd been flirting around the actual point of installing it. Read the book twice, did my little bits of exercise etc.

Last night I physically could not eat more than a few mouthfuls of soup and few crackers. Today, I went for lunch out with the family. I ate half of what I would normally. However now, at teatime I feel really stuffed full - like I've over-eaten.

I feel excited that I've eaten less, but annoyed that I've still managed to feel 'bloated'. I don't think I stopped when I should have. Mind you, I'm only on day 2! I should give myself a chance to get used to it I suppose.

I'm starting couch2 5k tomorrow too.

I'm going to have a thorough read back over the whole thread now.grin

Fairygen Sat 09-Mar-13 19:16:00

Half way through week 5 and feeling much better now I have found.....soup. I'm managing to pack loads of veg into my diet without the bulk.

I didn't weigh on weigh day (Wednesday), but have this morning and -5lbs so happy as half a lb off a stone!!

I have NEVER lost weight for more than 2 weeks in a row before!!

MsMarple Sun 10-Mar-13 12:14:27

Its only day 3 for me, and can't say I'm feeling full after a few mouthfuls like some people have reported. BUT... family birthday meal yesterday in a yummy restaurant, I had starter and main, but didn't fancy dessert (unheard of for me) and sent some of my son's leftovers back to the kitchen, which normally I would have polished off too. So, maybe my gastric band is set at eat-like-a-normal-person level?
Am curious to see how the scales will be next friday.

dordorcoop Sun 10-Mar-13 14:59:51

nearly completed 2 weeks, not doing too badly during the day. My problem is that I don't sleep very well so am often up late at night and then I start eating, can't seem to stop. What I do is make a fist and image this is the size of my stomach now - can't get too much food in that. Sometimes this works. I won't give up -I'm determined to beat my addiction to overeating this time.

Fairygen Sun 10-Mar-13 19:36:04

MsMarple hi, I only felt full after a few mouthfuls for the first couple of days and I'm sure that was due to willpower and desperation to succeed!!

I have always been hungry at meal times! A family meal is always a great test to see if it's working!

Stick with it, it really does work.it's not a quick fix plan, but it's so easy, and common sense really!

X

Fairygen Sun 10-Mar-13 19:51:08

Hi to everyone new x

MsMarple Mon 11-Mar-13 08:57:01

Thanks Fairygen .

Dordorcoop - late nights are the worst aren't they? Especially as there isn't anyone else around to raise their eyebrows when you start grilling crumpets at midnight!

I've been taking myself off to bed early for that very reason, and reading books/laptop!

Jayneguest Mon 11-Mar-13 12:12:30

Saw my hypnotherapist again last week for help with my weight (which is ongoing) and he said that he was already seeing people who had thought the gastric band hypnosis would work but have found that it isnt solving their problems. I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago on here so its interesting that others seem to see the same thing.All I can say is that seeing the real thing has made a big difference to me, the personal touch is what has made all the difference.My Hypnotherapist is lovely.However you are doing it good luck smile

dordorcoop Mon 11-Mar-13 18:26:21

think I'll take kindle and get some early nights, especially if this bad weather continues

buildingmycorestrength Tue 12-Mar-13 06:52:44

I have actually gained weight since first doing CD a couple of weeks ago. sad

Did it again last night so we'll see.

nikkiskip Tue 12-Mar-13 12:13:11

Can i join in too.. i brought the book yesterday and will be reading it all tonight and fitting the band tomorrow.. my friend has also brought it and will be doing the same.. kinda sceptical as to if it will work or not but after reading all the messages on here it certainly does sound too good to be true..

I have been a yoyo dieter for quite a few years and even have a blog regarding it which i will be updating with my progress of the HGB ( fingers Crossed! )

http://nikki33onamission.wordpress.com/

Link to my blog if anyone fancies a read.

Keep you updated soon!

Fairygen Wed 13-Mar-13 09:02:24

Hi all,
Back to Wednesday weigh day and have managed +1.5 lbs, since Sunday! Ooops! Blaming it on all those mother's day goodies over the weekend!!

First time I've put on in 5 weeks, which is unheard of for me, so not too worried.

I know we're not supposed to be dieting , but I did read that if you have a protein only breakfast your body becomes a 'fat burning machine' for the rest of the day!

Hope everyone is getting on ok x

lustybusty Wed 13-Mar-13 20:43:03

Hiya!! Just getting you onto my "I'm on" threads. I'll read everything and join you properly tonight/tomorrow.

nikkiskip Thu 14-Mar-13 09:39:14

well... went through the book and CD and was so relaxed by the end of it... not sure if anything has worked or even if any of it sunk in as i havent eaten yet as i'm not hungry..
Did anyone experience any twitching in their stomach while listening to the cd?

Fairygen Thu 14-Mar-13 12:40:56

Yes nikkiskip I did, and afterwards my stomach felt tighter. Even now, every time I listen to the cd the same thing happens.

Fairygen Fri 15-Mar-13 10:35:09

Chinese take away last night. Firstly, I couldn't decide what to have, as none of it really appealed to me. Then when it came I ate hardly anything and found it really greasy and heavy.

I can't believe how much my taste has changed in such a short time. Six months ago I would have happily eaten Chinese every night of the week!!

JennyPiccolo Fri 15-Mar-13 12:11:50

Was totally inspired by this thread, I downloaded a hypno gastric band app on Monday night( not Paul McKenna, I couldn't find his, but a similar sort of deal.

Weighed myself this morning and I've lost over 6lbs! Since Monday nightshock

So happy, if I lose another couple of pounds I will be down a jeans size.

Spannerfingers Mon 18-Mar-13 15:08:04

hi all

ive just had the band installed today, after all the fad diest and even taking ALI and XL medical all the weight came back, with a vengance.

im hoping this will help with my weight, i want to lose 4 stane idealy, but 1stone will be idealy to make a big difference to my health etc.

heres going forward

SF

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now