Bloody f**king nora. Just weighed myself and I want to die.

(1000 Posts)

I can't even bring myself to type in my weight because I am so ashamed sad

I need to lose 3.5 stone before the end of May (going on holiday with a thin friend) I am doing My Fitness Pal (calorie counting) and I am going to do 1200 calories a day. It's brutal I know but then so was the reading on my scales this morning.

Effing Nora sad

101handbags Tue 08-Jan-13 09:59:57

Leslie Sansone DVDs are your friend - power walking aerobics. Can build up from 1 mile to 5. It's not the most interesting exercise in the world but it's easy and it makes you sweat.

Pinot Tue 08-Jan-13 10:00:21

xpost

Sounds YUM. I like food like that. Thanks <squidge>

Right, have changed to 1400 and am scoffing porridge now with almond milk.

Didn't even need a sweetener in the porridge cos the almond milk is sweet innit?

Shiney, when you do your sweet potato wedges, how do you cook them? I've tried them before and they were a soggy mess.

CarriedAwayAnnie Tue 08-Jan-13 10:05:18

Thanks Maureen.

I am going to do MFp when I can face standing on the scales <<wail>>

I get confused by what is healthy and what isn't. Foe example shiney I would have said cheese not good but you crumble it on roasted veg and that's fine?

Lizzylou Tue 08-Jan-13 10:05:43

I do sweet potato wedges (have it tonight with quorn stuffed peppers), do em in frylight, quite chunky.

PoohBearsHole Tue 08-Jan-13 10:08:24

Baubles, I lost 44lbs on MFP - I admit that that was from when I was fully pregnant grin but in my defense my dc was 5lbs and I put on weight post birth.

However I did it from that and lost the 44lbs, I am Figgyrolls on MFP and have started back. It is helpful to put down what you eat just so you know! I too am back on 1200 although see you have changed to 1600 but I reckon if I am a couple of hundred over then I am still eating less than before!

Good luck, I have 21lbs I want to lose taking me to 11 stone. I would like to lose 28lbs but am giving myself a break at the moment!

CarriedAwayAnnie Tue 08-Jan-13 10:13:12

My shred dvd has come through the letterbox.

Ordered the bastard on Amazon Supersaver and wasn't expecting it so early - This means I am actually going to have to do it today isn't it?

But it's only 20 minutes right? Should I do it everyday?

[very unfit emotion]

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:14:21

Annie - huge chunks of cheddar = not fine < oh but I LOVE IT > ... a reasonable amount of goats cheese or reduced fat feta = great. Both are low in calories.. i buy a little circle of goats cheese and use half on my roasted veg ... it comes in at 152 calories for the cheese which is pretty good. I can have half a block of feta for about 130 calories. I avoid my favourite wensleydale with cranberries and ginger however as it is really calorific. I also eat a lot of cottage cheese < waitrose one is the best > and grilled peppers light philly.

Re the wedges.. in an overware type dish tossed in some oil < fry light is probably best for you right now until your weight loss is under way as a tablespoon of extra virgin adds 100 cals plus > with some salt or pepper etc if you fancy that. Bake for up to an hour. The trick is to do them on a lower heat and chuck them about a bit several times during cooking.

Flatasawitchestit Tue 08-Jan-13 10:16:51

Sorry to but in here, I haven't read all of the 15 pages but I use the daily free workout apps on ipad / iPhone

You can get free butt workout, leg,abs, cardio, arms, yoga. Can choose 5, 7.5 or 10 min workouts. They're fab and research has shown that you can achieve as much fat loss by doing short bursts of intense training (like above apps and the shred) as you might do jogging for an hour.

I tend to follow a high protein diet, packed with nuts, seeds, fruit & veg. The only thing I limit is carbs, I wouldn't cut them completely but be wary of eating too many.

Oh and drink drink drink. Apart from the obvious Fat has to leave your body somehow.

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 08-Jan-13 10:17:06

You lost 6 stone shock bugger me shock

shiney you are now my official chub-be-gone guru.

1400 it is <gavel>

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:17:12

I also wouldn't stress to much about exercise. It's the diet that shifts the weight in the first instance. So, in other words, no need to fling yourself into everything on day one. You'll fail. Get the eating under control first - that is the crucial thing. I lost the bulk of my weight with no exercise... started by with a personal trainer when i got closer to 10 stone i think < Personal training is way to go, although sounds a bit wanky - and you can usually get a taster session free... it makes a HUGE difference if you use a gym.. no more will you just ineffectually jog on the treadmill or cycle. You'll be able to do a routine which actually gets results >

Flatasawitchestit Tue 08-Jan-13 10:17:59

Oh I also make my own protein smoothies, not to replace meals but in addition. If anyone would like recipe I can post smile

"I also wouldn't stress to much about exercise. It's the diet that shifts the weight in the first instance. So, in other words, no need to fling yourself into everything on day one."

Music to my ears.

<pops trainers back in wardrobe>

Yes please to protein shakes recipe!

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:19:32

I probably sound like a know it all blush I am not at all - and those who know me well will know that I had many many false starts at this for several years.

It would make me really happy if , by sharing some of what worked for me, it helped someone else. the first lesson you need to learn ... you are going to feel deprived initially grin

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:20:05

Yes, would like to see a protein shake recipe.

veryworried29 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:23:31

5:2 is just so much simpler than all this and sustainable for life. That's all I want to say. Plus, if you have lost stones and stones before and then regained them all, what is going to be different this time?

I say this in a caring way, I really do thanks.

I'll get me coat.

You don't sound like a know it all! It's GOOD to have a successful weightloss person here, to guide us, istead of letting the Chiefs groan and plod like carb-starved zombies through the mire of dieting.

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:27:02

5:2 may be sustainable for a maintenance plan but I would be wary about doing it for weight loss as it can lead to overeating. Threads and threads on a weight loss forum I like to read prove this.

veryworried29 Tue 08-Jan-13 10:29:41

Oh really, can you point me in right direction? <am not going to use it to argue the toss with anyone, am genuinely interested>.

Flatasawitchestit Tue 08-Jan-13 10:31:41

Ok,
I tend to use banana as its a good energy source
Skimmed milk - glassful
Naturally low fat yoghurt - few tbsp but if you'd like thicker play around with the milk /yog combo
Teeny bit of honey
Handful of oats

Optional : lower fat cottage cheese or peanut butter. Both have good amounts of protein. My OH is a gym bunny and swears by these.

Whizz it up in a blender. Now if you want extra protein, you could add 2 egg whites <boak at the thought> but make sure you wash the shells before cracking. It actually tastes fine, and does give you the added protein.

You can play around with the amounts to suit.

I make up one of these in the morning and put half in fridge for afternoon to go with a snack.

The first one sounds lovely... the cottage cheese/egg whites might take a bit of working up to grin

Thanks Flat! Are the oats just normal rolled/porridge oats?

RandallPinkFloyd Tue 08-Jan-13 10:33:37

Thoroughly agree that exercise isn't important just yet! (don't actually own a pair of trainers [ashamed face])

So can I genuinely just walk a bit quicker with the dog for now? <hopeful>

Dying at pinots portion controll!

Flatasawitchestit Tue 08-Jan-13 10:34:22

I just use cheapo rolled oats!

shine0ncrazydiamond Tue 08-Jan-13 10:36:45

Oh feel free to argue with me grin

Check out a site called minimins and go to the JUDDDD forum. < Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet - it's the same thing , all intermittent fasting >... I truly believe it's GREAT if you stick to the proper guidelines and eat healthily etc... but all it's doing is creating a calorie deficit same as day to day old fashioned calorie counting. So, if you don't stick to the limits, you won't lose. And weight loss is slow < faster if you have a lot to lose, however > .....

This thread is not accepting new messages.