New Year Shred Bootcamp

(251 Posts)
TooImmatureMincePies Fri 04-Jan-13 12:00:41

To run concurrently with BIWI's Low Carb Bootcamp - the 30 Day Shred challenge! Come and chat about all things Shred here, and feel free to moan talk about other types of exercise too.

Oh God, now I actually have to do it! <wibbles>

TooImmatureMincePies Sat 05-Jan-13 12:48:10

Well done you, Mrsrudolph! And well done to you and your DH, Lavender.

I'm going to start today...later, when my lunch goes down a bit.

Notfootball Sat 05-Jan-13 16:52:23

I'm in too! I started on 1st Jan on level 2 because I did 10 days of level 1 in Nov/Dec and couldn't bear to start from the beginning again. Did day 4 today. I completed the shred in 30 consecutive days last year and lost 30 cms all over, definitely worth it.
Like you MrsRudolph, I carry weight around the middle, so hard to shift! I'm also off the booze for the month, roll on February!

TooImmatureMincePies Sat 05-Jan-13 20:55:29

Okay, I did it! <pant pant, gasp gasp> L1D1 down! Did girly push-ups, though - needed to ease myself in gradually. God, I hate the lunges!

PrettyPirate Sat 05-Jan-13 22:35:15

Well done TooImmature !!! It does get easier I seem to remember

diabolo Sun 06-Jan-13 10:27:36

Day 4 today of 30DS and I don't hurt any more.

Does that mean I need to move up to Level 2 already?

TooImmatureMincePies Sun 06-Jan-13 10:46:29

Good for you, Diabolo! I ache all over. blush As far as moving up goes, how easy is it to complete? Can you do all the press-ups properly, and are you following Natalie and getting right into every squat/lunge etc? If you are, I would say move up, but if not, I would stay at Level 1 for a bit longer. I once tried Level 2 and it is much harder - you need pretty strong arms/core to manage the bloody jumping press-up things.

Notfootball Sun 06-Jan-13 10:56:36

Well done Diabolo! I second Too, it's advised to do ten days on each level to maximise your strength before moving on to the next one. Level 2 is actually the hardest of the 3 so I would recommend that you continue on level 1 but if you feel ready for a challenge then go for it.

Just read this to motivate me to do day three of L1 shred. I have a short break before going back to work so trying to fit in some good habits in the next 2 weeks. I am trying to do ww using an unofficial pro points app. Not great at managing portion sizes but at least I am eating more mindfully and refusing seconds and reducing carbs. I have a big birthday in May and a holiday late June. I would love to lose 2.5 stone as on my 5 ft 1 frame it is a lot of excess. Currently a size 16 with a lot of wobble. I am making do with food cans rather than proper hand weights just now which is a bit of a cop out but will get some light weights this week.

NoelHeadbands Sun 06-Jan-13 12:50:02

Omg I'll do it then, if I MUST

<throws self around dramatically>

I have the DVD, I'll start tomorrow <sob>

Yoghurty Sun 06-Jan-13 13:18:17

Ok, can you count me in too, please? I'm starting the LC bootcamp tomoro with everyone else- and just completed my first shred workout.

I found it manageable but couldn't do the bicycle crunches at all! I now feel a bit shaky and already a bit achy (I haven't done any exercise except walking the dogs for MONTHS) but I need to do this- I'm getting married this year and want to look good in my photographs- and obviously feel better and be healthier grin

How many consecutive days do you all shred on?

diabolo Sun 06-Jan-13 14:00:05

I thought I should stay on L1 for at least 10 days, so I will and just push myself harder and "do" Natalie all the time,

Thanks for the advice.

TooImmatureMincePies Sun 06-Jan-13 14:00:40

I'm not sure, Yoghurty - I have heard that you're supposed to have the odd rest to let your body recover, but I'm not sure how often. Anyone know? Congratulations on being engaged!

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 14:31:31

Well I bought some new scales today. I am starting tomorrow with the shred and the low carb boot camp. So last glass of wine tonight, last roasties..

I've downloaded the shred onto my iPad so I can hide in the bedroom and do it. Even my ds age 5 can do proper pressups it's embarressingsmile

froufroulala Sun 06-Jan-13 15:22:58

Looked at the shred on level 1 on youtube (thanks Cathy) yesterday. Started today & didn't get past the warm ups blush !! Am so so unfit it really opened my eyes. Will carry on but will be so slow compared to all of you,

NoelHeadbands Sun 06-Jan-13 15:47:15

You won't be slow compared to me froufrou I promise

Lavenderhoney Sun 06-Jan-13 17:13:12

Or me, I used to run 5k in less than 30 mins. I can barely lumber to the scales nowsmile

abbierhodes Sun 06-Jan-13 19:16:32

I just did level 1 for the first time. Found it hard going but I finished it and I'm kind of buzzing now! Am determined to complete the 30 days this time round. Am also doing Paul McKenna. I have 3 stone too lose and I'm not stopping until I get there.

abbierhodes Sun 06-Jan-13 19:17:32

Froufrou, the last time I did it I found that some days I completed it and other days I didn't, so don't give up!

TooImmatureMincePies Sun 06-Jan-13 21:26:47

How the hell did it get to be half past 9 and I haven't Shredded yet? <slaps self with wet fish>

Mrsrudolphduvall Sun 06-Jan-13 21:35:12

Am planning to get up about 7 tomorrow and doing it.
I'm at my best first thing.

Will let you know grin

TooImmatureMincePies Sun 06-Jan-13 22:06:48

Did it! Day 2 down. Only 28 to go...

Kracken Sun 06-Jan-13 22:53:57

Ok, I have to admit to a shred fail! BUT, am ill with stomach bug and all shaky and pathetic. Very annoying as was LC weds-fri this week then got ill yesterday and all I can eat is crackers and the odd bit of fruit so now off LC too. Fingers crossed I will be better tomorrow and back on LC!

Well done to everyone who shredded and good luck to those starting tomorrow, I hope to join you soon!!

Brianstorm Mon 07-Jan-13 01:02:19

Count me in - starting at a reasonable hour today...

cafecito Mon 07-Jan-13 01:16:59

Hello, can I join? I bought the DVD in 2010 or 2011, did level 1 for a couple weeks and had noticeable results just from that, then stopped. BUT I intend to start tomorrow morning (ok I intended this on jan 1st, but hey ho..) so will shred first thing. Have bought 2kg handweights from john lewis, had some 1kg ones but they felt too light (have been doing pilates and got stronger since I last shredded)
I'm a bit scaredy though. and have creaky floorboards so I have to do it in my itchen grin

cafecito Mon 07-Jan-13 01:17:43

*kitchen

can I jjust check- it's 10 days level 1, 10 days level 2 10 days level 3 right = 30 consecutive days?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now