(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 06-Jan-13 16:22:03

Hello all 13ers.

I'm on day 5 of no wine, cheese, bread etc. Home from work and hungry. Need to plan my evening meal or I will slip and pick on junk.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Sun 06-Jan-13 17:57:59

Evening all.

cafecito, I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day.

I know what you mean about feeling hungry Shybairns. And I'm finding everything tastes better when I'm actually hungry for it rather than eating for the sake of it.

2 days til I weigh in. I'm hoping for a good loss that'll give me a big incentive to carry on as I am.

CJMommy Sun 06-Jan-13 22:23:58

Evening all!

Have done well today. Even though I had some Pringles and a biscuit, I managed to stop after ONE biscuit and a FEW Pringles. Normally I would plough my way through the entire tube/packet!

I'm 70 cals under my daily allowance and have managed to drink 2litres of sugar fee squash. Not attempted any exercise yet, that will be my biggest potential fail so I am trying to create good habits first before I think about this.

Feeling the need to raid the fridge for cheese so off to bed now smile

NoillyPrat Mon 07-Jan-13 06:34:09

Morning all.

Well done CJMommy smile

5 days 'till weigh in for me. I've done okish over the weekend. Ate the healthy meals I'd planned but had some chocolate too, that was left over from Christmas.

All weekend I was looking forward to having a walk every weekday, but now I really cba. I will go out though and I know I'll feel better for it.

Have a great day all smile

NoillyPrat Mon 07-Jan-13 07:31:41

I know it's not much, but I've just done a 1.26 km fast walk (mapped on mapmyrun.com) At least it's a start. I may get the shred out and do that later too.

DigWeedSow Mon 07-Jan-13 08:46:01

Morning everyone, hope you've had a good weekend.

Been good all weekend until last night when pizza beckoned!
Noilly well done with the walk, I've been the same looking forward to getting out today. Now that it's here I cba either, however it's a dry morning here so there is no excuse really. When DS was younger I walked the school run everyday, I don't think it's a coincidence that my weight gain started when he moved up to secondary school!

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 07-Jan-13 15:10:16

Hello.
Weigh in tomorrow. Hope I've shed my christmas food baby. It was huge.
I woke up at 11 this morning shock too late to go to the gym, and drove in to town. V v bad.
Will do gym tomorrow.

Guitargirl Mon 07-Jan-13 17:20:04

Can I join too? I am about 13 stone 7 (will weigh tomorrow) and need to lose about 4 stone (although anything under 11 stone would be great). I lost 4 stone to get to 10 stone 7 a couple of years ago and have stress ate my way back up to my current weight. I am short and apple shaped so it is so not healthy. At my heaviest I was 14 stone 10 around October time.

I went to the GP about a year ago with chronic fatigue and after a blood test and a scan was told I have the beginnings of a fatty liver. I was supposed to go back for a repeat blood test at the end of last year but haven't lost any weight so too afraid to blush. It's rubbish, I am eating and drinking my way into ill health at the moment. Haven't had a drink since NYE so am going for a dry January.

I would love to be able to wear a nice dress next Christmas. Have a wardrobe full of lovely clothes that won't go up past my knees blush blush. Have actually done ok food wise over the last week or so as I have such bad toothache (have dentist appointment next week) that I haven't felt like eating. Don't recommend it though.

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 07-Jan-13 18:25:51

Hello all.

The weight comes off and the weight goes on, so having a rethink. Have done well today, porridge for breakfast, a banana for snack, very low fat pasta, chicken and pea risottoish (chicken carcass in slow cooker for a few hours with onions, pick meat off and add rice/pasta) another banana and orange and then I am coping with the hours between coming home and eating.

Supper is going to be gammon, cooked in slow cooker and a big wodge of steamed veg with a mustard dressing. Planning to try and do filling and interesting veg sides for supper and cut down on potatoes, pasta and rice.

I walked back from work to the car, quickly, calves and bum muscles ached and out of breath going up the hill.

DigWeedSow Mon 07-Jan-13 18:52:11

Hello,
Went for a walk today and did 30 mins of brisk walking, I can walk quite far but would like to start running and am thinking of starting the couch to 5k, has anyone else done this?

On the food front have been good all day, soup for lunch and salmon with pasta for dinner.

cafecito Tue 08-Jan-13 00:31:58

I had a shockingly bad day, totally fell off the wagon, probably because I ate nothing until about 6pm, then went crazy- now sat here past midnight eating big bags of nuts at my laptop feeling fat!

I did go shopping though (again, not good- lured by nuts and things) but bought spinach, kale, broccoli and asparagus and some more almond milk (haven't started the no dairy yet)- will make sure my fridge is full of healthy things so I have no excuse to stuff my face with whatever I find when I am hungry.

cafecito Tue 08-Jan-13 00:33:38

it was my birthday today hence the comfort eating snacking thing I think (am very stressed at the moment about exams and other things).

Dig I want to start running. I went for a couple of runs before new year and felt great afterwards but could only manage about 2k, and slowly. I want to start the couch to 5k program properly but couldn't find written instructions for it anywhere

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 06:57:25

Well I woke up and weighed myself and put a pound on since last week sad

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 08-Jan-13 06:57:41

and angry

travellingwilbury Tue 08-Jan-13 08:26:38

I am officially rubbish. I have spent all weekend eating my through the Christmas choc sad
I don't even like choc that much . Idiot .

Children are back at school today so I am hoping that today is the start of better things .

Sounds like you have done the same dorset , shall we kick each other ?

DigWeedSow Tue 08-Jan-13 08:52:35

Happy birthday Cafecito birthdays are exempt from dieting wink I've downloaded the c25k podcasts from the NHS site and it gives a week by week description of the plan here

January is a quiet month for me work wise so I'm going to try and get stuck into the plan, I work from home so get very little excersise otherwise.

Had my first weekly weigh in this morning and have lost 4lbs so back to my pre Christmas weight, just the rest to shift now!

travellingwilbury Tue 08-Jan-13 09:50:51

Well done dig ! That is a fab loss in a week .

Right I am going to do the shred of evil next week , I don't think I can face it just yet , I should be able to see a good loss without it this week .

Excuses excuses

travellingwilbury Tue 08-Jan-13 11:19:32

I have officially slipped into the obese category sad very very sad face .

I have joined my fitness pal if anyone is on there and wants to add me . I am called neverthisfatagain .

No more messing about , it has got to be done !

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Tue 08-Jan-13 11:31:30

Well done Dig!

Weighed in this morning and 4 1/2 pounds off. I know this will be mostly fluid but it's a good incentive to stay motivated.

I'm still kicking myself for allowing the weight to creep pile back on when I'd been doing so well back in the autumn. I lost control of it and just didn't really care. Well I certainly care now that none of my clothes fit or look nice. And I weigh the same as I did a few months after I'd give birth!

To my fellow 13ers who are struggling, I hope you can get back on track.

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 11:42:21

I’ve done a quick recce of who’s in and there are 34 of us! I know there are a few similar threads so people may be on both and we’ll have a few drop outs over the weeks once the new year flurry has died down… will it be you? Or me!!!

I’ve made some quick notes (which is either current weight, what you want to lose / goals) underneath and will try to keep this up to date!

So far I have added we have lost 16lbs from those who have posted! If when you note your success, you put the total you have lost, that will make it easier!!

Taggie – you are the OP and as you have 18 months to go, I am with you on an 18 month journey – my goal is to have a BFP though but NEVER be above 15st again even if PG!

TaggieCampbellBlack
16st 7 -18 months to 40 (5st 7)

Jemma1111
2 dress sizes
3ForMe
Never dieted
NeverFullyDressed
1st
Weekipper
79.9kg
Jimswifein1964
3st / 2 dress sizes
Shybairns
12st (10st)
Nyancat
10st 11lb (1 dress size 1 month)
McKayz
16st 9
Boffinmum

OhForFoxSakes

FiveGoMadInDorset
18st 4
JakeBullet
16st 10lb
Travellingwilbury
13.11.5 `3st / next Xmas
Flossy101
1st in 6 weeks
Dawndonna
4st / 4 dress sizes
DeGlitterBug
84kg
EverythingsNotRosie
17st 1lb (5st)
FrazzleRock
Up 2 dess sizes in 3 weeks
OneSliceofSwissCheese

PuggyMum
15st (ttc) (1st in 6 weeks)
NoMoreMarbles
16st 4
CJMommy
11st 1lb 9st 7lb
FunnysInLaJardin
13st 7lb (12st 5 by summer)
2KidsInTow
12st 9 (size 14 in 6 weeks)
DigWeedSow
10st 7 (1st)
DisApostrophe
1stone
SallyBear

NoillyPrat
17st 4lb (6st)
KissMyLuckyEgg
17st 1lb (6st 5lb)
TerraNotSoFirma
13.7 - 14st (11st size 12)
Cafecito
2st 7
Vicky08
13st (9st)
GuitarGir
13st 7lb (under 11st)

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 11:43:38

Well that didn't look as neat as it did in the email I sent! But hopefully you can decipher and I'll try to get it neater next time!!!

travellingwilbury Tue 08-Jan-13 11:50:25

Very impressive !

I do love a list .

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 13:04:56

Thanks travellingwilbury I'm hoping this will help me stay on track this time!!!

I've been really good in that I have tracked everything honestly, even if I've gone over my daily points. I'm still well within my weeklies but then I haven't really had a drink....winewine

I'm starting to feel better and falling asleep at night the minute I hit the pillow!! I didn't make it to body blitz on Saturday but I have been out walking the dogs and was at the gym last night / going tonight.

My boss had the Madhur Jaffrey beetroot curry yesterday and it was lovely... And no points! So I'll be making that this week!!!

My new favourite lunch is melon with Parma ham (I've had grapes and beetroot with it today!) with a drizzle of balsamic glaze!! It works really well as 4 points.

I need to eat regularly to stave off the manic fridge attacks so I've been having oatso simple for breakfast at half six, a ww biscuit bar with my morning cuppa at work, light lunch and muesli before I leave work en route to the gym.... I still had 6 of my daily points left last night so had a mince pie! I bank my activity points!

DigWeedSow Tue 08-Jan-13 13:48:32

Wow, that's some list Puggy , I love the sound of beetroot curry yum!

I'm on MFP as well as doing WW travelling as digweedsow (very imaginative) and will add you.

oneslice Well done right back at ya grin

Did the first run of couch to 5k this morning, not too bad but not a breeze either I can't ever imagine being able to run 5k but will stick with it and see how it goes.

PuggyMum Tue 08-Jan-13 13:54:34

I'm puglady on ww as someone beat me to puggymum!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now