(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

McKayz Wed 02-Jan-13 21:43:33

The Hairy Dieters book is brilliant. Very tasty food and healthy.

Dawndonna Wed 02-Jan-13 21:48:25

Just bought Hairy Dieters. £4.49 at The Book People.
Will be starting on Tuesday when they're back at school, but trying to be more aware, now.

EverythingsNotRosie Wed 02-Jan-13 21:54:31

Two good days here, have stuck to my MFP calories and no bread, cake, sweets, chocs etc, just meals and fruit snacks, and no wine. Probably not so great that one of those meals was alphabites and baked beans! blush Going out for lunch tomorrow and friday at friends and out in the evening on friday as well so those will be a struggle!

PuggyMum Wed 02-Jan-13 22:12:43

Chocolate is easy for me DigWeed! the only chocolate I ever really crave is a bounty when I'm due on! And that's for the coconut inside!

There are still 2 big round bries and a few tasty cheeses.... Now that's a challenge for me!!

I think the key is to allow yourself you have times when you can let it go but get straight back on track as soon as you can. I do so well then have one slip up, then two.... Then I think ah bugger it and before I know it I've undone all my hard work. I get so angry at myself!!!

But we're here. That's the main thing!!

CJMommy Wed 02-Jan-13 23:24:04

Done okay today. Fruit and fibre breakfast, missed lunch as too busy at work (not good, I know) and then homemade lasagne (if dolmio sauce is homemade grin) for dinner.

Grabbed a handful of Pringles when I got home but have logged them along with everything else on MFP.

Am just under on my allowance but only had two glasses of water so need to improve on that .......... Now just to keep this up for the next 150 days wink

Why is it that no matter what goal you input on MFP, it always gives you 1200 cals as a goal?

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Thu 03-Jan-13 06:45:53

Morning all.

Trainers are on for my morning walk, just have to drive 20 minutes to get there grin

have a good day everyone.

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Thu 03-Jan-13 06:48:46

Oh and Puggy, you can freeze the brie, just let it get to the ripeness that you want before you freeze it though as it doesn't continue to ripen wants it has been frozen.

Hi all, can I join you? I'm going to be starting tomorrow as we came back from holiday yesterday and will be going shopping tonight.

This time blush I'm not following a diet as such, just eating less and moving more. I'm going to have 3 healthy meals a day, lots of water, no alcohol in the week (I tend to have just one glass of wine most nights so going to cut it down to just the weekend, if at all) and aim for a walk at least 5 times a week. Must try to use all the exercise equipment I have too that's currently being used as storage blush

I have 8 weeks until I'll be wearing shorts or a swimming costume in Florida and I'm about 6 stone overweight blush so I'm really going to go for it 'till then, then come back to it after, to lose the remaining weight.

Will look at MFP too.

DigWeedSow Thu 03-Jan-13 08:35:26

Hi Pratting I'm doing the same with wine as I've got into the habit of drinking a glass or two most nights, Saturday nights only from now on!

Very envy about your upcoming trip to Florida, you lucky thing!

EverythingsNotRosie Thu 03-Jan-13 08:58:18

My goal is 1440 CJMommy I think that means I am very fat blush. Have just had boiled eggs with ham, coffee and blueberries for breakfast. I am impressed with myself!

I had a good day yesterday an then sat and ate some chocolate coins without even thinking about it! Frigging sabotaging myself!

Any who...I'm off work sick today so I will see how I get on smile

Shybairns Thu 03-Jan-13 09:35:25

Lucky 13, I weighed in yesterday at 12Stone , 6 years ago before the kids I was 9 to 9 and a half stone. 12 feels gross to me. Youngest is nearly 4. Have spent 6 years procrastinating about loosing weight. It has been all talk and no action. Aside from 6 or 7 attempts at dieting and exercise.

Can't spend another year winging, really!

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 10:15:13

Day off today so might be a bit difficult not to pick.
I'll maybe go for a good walk later.

BoffinMum Thu 03-Jan-13 10:20:17

Working up to weighing self is a bit like working up to POAS. grin

PuggyMum Thu 03-Jan-13 12:44:13

Oh thanks * Dorset * for the tip. I'll put the spare stuff in the freezer tonight as its definitely ripe!! That's also a good thing for me as stops me from just cutting a bit off when I feel the urge as it'll be frozen!

I've just been to aldi and bought a melon, grapes, Parma ham and soup. They usually have balsamic glaze which is divine on melon and ham but they didn't have any sad

Sounds really too good but I'm going to body pump tonight so I'll have an early dinner of banana in whole meal pitta and a muesli bar... Then try to just have a piece of toast when I get home.

I need a really good day today after the cheese fest last night!!

Work are having a weekly weigh in which starts today....

Have a good day everyone grin

travellingwilbury Thu 03-Jan-13 15:39:24

How is everyone getting on ? So far so good for me . Boiled egg and slice of toast for breakfast , soup for lunch and I have a beef in ale thing in the slow cooker for tonight .

Keep drinking the water everyone . That really dies make a difference , and I know that half the time I am thirsty not hungry .

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 15:56:52

Been to stock up on fruit and vegetables. Big salad in fridge to pick on.
Been invited out for a meal tomorrow which may be difficult.

DisAstrophe Thu 03-Jan-13 16:10:28

weighed myself and have lost 1lb. But I fluctuate so much over a month that I wont feel I've lost weight till at 4lbs has gone for a least a week.

Have snacked but not as badly as normally but two small glasses of white wine wasn't great either.

today toast and marmite for breakie and humous and rice for lunch plus lots of cups of tea and four after eight mints.

will do a lamb something tonight as have meat from a joint to use up.

Shybairns Thu 03-Jan-13 16:30:25

2 eggs and slice of buttered toast for breakfast.
Ham and tomato sandwich for lunch
6 Mikado choc sticks-snack

Dinner is 2 reduced fat sausages (Sainsbury's butchers choice are best) 5 oven chips and 2 tble spoons of baked beans.

Early night tonight. I'm knackered!!

KissMyLuckyEgg Thu 03-Jan-13 16:44:49

1st WW since 22nd December today, have gained nearly half a stone in the 2weeks away and am back to 17 1 blush sad

Only myself and my cake hole to blame though, now have 6 stone 5lbs to lose, so best get on with it!

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Thu 03-Jan-13 17:07:03

Glad everyone's having a good day on the eating front. I've made a load of soup with veg I had knocking about. I was alright but not that inspiring. Think I need to do some lentil, bean or pearl barley types ones as they have a bit more flavour and substance to them. Am also trying very hard not to pick at DD's leftovers. Haven't done too badly at that today.

Puggy, I'm well impressed you're going to body pump tonight!

DorsetKnobwithJingleBellsOn Thu 03-Jan-13 17:43:01

Back from work, I had porridge for breakfast, left over cheese, potato and goose bake for lunch, two bananas and an orange. I walked just under three miles from the park and ride to work and back. I have resisted the biscuits at work and now getting through the hardest part of the day which i between coming home and eating supper. I also need to get out of the mindset of well I have exercised so I can eat.

supper is spahgetti with runner beans, pancetta and half fat creme fraiche.

We are going on holiday in 6 weeks and I don't want the extra belt.

DigWeedSow Thu 03-Jan-13 18:43:23

Good evening everyone! Quite a good day today, fruit salad for breakfast, butternut soup for lunch and a quorn grill and loads of veg for dinner. I did sneak in a few left over Christmas chocs mid afternoon though blush

Going out for lunch tomorrow with Dsis so I suspect that I won't be having quite as good a day!

DisAstrophe Thu 03-Jan-13 20:19:25

ok so it all went wrong when I ate a finger of fudge at five pm then and had two portions of lamb goulash for my tea. Now trying to pretend I don't feel peckish sad

TaggieCampbellBlack Thu 03-Jan-13 20:29:22

Healthy choices. (my new mantra)

Occasional treats are allowed. Just don't overdo it and stuff your face with crap all day every day.

Herb tea not glass of wine.

Apple or seeds not lump of cheese

Bowl of veg or salad not cheese sandwich, crisps, biscuit, cake and cheese.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now