(476 Posts)
TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 01-Jan-13 06:54:40

16st 7

shock

TaggieCampbellBlack Mon 04-Feb-13 17:25:51

I suspect I have put on rather a lot. Bad bad Taggie.
Stressy week though. Must try harder.

OneSliceOfSwissCheese Mon 04-Feb-13 18:46:54

Can't bring myself to get back on the scales blush

Shybairns Mon 04-Feb-13 20:55:37

Need a pep talk. Had a week off and ate loads. Was supposed to start a fresh today and it hasn't happened.

Haven't slept at all well the past two nights. Feeling under pressure with Divorce getting messy and my college course needing focus too.

Not to mention the DCs and running the house etc.

I did so well for three weeks. Lost 5 and a half pounds.

Someone kick me up the arse?!

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Feb-13 07:09:23

Morning all, painfully slow but I am happy to record another loss, albeit slightly over .5lb. I started on NYD at 18.4.6, went up the first week and now 18.0.6. Hopefully next week it will go down the stone bracket.

Anyway work calls, hope everyone has a good day.

TaggieCampbellBlack Tue 05-Feb-13 07:39:36

Up2

Not surprised, after the chocolate, cheese, pizza, bread, wine, beer, hot cross buns etc.

Just shows you can't stuff your face and lose weight.

DigWeedSow Tue 05-Feb-13 13:24:48

Firstly, congratulations Puggy what fantastic news, after ttc for 18 months you must be over the moon!

Official weigh in today..... 9st 12lb, that's 2lb lost in the last week and only 5lb to my target weight of 9st 7lb. Have tried to be good this week as I've got a christening on Sunday (me and DH are the godparents) and the trousers I'm wearing were a little on tight side. I haven't tried them on again yet so hoping that all this abstinence has paid off!

Shybairns Tue 05-Feb-13 15:10:04

Well done DigWeedSow! You're sounding strong.

I'm phyching myself up to getting back in control. DCs being picked up by their Dad and sleeping there tonight. I had a bacon sandwich at about 10am. And a tube of smarties at about 11 blush.. Not eating again till really hungry.

Good round up Puggy smile
5% sounds good to me, scales hovering just in between 13 1lb and 13 2lb, so not much of a loss this week.
A big push this week to be under 13 by next Tuesday.

Everyone is doing so well. We'll be fab by summer.

Hold the phone, how did I miss that? CONGRATS PUGGY grin

Shybairns Tue 05-Feb-13 17:33:37

Just tried out some beginners Yoga, following a video on youtube. I think I liked it! Looking at some videos it seems very fast. Moving fluidly from one move to the next, which I didn't expect. But I think I will try the total beginners ones a few more times.

DigWeedSow Tue 05-Feb-13 18:44:56

Thanks Shybairns I'm loving yoga atm and have been to 1 1/2 hour class today which my thighs are complaining about! this youtube video is a good starting point as its quite easy to follow and is a good way to start the day smile

Guitargirl Wed 06-Feb-13 10:30:21

Morning everyone, weigh-in day for me was yesterday but I didn't get a chance to post yesterday. I was 1 pound down at 12 stone 10.75 pounds. Had a bit of a disastrous weekend food-wise, total carb-fest on Saturday to nurse me through a hangover and then 6(!) packets of crisps and half a packet of chocolate digestives and 2 ice-creams on Sunday. Oh dear. blush. Anyway, am hoping for a significant loss next week so am trying to be good this week. We are away over the weekend though for a family birthday so we'll see...

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 09-Feb-13 12:57:41

Where is everyone? This fell off the bottom of my active convos. Anyway, weekedn going OK at the moment, managed to stay under 18st for two mornings and a quietish weekend planned so I am hopeful for Tuesday.

Hey, I'm here.
Will be weighing in on Tuesday but think I may be heading in the wrong direction this week sad
Have been eating crap and lots of it.

Shybairns Sat 09-Feb-13 20:31:37

Am so envious of you all. I did so well for 3 weeks than a week of illness completely knocked me off course and I haven't been able to get back on track. sad

3 fecking weeks. A pathetic effort.

TaggieCampbellBlack Sat 09-Feb-13 20:37:38

I'm hiding because I've been a bit tense and rubbish.

Must do better. Nights again next week which will help. And lent. I shsll give up everything for lent again.

PuggyMum Sat 09-Feb-13 21:43:22

I lost 1.75 this week which takes me to 14st 3.5. 10.5lbs and over 5% body weight lost! Now I'm not drinking wine and have additional incentive staying under points is much easier!

Although I did have 'doorstop bread' toast for breakfast today!!

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 10-Feb-13 13:45:13

Hi! Is there room for another not so little one on this thread? Been calorie counting and mfp since new year but struggling a bit now and could do with some moral support. Have lost 13lb since 1/1/13 but dissuading now rather than losing as bad habits have crept in...

TaggieCampbellBlack Sun 10-Feb-13 13:51:56

Always room for more. 13lbs is great.

Shybairns - i'm just the same. Dedicated for 3 or 4 weeks then back to normal. That 1 stone comes off, then creeps back on, then off, then on...........

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 10-Feb-13 14:58:39

Thanks. I lost my way this week when i stopped mfp ing... Its not so much the actual calorie counting on mfp, more that it spa me from mindless eating which started to creep in this week. I have another 7lb or so to go, ideally before the end of the month as its my birthday and I'm going to a spa wearing a swimsuit but that's maybe not realistic...

Shybairns Sun 10-Feb-13 15:25:01

So have reminded my self of why I want to shift this excess weight.

I want to be slim enough to enjoy fashionable clothes,
I want to be confident of my appearance,
I am a single woman with 2 DCs. Need to look my best if I ever want to attract a nice man
I have a holiday in Menorca booked for June. First foriegn holiday since DCs and their first time on a plane. I wasnt to be happy in a swimming costume all day and wear lovely summer dresses too.

I know the feminists reading those points will be horrified. And I'm not altogether happy with a couple of them my self. But I am being honest.

Starting again tomorrow!!

(why not today?? Because I have wine open in the fridge and I can't bear to pour it out!!)

DancingInTheMoonlight Sun 10-Feb-13 15:45:13

I think losing weight only will work if the reasons for doing it matter to you as its a big commitment and change. In the past i tried to lose weight for 'health' reasons but being honest with myself and friends and admitting I'm losing weight for vanity reasons has actually been more of a motivating factor this time round!

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 10-Feb-13 20:42:04

Shybairns - nothing wrong with your list, my aim is to walk in any shop on our high street and be able to buy something from them. We are on holiday from next Friday.

Was doing OK until today, had friends over for lunch, so wine, crisps and food (very good if I say so myself). I have lost this week but it has slowed down alot as I am coming up to AF time, so pleased that It it staying statci/losing, will see what happens Tuesday.

momb Mon 11-Feb-13 09:03:17

Morning all :-D
It was DPs birthday this weekend so everythng went a bit stilton and port pate/wine/nibbles etc. My weight this morning is 197lb, so only 2lb off in spite of great efforts at the beginning of the week. The stakes are particulalrly high since this weekened because I need to lose all this weight so I can start wedding dress shopping!! grin grin grin

Hello can I join in I'm only a week into it but so desperate to be slim by summer, can't believe how big I've let myself get and totally depressed by it.
I've done eight days of mfp. And lost about 3lbs.
Slightly complicated by having my steroids upped again so difficult.
Wine is my big downfall so trying to avoid it completely at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now