Happy New Year! Happy New Paul McKenna Thread Number 11. Healthy Weight Loss Without Restricting Your Enjoyment Of Food! Come Join The Paulettes For Support And Chat.

(980 Posts)
GoodKingWenSOLOslas Tue 01-Jan-13 03:58:46

Welcome to thread 11 of the Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin weight loss system.

The Golden Rules that will aid you on your journey with our like minded support system are:

1. Eat what you WANT
2. Eat when you are HUNGRY
3. Eat CONSCIOUSLY
4. STOP eating when you are satisfied and full

This weight loss system is about re-educating your body; learning to listen to it and in doing so losing weight and inches. After all, eating a meal is not a competition.
Many people have issues around food. Many of us have been brought up by the 'clear your plate' parents of yesteryear which leave us feeling guilty if we leave even the smallest morsel of food, but we are working through this guilt or any other hang up we might have, and we are learning to leave a bit on the plate; return to it another time if we really want to or even feed it to the dog or the bin!
So!! forget diets; they may work for a while, but they aren't permanent solutions. This is a new way of living for your brand new life!!

The Paul McKenna system really works and is easy to maintain.

I've C&P'd our previous threads links as they are helpful.

Here are the book choices on AMAZON which is all you need to get started! they aren't compulsory, but they do help! it's something to refer to and listening to the cd's can really focus you.

This is the tapping technique EXPLAINED - this can be useful to combat cravings.

You don't have to buy the book and CD, but we have found that they do help and somehow they keep you on track, so it would probably be a good investment and will cost you far less than a couple of trips to WW or SW meetings, so do consider having them in your life.

Please feel free to join us, whether it's 10lbs or 10 stones you want to lose.
We are friendly, supportive and successful, but we're not hungry OH NO we're not!!! so come on in and start living your new life today and make 2013 your year to drop a dress size or several.

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Mar-13 11:15:16

BBB don't go; its okay to have exchanges of views isn't it? we've always done it. As long as it doesn't turn into a thread with personal insults etc. I'm staying. We're grown up enough for a disagreement not to be taken personally grin

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Mar-13 11:16:25

No one has said you're failing have they?

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Mar-13 11:17:05

I'm very sorry if it sounded like that sad

FlatsInDagenham Wed 27-Mar-13 11:24:45

I have only skimmed the book so far and thought hard about the rules. Makes a lot of sense.

The tough thing is listening to your body properly when you (and by 'you' I mean 'me'!) have been so used to either denying yourself what you want or bingeing on stuff you don't really want ... Communications between my brain and body seemed to break down years ago!

Any tips on listening to your body's nutritional needs?

Also, do you all listen to the CD every day? I haven't listened to it yet.

HavingALittleFaithBaby Wed 27-Mar-13 11:33:50

BBB don't go! I think it's got a bit OTT about semantics but we're all striving for the same thing....

Hello to Flats. I'd recommend reading the book in depth....as a serial dieter I really struggled to start with what you're asking. I think it just took time and conscious effort to recognise what my body was saying. I try to have 'healthy' options at home like fruit to snack on too.

Great news - been scanned this morning and baby is head down! Lump is its bottom and legs smile so we're set for a natural albeit with pain relief labour!

ppeatfruit Wed 27-Mar-13 11:38:36

Flats One thing I did to really 'get' it is to eat slowly and count between 15 and 30 chews with each mouthful, even close your eyes to get the full 'taste experience'

At the beginning it 's a good idea to listen to the CDs every day when you have the time of course. Oh and the trance works even when you think you are asleep grin

"If you keep falling off the wagon and starting again and then say that the plan doesnt work , well maybe you are then failing the plan not the plan failing you. Just a thought. "

Perhaps I am just a bit sensitive but that seems to me to be accusing me of failing. Not only that but I have apparently said the plan doesn't work confused. I'm not leaving as such (i want to know how you lot get on). Its more that I don't think I am getting much out of this at the moment so I think it is better if I stick to passing the time of day and keep away from Pauling (which is daft since that is the thread is all about). I am probably better off just getting on with it alone without being told I am doing it all wrong. Thankfully I don't need the validation of others or that much support these days, which is probably just as well.

I'll shut up now. I don't want to make this all about me or to appear to be having a flounce. It really isn't - maybe for me, the thread has simply run its course. We shall see. smile

I wish you all the best. Happy Pauling.

chinhealer Thu 28-Mar-13 08:17:32

BBB - I hope you don't decide to leave for good! I know there is value in the camaraderie and encouragement we can all find on here.

And, aside from the few reservations that I have expressed about PM's approach, I think there is real value to his Golden Rules. I have them (and him) to thank for absolutely revolutionizing my attitude towards food and my eating habits and my (ongoing) weightloss/fatloss.

Also, when articulating one's thoughts and opinions online, it can be very easy to appear insensitive or finger-wagging when that is not one's intention.

Equally, I think it is important for us all to recognize that, in spite of what PM says, even his system is not one-size-fits-all. Each of us will tweak it to a greater or lesser extent according to our individual needs and wants and personalities and circumstances and etc...

ppeatfruit Thu 28-Mar-13 09:22:18

Morning allgrin I just had another thought ref. getting in tune with your body Flats when you DO eat really consciously and slowly you actually taste the food and stuff like creme eggs are impossible to eat 'cos they're SOOO sweet yeuch!

Also real hunger or need for food comes from your stomach and in my case craving comes from your mouth (hence all P.M.'s tapping techniques to deal with the cravings I find they work well)

BBB Your experience with Pauling is valuable the newbies need all the input they can get (i'm going to be off for the hols) so have a lovely Easter everyone grin

Chinhealer - I am with you about the reservations or at least the need to be sensible when applying the rules (i.e. don't eat everything you want regardless but consider a more healthy option from time to time). Some seem to be taking exception to that though. If I wanted to do a diet, rigid adherence to the rules would be fine but that isn't in the spirit of this method imo and most definitely not what I want.

ppeat - have a good break. smile

Solo Sat 30-Mar-13 22:11:59

Oh dear! what's occurring?! BBB don't go shock You are doing very well on this WOE. I too don't wish to 'diet' and will never go on a diet again! you should stay. Definitely!!

I'm not staying people as I'm shattered and up again for work, plus we lose an hour tonight.

Hope you are all doing well. never! fantastic my dear! that is my own aim to be 12 stone something smile

Keep up the good work and stay friends please!!! smile

nevergoogle Sun 31-Mar-13 11:58:42

yes, 12 stone anything is what my first goal is.

12 and half is the next goal.

Rulesgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 17:30:04

Not really sure whether this is a Paul McKenna I can make you thin thread or not.confused. From the opening I thought it was but having read the latest threads some of you are saying that Pauls 4 Golden Rules don't work exactly as written in the book. I started doing this at Christmas and do the 4 Golden Rules exactly and it works because isn't it just like eating like someone without food issues or weight issues???? I used to get stressed about whether I was eating healthily or eating to much etc then I found PM and he made me see that if you start worrying about whether what your eating is so called "healthy" or not will only lead you back to food issues again. If you follow the rules you will never eat too much and you will naturally choose a wide variety of food, not just junk food. Some of what has been said on the thread recently will only make people think this method doesn't work and will put people back in "diet" mode. If I can ask has anyone on here actually lost all their weight using this method? Please don't think me rude its just that since I have started this way of eating the weight is coming off and it has really changed my life.

nevergoogle Sun 31-Mar-13 18:04:58

i agree that the recent discussions on this thread are not helpful. the paul mckenna rules are just fine imo, because naturally the 'eat what you want' will shift towards healthier options anyway.

i'm just starting out rulesgirl, but 10.5lbs gone so far.

Rulesgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 18:25:46

Hi never, thanks for that. I was beginning to feel that this process wouldn't work with the rules as they are. I find that listening to the cd and just doing the rules, that like you I naturally eat loads of fruit and veg etc. I think its because I know I can have chocolate or biscuits or sweets if I really wanted it. I have found that I don't seem to eat a lot anyway with this woe. Think its because im completely satisfied and not bothered about food anymore. Its great.

Rulesgirl Sun 31-Mar-13 18:26:58

And never, how brilliant your weight loss is. Im more inspired now to keep going. Thanks.

nevergoogle Sun 31-Mar-13 19:10:34

once upon a time, through my 20s, i was slim, food wasn't an issue for me and i ate what I wanted. I was a size 10 and don't remember ever feeling hungry. i know that I used to eat the paul mckenna way so really identify with what he says.

Fluer Sun 31-Mar-13 19:31:39

Hi, can I join to please. I started PM a few weeks ago and also find that it works brilliantly doing the "Four Golden Rules" smile and the Cd of course. I too used to eat this way naturally when I was younger and was slim and happy. It was only when I did a diet that it all went pear shaped IYKWIM. I have been lurking for a while but also wasn't sure that some of the people on the thread actually believed Paul McKenna worked by just following the Rules as they are and you eat healthy, when you eat what you want you always find that you end up wanting fruit, and yummy broccoli as well as Big Macs (or is that just me ) smile

ppeatfruit Mon 01-Apr-13 16:53:04

Fluer grin Of course you can join. He does give people the tools to deal with cravings along with the 4 rules so fluidity is important IMO. I've never been on a proper cal. counting diet but I DO KWYM because My DD2 did the same as you but sad although she has the books and attended the seminar she hasn't given it a proper go.

ppeatfruit Mon 01-Apr-13 16:54:31

[bussmile] I just saw the Easter bunny emoticoms!!

ppeatfruit Thu 04-Apr-13 10:30:00

Is anybody there? Morning and I hope you'll had a good easter and ate your eggs consciously and slowly and only when you were REALLY hungry!! grin grin

ppeatfruit Fri 05-Apr-13 13:19:57

HELLOOO !!!!!!!!!

nevergoogle Fri 05-Apr-13 15:58:03

still here ppeatfruit!

i don't think i'm doing so well keeping to the rules this week as off work and my whole routine is all to wack. glad i'm back to work next week so I can get back to the way things were working for me.

when is the summer coming? this cold weather is making me feel shivery.

ppeatfruit Fri 05-Apr-13 16:34:23

Hello never grin Well it's easter too so there's always extra stuff about which is very tempting in our case too blush.

I try to do dancing about the kitchen or whatever to keep the shivers at bay! its cold here too.

ppeatfruit Fri 05-Apr-13 16:35:21

Sorry too many 'too's' !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now