Stone by April for sister's wedding, who is with me??!

(67 Posts)
MABS Sun 30-Dec-12 13:10:18

Very simple really... need to lose weight and now i have a deadline. I plan to do it by exercising a couple of times per week, I belong to a gym but never damn well go! Am also going to cut down all food and, most importantly, wine! Not going to ban things, coz i know that makes me want them more if that makes sense??!! anyone care to join me and tell me off when I need it, and I will need it I assure you ...

MABS Tue 15-Jan-13 07:05:59

sorry for silence, too embarassed to post, been total disgrace, going to try to see a pt later in week. am disgusted by myself.

Purpleknickers Tue 15-Jan-13 08:23:14

Aww Mabs no don't be disgusted its just a blip you can do this just start again forget the last week and onwards and upwards.

None of us are perfect , why should you be? x

MABS- you're not a disgrace. I don't think that considering yourself bad or good based on what you eat ever helps. For me at least, part of succeeding in losing weight, is being able to separate food and emotion (not that I have achieved this myself, but its part of my long term goal)

Its just food. So you ate (drank?grin )lots today/this week/last year, tomorrow is a new day, if you stay within your goal, great, if not, don't berate yourself, in the long run that will lead to a worse relationship to food and probably more overeating.

All that said, I weighed myself today to find I am exactly the same. weight and inches.sad incredibly disheartened I ate the defrosting mini eclairs and went to the chippy. start again tomorrow.grin

MABS Tue 15-Jan-13 17:59:42

thanks girls - really appreciate your kind supportive words.Havent eat too badly, just far too many glasses of wine I'm afraid..

Purpleknickers Wed 16-Jan-13 08:51:01

Wine.. my biggest downfall I think If i went teetotal I would be thin but I just cant do it.

Trying hard to just drink socially in moderation now sad

MABS Wed 16-Jan-13 16:35:20

me too Purple sad

marieainsy Thu 17-Jan-13 20:05:07

I'm in I really need to lose wait I'm 12 stone now and really want to be 9 or 10 so worship I can do it by March because I'm going to a wedding

MABS Fri 18-Jan-13 08:04:07

seeing personal trainer this afternoon, long as weather doesn't stop it (please!!)

AlanMoore Fri 18-Jan-13 08:16:48

Ooooh would love a personal trainer! Enjoy.

Just weighed myself. 2lb ON? Despite eating less and exercising more? Oh ffs biscuit

Think I'm going to stay off the scales. My boobs are enormous this week as baby has been feeding during the night so maybe it's that. Clutch that straw!

MABS Fri 18-Jan-13 14:31:27

sure it is the feeding really. PT canx, weather terrible her, dd made big full english, ate the lot sad

I've lost it altogethersad bad weather- I live very high up so no transport, roads around for 6 miles closed and can't open front door as snow higher than letterbox. Salad run out, so I made pasties, lasagna and cake. Cold weather food. Fattening foodsad

MABS Sat 19-Jan-13 08:51:30

me too pregnant

AlanMoore Sun 20-Jan-13 20:43:13

My H cup bra is tight but jeans looser so will blame the baby. He gave me his d&v bug though, that's got to be good for a pound or two...

The weather is not conducive to slimming though, my skinny DP has been troughing hot chocolate and cake.

MABS Mon 21-Jan-13 11:07:58

eaten all bloody w/e!

well I've just found out I've a wheat intolerancesad has been causing me problems for years.

so in light of the fact that I now have to cut out pasta, bread, cake etc I'm going to start low carbing. Then at least I can have butter and cheesegrin still intending to lose the weight, but if any mfp friends notice my sudden strange eating this explains itgrin onwards and upwards (well downward in weight hopefully)

Purpleknickers Wed 23-Jan-13 09:27:55

Bleugh 3rd weigh in and stayed exactly the same sad I have been sticking rigidly to my calories too. i seem to have the sort of body that loses for two weeks then stays the same for a week or two then lose for a couple and repeat ... I know I should just think that is what it does but I feel very meh today

MABS Sun 27-Jan-13 15:30:08

put on a pound sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now