New mummies with wibbly tummies.

(1000 Posts)
ValiumQueen Fri 28-Dec-12 08:59:27

All new mummies welcome. Any exercise and/or weight loss programme acceptable, so long as it is healthy.

crazypaving Tue 29-Jan-13 12:18:40

pasties you're right but I suspect the only reason I haven't gained is cos ds2 fed all night and I was probably dehydrated when I weighed myself. I certainly deserve to have gained, I've been comfort eating all week sad still today is a new day and I'm doing ok so far. ds1's behaviour is pushing me towards the chocolate cupboard but I have resisted so far!

Pikz Tue 29-Jan-13 20:46:18

Need to find my pedometer. Have been lazy this week sad

NotSoNervous Tue 29-Jan-13 22:06:07

Well done to all that have lost this week

I've lost another 3lb so that makes my total of 5lb with another 9lb to go. I've been swimming so far and planning a big walk tomorrow so hopefully that will help this week

INeedThatForkOff Tue 29-Jan-13 22:15:47

Well done NotSo. Any of you with a bit more to lose still here?

Iheartpasties Wed 30-Jan-13 05:50:36

I'm hoping to shift another 10 kg!

YellowWellies Wed 30-Jan-13 10:52:31

I want to lose another 15lb. Did 13500 steps yesterday trying to get my nap avoider to sleep. In the rain. Ate a big bag of wine gums whilst trudging, sopping wet round the park. whoops.

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Wed 30-Jan-13 11:25:26

Rubbish day today. Was late for work, so grabbed a Starbucks yoghurt/muesli thing with compote in the bottom- you know, the ones that they market as healthy but are probably about 1000 cals grin. Then I went to a lunch meeting and they had a pizza/pasta/salad buffet (like Pizzaland but this was actually nice so I was not as restrained as I should have been), with coffee and petit fours afterwards. Then I had a coffee and a giant choc chip cookie mid-afternoon. Trying to haul it back with baked salmon and salad tonight.....but I really really want a glass of wine. Boo. Might just write today off

On the upside, I had my eyebrows threaded and they look good. I was slightly nervous that they'd go overboard and I'd end up having to pencil them back in, but I'm happy to report that they're still there, just slimmed down and more archy.

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 30-Jan-13 13:12:47

Snap yw I have about that as a must. And extra 7lbs wouldn't go amiss but I can plod away at that slowly.

Hairy Dieters Cassoulet tonight yum yum yummer.

Think if am careful have enough calories left to have a wine for my horrible cold!

Sophiathesnowfairy Wed 30-Jan-13 13:13:49

richman I would write today of as a loss too if I were you. Except for the eye rows!!

Iheartpasties Thu 31-Jan-13 10:23:42

I need a good day tomorrow. I've bought the hairy dieters book, so I shall peruse it and find something to try out. I think I'll try for a nice long walk tomorrow, some housework and healthy eating. I'm hoping for a loss this week but I've had two days where I kinda forgot I was trying to loose weight!?

INeedThatForkOff Thu 31-Jan-13 10:57:16

Glad to see I won't be on my own just yet.

It's my WI day and I've lost 2 1/2 lbs this week, bringing my 4 week total to 6lbs 8oz which I'm really pleased with. I've said on another thread that I barely feel like I'm trying. I'm using all my WW points and all my weekly allowance. I'm not denying myself anything - I'm just weighing and measuring so I'm learning about portion control. No 'diet' foods or WW products, just a bit of whatever I fancy. I haven't even had time to exercise with a 3 month old and a marking contract, so I'm hoping to do just as well next month when I can really get moving.

My milk supply is absolutely fine. I know some people swear that BFing makes the weight drop off, but it doesn't work like that for me. I didn't start losing weight last time round until I started WW when DD was six months, so I'm glad I've started sooner this time.

Right, enough navel gazing. Keep at it everyone, I'm off to update my stats.

Pikz Thu 31-Jan-13 13:32:22

Woooohooo 11st2lb aim to get under 11st in next couple of weeks.

I am trying to eat better and getting there slowly. Mines more about actually eating meals rather than snacking.

crazypaving Thu 31-Jan-13 19:50:20

I am really not doing well. Really good to read about everyone losing so much weight though, it's fantastic!

I just can't get past the issue of food being my one pleasure at the moment. It's my reward, comfort and de-stressor all in one. I need to find some healthier foods that fit the bill, somehow. The trouble is, healthy rewarding food for me includes things like berries, cherries etc which are expensive and have a short shelf-life - can't really afford it.

Maybe I should join WW...I think the points thing might work for me....but am afraid of committing to something like that and failing at it. Great attitude eh?!

INeedThatForkOff Thu 31-Jan-13 20:42:52

crazy, I know I bang on about WW but I would recommend giving it a go online. If you do it through topcashback at the moment they effectively give you £10 to do the three month membership (grr, better than the free deal I got!) I'm doing it and using the app a lot.

If you're still EBF you have 40 PPs plus 49 weeklies which, honestly, is loads. There aren't any specific foods or restrictions either, and most fruit and veg is 'free'.

crazypaving Fri 01-Feb-13 09:05:33

thanks fork have joined! thank god for mobile app or I'd never manage to log everything. yesterday I logged retrospectively after a truly terrible day and had used 59 points!!!! yikes. on the straight and narrow now I hope...

INeedThatForkOff Fri 01-Feb-13 10:09:24

So that's still 30 weeklies left - 5 a day until WI. It was my sister's birthday yesterday and we had a massive roast dinner and some choc fudge cake. I had a bit of Guinness and some Coke too. Pointed it all though, and like you I've got 30 weeklies left over 6 days smile

crazypaving Fri 01-Feb-13 14:22:15

yeah that's a pretty good system actually! what's shocking me is how little breakfast cereal a portion is. I have to eat about three portions to feel like I've eaten properly shock confused

INeedThatForkOff Fri 01-Feb-13 17:02:22

I've been having Sainsbo's own version of Oats So Simple which is 3pp for the oats, and I have a 3pp allowance if skimmed milk for the day (I prefer it, had it for years). The porridge sells nicely for a satisfying portion.

Otherwise I have two Weetabix, sweetened with a banana; again 3pp.

Iheartpasties Sat 02-Feb-13 04:29:13

we'll need a new thread pretty soon! I am looking at a loss this week, just gotta be good for another day and a half! I can only focus week by week atm, it's too scary to think about my goals just now! I have been tidying my bedroom up a bit - I normally have a massive pile of clothes all on the floor - my floordrobe?! And I've been tackling that, and my god I cannot believe how many clothes I own at the moment!! I can't wait to get rid of a few bits and get new when I've slimmed a bit more. I've been viewing my housework as exercise!

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Sat 02-Feb-13 04:38:58

Yep- 999th poster has to start the new thread and come up with a witty title- no pressure grin

I've had a bit of a mediocre few days but no "sod it" blowouts and I reckon I might have lost a pound, mainly cos last week I rounded up to 10st 1lb, so if I round down this week I can slap myself on the back.

crazypaving Sat 02-Feb-13 11:43:22

uh oh, the pressure on the 999th poster may kill the thread!!

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Sat 02-Feb-13 12:29:16

It's like playing 21's

INeedThatForkOff Sat 02-Feb-13 15:24:31

floordrobe, I like it. Start putting bits on eBay and save your takings for a couple if nice new slinky things.

So, who's posting next?!

utopian99 Sat 02-Feb-13 20:34:27

After feeling really happy about the way i looked for 5 weeks post birth (out at a friend's 30th, first time I've dressed up since he was born,) i weighed myself this morning and have put on 2.5lbs. Really pissed off and down- I can't get any real time to exercise because ds wakes up after 5 miss if I put him down in the day, sling walking only does so much, and none of the post natal exercise/dance groups will take me yet as I'm not 6 weeks. Dh says there's a big difference but i know i don't look the same as before yet. I really love ds and wouldn't resent him in any way but HOW do i get more exercise? And I'm bloody starving all the time.

Iheartpasties Sun 03-Feb-13 21:32:59

This thread is not accepting new messages.