Fitbug? Fitbit? Or another gadget?

(13 Posts)
Snowkey Fri 11-Jan-13 08:34:56

And if you paid by credit card chances are that your purchase is insured against loss and damage for a short period after purchase.

I'm terrified of giving mine a washing machine bath.

deliasmithy Thu 10-Jan-13 23:53:34

I loved my fitbit... Until it fell off! Never saw it again. It really motivated me to get moving.
Gladly they were on Groupon recently so replacement is in the post!

Snowkey Thu 10-Jan-13 14:44:26

Ohh let is know how you get on. I'm surprised that I burn 2100kcal a day without exercising. I had no idea I was that active.

tostaky Thu 10-Jan-13 10:46:36

Just ordered my fitbit!

Snowkey Sat 05-Jan-13 08:15:07

Finally got my fitbit to sync with mfp but it took a lot of research to figure out what was going wrong. Now it's working I'm pretty happy with it, not sure it's worth £80, think a cheaper version would have been almost as good but money's spent now!

WeightyKaty Sat 05-Jan-13 07:20:14

I got one yesterday and it's addictive! I walked 15,000 steps yesterday far more than normal!

Talisin Sat 29-Dec-12 20:32:16

Well yes. Which is why I went with Fitbit rather than the others mentioned.

ihatethecold Sat 29-Dec-12 19:29:51

My fitbit synchs fine and no one sees it as its attached to my bra.
I haven't had to subscribe to anything either.

Talisin Sat 29-Dec-12 12:59:29

I only received my Fitbit yesterday so not really in a position to give it a thumbs up or down yet. I did do a bit of research before buying though and was not at all impressed with what I read about the Fitbug - starting with the subscription, progressing through the difficulty many people seem to have with synching and ending with it not playing with other apps like My FitnessPal (unlike Fitbit). Other ones I looked at were Nike Fuelband and Jawbone Up (not out in the UK till 2013) which looked promising, if expensive, but I didn't really want something that would basically be on display the entire time it was worn, and as you're supposed to wear it all the time....

ihatethecold Sat 29-Dec-12 08:53:07

I got a fitbit at the end of November.
more to keep me active rather than losing weight.

Ive realised that when im at work i barely move.

I am glad i got it though. mine is the ultra so it can track my sleep (not that i have yet)

Snowkey Fri 28-Dec-12 17:18:21

Wow mcbobby, that's an impressive loss, well done! I'm getting a fitbit tomorrow - hoping it'll motivate me to get off my bahookie more often!

McBobby Wed 26-Dec-12 23:16:26

I just got a fit-bit for Christmas so no idea if it's any good.

Current best gadgets for weight loss -

A journal to record everything I eat, plan meals, plan and record any activity.

Pedometer to count steps/miles.

Endomondo app on my phone to track walks and runs.

Whiteboard meal planner on fridge to record meals for the week ahead.

Special tins of treats just for me with stoned on the top that I have to remove every time I fancy a treat.

Current loss 6 stone and 6 pounds.

Good luck!

tostaky Wed 26-Dec-12 22:32:51

I'm planning to buy something to re-start my weight loss...
What do you use and what do you recommend?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now