The Big Fat List and Days Of Diom (TM) Part X - The one with multiple pregnancies shook up with hen do's, Wedding and a sprinkle of stress!

(518 Posts)
ChocolatesSnowAngel Wed 05-Dec-12 07:19:32

Moving in over here girls, the old pad was a tad crowded!!!

Huffpot Tue 30-Apr-13 19:17:12

Hooray for DD choc!

Off into the city Moorefields tomorrow for DS's electrodiagnostic tests. Am hoping he's not too difficult through it as he's only 3 but they should handle it well as its the paedatric department there. Am trying to plan out my food as his appointment is at 1.30 and will take about an hour to get there so will leave super early as don't want to be late. I think I'll save my HEB and bring a ham salad sandwich and fruit smile
WI tomorrow and hopefully a loss to get me closer to my stone

Asda have frylight for £1.98 if anyone needs to stock up

B: Beans on toast and cuppa (orange before)
L: Mushy pea curry and rice (loads of mangetout before)
D: Pork chops, mash and green beans

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 30-Apr-13 23:04:18

good luck huff, I don't understand what that is, but hope it goes well for you and DS.

Will be WI-ing tomorrow, and hope to get back into the SW routine. I had a lovely walk this evening (barring my children trying to kill each other), and it felt good to be out and active. I have inadvertently bought some "toning" trainers (bought from a charity shop because I thought they had orthotic support - which they have, but they are also for toning. Quite knackering walking in them!)

Huffpot Wed 01-May-13 06:40:03

Thanks lady. They think he has glaucoma or megacornea but not sure which one which is what the tests are for. He's going to have sensors put either side of his eyes and one in his head and a wire running in front of his eyes.
He's delighted we're going on the train and that he's going alone with me and leaving his brother at home!

Oh they would make your muscles ache as they make your body move differently

Good luck with WI!

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 01-May-13 13:20:33

good luck huff, it sounds like he's looking at it as an adventure, which should make it easier. hope you get good news.

WI FAB! -2lb on the Wii (although silly MFP says -0.6kg confused but hey, the Wii rules wink). I have just checked back on MFP and I have lost 15lb since the beginning of December last yearsmile AND if I bag a loss next week, I will be in the next stone bracket for the first time since 2011!!!!

Huffpot Wed 01-May-13 13:32:03

Thats brilliant lady!
You should be very proud of yourself grin

Sorry sorry sorry, I missed the posts the last few days.

I've not been on the wagon this week, but hopefully after Saturday things will be less hectic here.

Dh is decorating at the min & it's the kitchen so we're limited to what we can cook!! (mostly been wheaten & soda bread blush)

Huffpot Wed 01-May-13 20:43:52

Mmm soda bread fair

1lb off tonight so 10.5lbs in total
I would have liked a titch more though to crack into the 16 stone bracket though...always next week!

Huffpot Sat 04-May-13 17:30:02

Very quiet in here...

Hope everyone is ok smile

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 07-May-13 00:21:14

hi. just checking in.

had a hmm few days. Not been eating much (due to meds I suppose). DH went away on a temping job on Thurs, but came home late Saturday night for days off, was meant to be going back early tomorrow, but now is not going back til Saturday. It's good he has work, but the uncertaintly doesn't do me any good mentally. Please keep fingers crossed that something comes up at home before then so he doesn't have to go back and we can get some kind of routine going at home...

had a lovely day out today though, and it's been SO hot. I went out in my new favourite outfit (skinny jeans and jumper dress with long-sleeved top under, and my lovely blue shoes) and I nearly overheated to death! (I hate it when my feet are too hot) Should have been in cropped trousers, flip flops and a summery top. Have eaten too much today too.

Huffpot Tue 07-May-13 18:08:46

Its good you're eating again today. Hopefully as your body adjusts to the meds your appetite will level out

I hope a routine and work close to home comes smile

Isnt the weather lovely at the moment? I'm loving putting the beasts in shorts.

Ahhh I'm still stuck in leggings as my jeans won't fit me till I lose the rest of this baby weight!
Hopefully more off at WI tomorrow night!

HELP as I'm just eating myself into a frenzy here. Feel like I'm drowning & I'm not helping myself at all.

DH is on nights at the min and as soon as he goes out the door I delve into the biscuit cupboard. I feel like my confidence has all but deserted me and I'm feeling like there's a black cloud above me once again. Feels shit and the extra weight isn't helping.

I won't make it to group this week as I've a long standing arrangement with a friend to mind her wee ones all day (after I finish work) and I won't get to another class.

Have been applying for more jobs this afternoon and am sick, sore and tired getting no responses.

I'm reasonably intelligent, I think I'm employable, however obviously the companies I'm applying to don't think I'm even worthy of a reply.

I weighed myself this morning - it's not pretty. I need a good shake as the number on the scales didn't scare me enough into taking back control!!

Kick me someone... and maybe tomorrow I'll dig out a food diary and get knuckled down for a week!

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 07-May-13 21:16:11

had an awful day today. no reason, just feeling shitey shite. One day at a time I suppose.

does anyone know the syn value of asda turkey and tomato sausages. Have just got them up on recommendations through an email, and I fancy a change. Also low fat red pepper houmous?

Set my mum an account on MFP today! She is chuffed because she has enough calories left for 2 glasses of red tonightwink

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 07-May-13 21:23:08

No way am I kicking you FHF! You need a <hug>.

Applying for jobs is a soul-destroying business. Try and look at it that you are too good for them because they are too ignorant to even reply to you, so you wouldn't want to work for them anyway.

Can you find something - just one thing - to have for your comfort treat when your H goes to work, so you can savour it and enjoy it, and keep out of the biscuit tin?

Can you take yours and your friends kiddies out to a park and get some "green therapy" and a bit of activity in too?

You look fab in that photo of your flowery dress, don't be too hard on yourself <hug>

The Humous is 1.5 sun oer lebel tbsp. I can't find the sausages - are they new?

I'm seriously considering this 5:2 thing blush

We keep cross posting Lady!!

Yes, I'll take the kids out, though if she leaves all 3 of them I won't have room in the car, but the older two and mine can play outside anyway. I live in the country, but also on a busy main road if that makes any sense at all!! We're up a long lane away from the road, but also rules out cycling or walking unless through rough terrain through sheep and cows grin

I also get what you're saying about changing my school of thought re: companies I've applied to - easier said than done but will try!!

re: treat, I've just thrown half a wheaten in the bin as I'd have sliced it, buttered it and jammed it up & ate it. DH will come in looking for some to tast for his breakfast and I'll have to say it was stale - not that my willpower abandoned me!! blush

I've a food diary sitting here for the morning and am for my bed very soon!!

Thanks for the hugs, some days I just lose all perspective. Thanks for saying I looked nice in the dress - but I felt like a heap on Saturday and felt like I had been shoe horned into it. My MIL never even said I looked nice (despite everyone else saying I did it still rankled that she didn't)

ladyarwenevenstar Tue 07-May-13 21:41:09

sausages

I am due to WI on the Wii tomorrow, and will try a bit harder to eat better. I want to keep losing.

5:2 is OK, I had a go and managed fine with it, but I don't think I really lost weight. But if you look at it from a SW point of view, isn't it really like having your weekly syns in a whole lump and spreading them over 2 days, with 5 strict free food days? You're an inspiration FHF, and have achieved a fantastic loss, plus helped loads of others here and when you were a consultant. Everyone has a little slip-up from time to time, and you are one of the most focussed SW followers I know, you'll get a handle on it again.

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 08-May-13 12:12:01

another 3lb gone and into the next stone bracketsmile

Huffpot Wed 08-May-13 13:36:53

Awww Fair I agree with lady
You will get your head straight and back on track
And you did look lovely in your dress - you're only a titch aren't you? smile

Woohoo! Thats excellent lady. Great loss - I hope I've lost as well tonight

I should as haven't been bad - I actually don't dread getting on the scales at the moment anyway grin

Aw Lady you're just lovely, you too huff xoxoxo

Well done on that brilliant loss Lady!! That's focused me that has!!

I had a friend here today & had a wee apple pie but that's nothing compared to other days smile

Good luck at WI huff.

You're both right - I need to get the SW head back on before it drives me nuts!

Huffpot Wed 08-May-13 21:36:00

As long as we cheered you up a bit fair smile

Ahhh WI tonight sad 0.5lbs on
Really wasn't expecting it but still have purchased scanbran and will fix my SW head firmly on for the coming week

ladyarwenevenstar Thu 09-May-13 17:19:24

that made me chuckle FHF, that my loss has focussed you. If only I could take the credit for it. I am not looking forward to when this particular bit of AD trickery ends and my appetite comes back (although I will be glad not to be feeling so shite with the other side effects) but hopefully the loss I've had to date will keep me on the straight and narrow.

I have another 2 week sick note, so will have 2 days work before the half term break.

Huffpot Sat 11-May-13 16:25:19

A loss is a loss lady!
Agree it will be much nicer for you when it all settles down though

Am trying to be much more careful with syns this week but am struggling a bit as my gynaecology appointment for results is next week so its brought up the sadness again sad Hopefully we can get some answers and some closure

Am scan branning it this week too so hopefully that will make a difference.
I'm having it topped with 0% total greek yoghurt with vanilla and sweetener in it and sliced banana - much more palatable

B: Apple and cuppa (early start to get up to Asda/Lidl as big match on at Wembley today)
L: 4 scan bran as above, apple and cuppa
D: Roast chicken and veg

Snacking on mangetout now as its cooking

smile

Huff, am sure this week will be hard on you and your dh. I think of you all the time.

I bit the bullet & got weighed on Thursday! Gained 4lb but that was nothing compared to what it could have been.

I thought getting weighed would focus me, but it hasn't really. Saying that, I'd a meal out last night and birthday cake etc but am on plan today!! Have had a banana for breakfast, need to go to the shops for something for dinner!

Huffpot Mon 13-May-13 17:27:13

Hope you're back on track Fair
Its so easy to get side tracked isn't it?

Am still scan branning and trying to stay under 7 syns a day

Am out for the day at Kew Gardens then dinner out with the girls, a Holy Communion and lunch out Saturday followed by a birthday party and my cousin is coming over from Ireland next Tuesday and we're off to the theatre Tuesday night, dinner then a few drinks in Soho.
WI next week may not be pretty!!

ladyarwenevenstar Wed 15-May-13 10:30:51

just checking in. DH has had the laptop with him at his temping job, and the desktop is TOOOOO SLOOOW. He is taking it again when he goes back on THursday so I might not be about much.

Anyhow, 4lb loss this week grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now