Can I reduce my calories further?

(11 Posts)
rusmum Thu 29-Nov-12 22:38:09

whats 5: fasting? lost 38 lb and stuck!" need 10 more off. Been stuck for over 2 months 1lb on 2lb off, 2lb on, 3lb off etc etc etc

ohfunnyface Wed 28-Nov-12 14:14:36

Don't go below 1200.

Is there any activity you're allowed to do which would raise your heart rate?

Upwardandonward Wed 28-Nov-12 14:12:21

It's been 2.5 months now gnocci. I think I'll wait and see til Christmas, thanks smile

ppeatfruit Wed 28-Nov-12 12:22:50

The best Way Of Eating is the Paul Mckenna; grin look at our thread you don't count cals or buy shxx diet food or go to meetings or even change what you eat normally esp. if it's healthy.

It just changes our WAY of eating and is FAB!!

gnocci Wed 28-Nov-12 11:42:06

How long have you not lost weight for? You may find your body is just stalling for a week or two and then all of a sudden will start losing again. This happened to me and I have lost a further 1st+ since the plateau without changing anything, I just stood firm and kept going.

Upwardandonward Wed 28-Nov-12 08:22:30

My medics condition doesn't affect what I eat, but means I can't exercise. I also hsve deprrssion which means vlcd are contraindicated. I'm 5' tall and very sedentary.

As far as what I eat goes; porridge, fruit, chicken, veg, occasional pasta, diet hot choc.

TellMeLater Tue 27-Nov-12 23:46:09

If there is a medical issue regarding lowering calorie intake then you need to see someone more knowledgable than us lot - at least someone who knows your medical condition before they start giving out advice on diet!

I think you might find that eating more, but good food, will kick start some more weight loss.
Unless you are very petite, you are probably eating below what your body wants to function, so your metabolism will be slowing down.

Are you exercising? Going below 1200 really isn't a good plan as I'm sure you know. What kind of food makes up your 1200 at the moment?

TalkinPeace2 Sun 25-Nov-12 20:25:15

try 5:2 intermittent fasting instead - much more fun

Upwardandonward Sun 25-Nov-12 18:58:10

Medically I can't do a VLCD. However, I'm eating 1200 kcal a day and no longer losing weight (at 12st, down from 14 st 4 lbs).

I'm using myfitnesspal, can I go down to 1000 kcal per day? How can I be sure I'm eating what I need?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now