Getting healthy and losing weight through the power of MOTIVATION

(965 Posts)

Motivational Monday - where we are motivated to stick to our diet and exercise plans for the rest of the week.
Progess logged on Kato's spreadsheet (if you want to of course)
grin

eighty what's a baby triathlon? It still sounds hard even with the word baby in front. grin

Kato your motivation is fantastic. I think I'd have refused to join in. I'd be scared I think. Is it a small, friendly gym or a big anonymous one?

IMST how about veggie cottage pie?

reastie Thu 22-Nov-12 08:37:07

IMST confused . I'll think on it. That is a tough one hmm .

reastie Thu 22-Nov-12 08:40:57

All I can think (which really isn't that great) is to do big baked potatoes and then put a variety of fillings on the table for people to serve themselves so people have what they like/can eat. You could have veggie sausages/baked beans/salad/sweetcorn/cheese etc. Would fit everyones dietary problems, but isn't really a main course you can bake and put in front of everyone ready to eat like a pie/lasagne IYKWIM. I was going to say home made pizzas (have you got a breadmaker to make the base?) with baked potatoes and salad, but not sure how dairy free cheese would work.

Dairy free cheese is horrible sad
I think I'll do two quiches, one with soya milk and bacon and the other with cheese and onion. I have plenty of salad so that'll be fine.
What will probably happen now is that my parents will decide they aren't hungry and I'll be put out that I've gone to all that trouble for nothing.
I have plenty of chicken pasta bake in the freezer, but that fits so few of the dietary criteria it's pretty much useless. It does, however, mean I have no space in the freezer when if I have lots of spare quiche.

You should make fish pie and eat it in front of everyone, really making sure you enjoy it. And make them potato waffles and beans. <evil>

4 of us could eat fish pie, lasagne would be the least accommodating choice. Dad likes the local pub's vege burger, we'll probably end up there.

Actually, moussaka would be the worst possible meal, only I would eat it!

CordeliaChase Fri 23-Nov-12 02:04:00

How is everyone getting on? I've had an 'ok' day today. Slim fast shake for breakfast (half milk half water because we ran out of milk sad ). Chicken pan fried (no oil) with mashed vegetables (sweet potato, butternut squash with carrot and mashed cauliflower with a bit of cheese). Low carb and pretty low calorie. Came to dinner time, had some more chicken and left over cauliflower mash but couldn't eat it. Felt full still grin then I needed something sweet and had an apple instead of the oh so tempting rocky road frozen yoghurt (dribble dribble). I need some scales to keep track and make sure I'm losing weight. Can't get out the flat either, there's a 4 foot snow drift blocking me in sad

reastie Fri 23-Nov-12 07:18:26

Have been lurking but too ashamed to post progress as been eating too much and it may have included chocolate . I've been having a few anxiety problems recently which has been making me comfort eat. I'm trying to break the pattern but it's hard. Don't seem <crosses fingers> to have put on weight though, so hoping I have damage limited somehow.

Cordelia can you take some measurements and track those whilst you wait to sort out scales? I think if you count progress it definitely helps motivation when you have weak moments which I have alot of

Reastie, don't stop posting, it's when you feel vulnerable we're here to help you stay on track. We're not judgey pants here you know, although we are quite straight talking sometimes.
I solved the dietary dilemma by eating out: 2 vege burgers and chips, fish and chips, scampi and chips, a DC burger and a DC lasagne between us.
I just squeaked under cals because I gave away most of the chips did a fair bit of walking (even in that weather!) and drank half-pints of beer slowly all evening (managed 1.5 pints all in)

FivesAndNorks Fri 23-Nov-12 08:39:13

Hi everyone
glad you got it sorted IMST - I was going to say tell your DF if he wants a potato elephant he can sculpt it himself wink
I'm not doing well sad I was doing OK earlier this week but then period and awful cold hit and I took solace in comfort food. Starting again on Monday.

Four feet of snow Cordelia? I don't know whether to be jealous or glad that I'm here. shock how prepared do you have to be to cope with that?

reastie don't go. sad you are bound to have the odd days where you slip up. I'm sorry you're suffering anxiety. Take a few guilt free days and then carry on when you feel better. It will do you much more good that feeling bad every time you put something in your mouth. Be careful of your iron levels too. When do you go back for a check up?

IMST I still think you should have given them smiley faces and beans. grin

Hi Fives. I hope your cold passes quickly. You'll be fine on Monday. A few days off is not the end of the world. I think we've all done it on this thread at some point.

Anyone seen Stealth about? Hope she's ok.

FivesAndNorks Fri 23-Nov-12 09:46:54

I am stealth , sorry should have mentioned.. brain not working smile thanks for worrying about me though

Oh good. Would never have guessed that. Glad you haven't abandoned us. grin

<steps back into thread a few lbs lighter>

Hello, sorry i disappeared. Not been on MN as much lately. Busy, busy busy and have had various bugs! Doing ok, mainly due to the fact that I haven't compleatly got my appetite back yet and am skint because of ds's upcoming birthday and christmas, no spare pennies for junk food! grin

How are you all doing?

Will try and catch up abit! smile

The Mortgage Offer arrived this morning!!!!! Hip Hip Hooray!

Maintain this week, but scales very ropey....

Still, Happy as Larry!!

FivesAndNorks Fri 23-Nov-12 13:57:38

That's brilliant grin

reastie Fri 23-Nov-12 14:36:48

Kato that's fab news - yeah!.

Thanks for the nice comments. I have I think 2 or 3 weeks till next blood test to check on iron levels to hope they're a bit better. I'm feeling partially positive though - have about 4 lbs to go until I would have lost 4 stone this year - I never would have thought this time last year I would have managed so much <pats self on back>

Bonkey good to see you grin

stealth I would have never realised unless you said that was you!

CordeliaChase Fri 23-Nov-12 15:20:19

Wow Reastie that's amazing!!

I'm using my clothes as the judge at the moment. Decided I won't be goin outside today though, it's down to -24 shock. Brrrrrrr!!

Yay kato, still all going through then? not had a chance to read back yet

Cheers reastie how are you doing?

Cordelia -24?!? shock makes me shiver just thinking about it. Where are you?

Brilliant Kato. Enjoy all that packing!

Four stone reastie. That's will power for you. smile

Nice to see you back Bonkey. I can sympathise with December birthdays. In my family we have one on 11th, 16th, 18th and 24th. Then one on 4th and 11th January. Along with Christmas and new year we end up totally skint!

Cordelia I think I would spend all winter in tears if I lived there. I feel cold as pain and it sometimes hurts so much it makes me cry. blush

CordeliaChase Fri 23-Nov-12 17:08:23

I'm in Canada, experiencing my first Canadian winter. It's nearly lunchtime and I've not braved the cold outdoors yet today! It's going to get colder, down to -35 apparently. Wow. Not sure winter is the best time to lose weight, might need the fat to keep me warm haha! X

I made a lovely dinner today, sort of cottage pie, except the meat had lentils and butternut squash added, and the topping was sweet potato. It was very filling and nutritious, and everyone liked itgrin.

Sounds good. I've had Belvita and that's it. I think I have the stomach bug that's been going around school. I've not had d&v but I feel rank. sad

Hair Oh nosad! I hope you feel better soon. Drink plenty of water in the meantime.
I have a christening party today, I'm aiming for 1 slice of cake, and some good choices all round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now