2lbs a week for 35 weeks- anyone in?

(287 Posts)
theowlworrier Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:24

I have a pretty big move coming up in just under 9 months. want to be at my ideal weight by then. This will involve losing a minimum of 5 stones (70lbs). I have come to the conclusion that doing a crazy all or nothing weightloss plan isn't going to work for me. what ordinarily happens is that I lose loads to begin with, then it all goes to pot and I put it all back on again.
So... would anyone like to join me. My first target is 10lbs by the end of november. I will just be eating lower carb, less snacking, more exercise where possible (7 mo dd and dh who works shifts, so a bit of a challenge sometimes!).

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 21:25:22

Haha ok I will check that one out smile just added you

juneybean Fri 08-Mar-13 19:59:49

Our poor little thread here is a bit dead so I also dabble on the Chiefs one if you've seen it around. I've added a few of those on MFP to keep me focused. I'm jefnerf on mfp if you add folk.

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 19:58:57

Haha I agree! It was a nice positive start so I just have to try and stay on track, hopefully these threads will kick me into shape

juneybean Fri 08-Mar-13 19:57:40

Brilliant loss Bambie grin it's a great incentive even if it is the alcohol wink

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 19:48:29

I see you have put me on the spreadsheet, thanks very much I have updated smile

BambieO Fri 08-Mar-13 19:45:04

Ah well done juney that's brilliant!

I lost 4.8lbs but I cut right back from my normal junk/alcohol diet so it will slow down now but was very pleased.

Is it ok to join you all?

juneybean Fri 08-Mar-13 19:37:09

I lost a 1lb this week smile

spreadsheet

BambieO Tue 05-Mar-13 14:15:25

Ps I only started Sunday but fingers crossed for a loss still

BambieO Tue 05-Mar-13 14:14:30

I'm a newbie smile please can I join?

I am 5ft 11 and weigh 195lbs. My DS is six months old and I will be going back to work soon and really don't want to be feeling this bad about myself. Would love to get some new clothes and feel fabulous.

I am doing low calorie on MFP and weigh in day will be Thursday. I am also doing the 30 day shred, on day 3 so far

You have all done so well I hope I can join in the losing!

MrsLHofstadter Tue 05-Mar-13 12:39:09

Hi Karbea, not sure where everyone is. I've not been around myself for a while.

Thanks for doing the spreadsheet juney. I'm too scared to step on the scales so shall wait until the next weigh day now and see what they say, eek!

Is anyone else still around?

Karbea Sat 02-Mar-13 14:34:23

Hello,

Can I join? I think I've only got 8lbs to loose but I really need some support, I'm only 5ft so loosing that'll make a big difference.
Last week I jogged and did shred level one on mon, tues, weds and thurs. on thurs and fri I did David kirschs 24hr detox - which was hard!
This morning I tried to carry on with the first day of the 5 day detox, but the shake was gross, tasted like cake mix, but in a bad way! Just ate some chicken, lettuce, yellow pepper, celery, and sinned with humours and half a thin rice cake (hopefully not too bad).

Really need tips on how to keep up exercise and good food as I last a couple of days then I'm back on the couch with a creamy high fat curry sad

juneybean Fri 01-Mar-13 12:11:21

I've added March if any one is still around!

juneybean Fri 15-Feb-13 11:20:39

I did! But I do have morning-after guilt today haha!

I've updated the spreadsheet, a 1lb on so not too bad!

Chocchip88 Fri 15-Feb-13 09:12:14

Hope you enjoyed it!

juneybean Thu 14-Feb-13 21:06:55

I've been very naughty this week and tonight blew it all for a takeaway so will expect a gain tomorrow! But back on it next week!

Chocchip88 Thu 14-Feb-13 09:59:33

Well done anyway juneybean, 2lbs is still a lot in one week.
I gained 0.5 this week confused although my scales at home show a loss and finally in the 16s! I ate loads before my weigh in for some reason so hopefully it will show up next week. I have a wedding on Saturday so will have to work extra hard the rest of the week.
Hope everyone else has a better week!

juneybean Fri 08-Feb-13 11:20:37

I lost the 2lbs I put on last week! Pity I wish it could have been a 1lb more

juneybean Thu 07-Feb-13 19:44:00

Wow brilliant loss! Well done you!

Chocchip88 Thu 07-Feb-13 12:37:52

3.5 off this week grin
Hope everyone does well tomorrow

juneybean Sun 03-Feb-13 11:04:59

Yes feeling much better thank you, hopefully I will be back on track this week!

Good luck for Wednesday!

Chocchip88 Sun 03-Feb-13 08:05:48

Well done MrsL!
Juneybean at least you know why you gained sad are you feeling better now?
I'm back on track this week, we'll see what Wednesday's Weekly Weigh-in holds.

juneybean Thu 31-Jan-13 10:15:57

Oh no! Still a loss is a loss. Not sure I'll have a loss this week, have been poorly and medicating with soothers and cough mixture which I am sure are full of sugar!

Chocchip88 Thu 31-Jan-13 08:50:30

Hi all, I've had a shocking week. By some small miracle I lost 1/2 pound though!
I'm going to be absolutely 100% on plan this week to make up for it.
Hope everyone else has had a better week.

Chocchip88 Sat 26-Jan-13 17:27:39

Well done fries! Bring on February!

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 26-Jan-13 15:16:22

still going....onwards & downwards.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now