2lbs a week for 35 weeks- anyone in?

(287 Posts)
theowlworrier Wed 24-Oct-12 16:03:24

I have a pretty big move coming up in just under 9 months. want to be at my ideal weight by then. This will involve losing a minimum of 5 stones (70lbs). I have come to the conclusion that doing a crazy all or nothing weightloss plan isn't going to work for me. what ordinarily happens is that I lose loads to begin with, then it all goes to pot and I put it all back on again.
So... would anyone like to join me. My first target is 10lbs by the end of november. I will just be eating lower carb, less snacking, more exercise where possible (7 mo dd and dh who works shifts, so a bit of a challenge sometimes!).

MissNJE Fri 02-Nov-12 11:58:56

Hello,

I hope it works Spreadsheet

It is not as fancy as BIWI's one but we can still use it and hopefully lose the weight together soon.

juneybean Fri 02-Nov-12 14:39:40

It's set as "view only" is there a way to make it open confused

juneybean Fri 02-Nov-12 14:40:30

P.S. Well done for putting it together!

ThePinkNinja Fri 02-Nov-12 14:46:28

Hi smile late to the party, but please can I join?
Crazy overweight and starting to feel like publicly sharing is only way forward....

I am EBF 6 week old ds2, so may take me awhile to figure out how is best to go for it, but really need to stop scoffing entire packets of biscuits and get on with losing 60-80lbs (yikes!)

Gained weight bf'ing the last time and so I'm desperate not to do it again as lost weight after both pregnancies....

Hmmm calorie counting or ww? (calorie counting has worked for me in past, but not sure how best to adjust cals during bf'ing? While Ww has a bf plan.... Anyone else bf'ing and trying to lose?)
x

juneybean Fri 02-Nov-12 14:53:12

Myfitnesspal.com has the option to adjust calories for breastfeeders

MissNJE Fri 02-Nov-12 20:11:17

Hi,

I am not at home now but will change it first thing tomorrow morning.

MissNJE Sat 03-Nov-12 20:27:18

Took me some time to change it, but now everybody should be able to change it.

juneybean Sat 03-Nov-12 21:07:11

Fantastic! Thank you for creating it!

isthiswhatitfeelslike Sun 04-Nov-12 01:10:01

Hi can I join as well? I'm on another thread but this one is newer (don't feel as much like a new kid grin) and I also am aiming for 2lb loss per week. I'm doing ww and myfitnesspal for calorie counting. Joined ww about 2 months ago. Was 195, now down to about 180 so steadily coming off. I'd like to lose another 50 to get me down to about 130. I'm 25 and have a 4-month-old but not bf so I have no excuse to lose.

I live in America, land of the lazy, and definitely have a sedentary lifestyle. I'm more concerned about restricting cals at the moment and then when I get down to about 160 I'll probably feel a little better about getting more exercise in.

Biggest failures I've had in the past with diets is trying to force myself to eat lots of fruit and veg, which I don't normally eat. So it gets me into the "diet mentality" and I end up quitting in a frenzy because I just don't fancy fruits and vegetables. It may not be the "healthiest" way, but I am sticking to this more than I ever have by continuing to eat mostly bread, meat, and cheese just in smaller portions. I also have at least 1 coke zero every day (best invention ever!!)

My weigh ins are on Monday's so I'll be sticking to that. Was 181 last Monday so really hoping to have dipped below 180 this week...haven't been less than 180 for about 2 years or more, I was 200 in January 2011, down to 180 in October 2011 then got pregnant and ballooned up to 235. Dropped tonnes of weight straight after baby settled at 195-200 in August this year then started ww beginning September.

Good luck to all of us!!!

MissNJE Sun 04-Nov-12 11:40:58

isthiswhatitfeelslike

Welcome! Your current weight is similar to mine and your goal weight is identical. I am currently at 178 lbs and I would like to go down to 130 lbs. I am going to NYC for Christmas and I want to be at least 170 lbs by then.

PLEASE stop drinking soda, even diet soda e.g Diet Coke an Coke Zero is so ba for you and can stop your weight loss. I hard to learn the hard way. Although I occasionally drink the odd glas of Diet Coke or Coke Zero I have stopped my daily consume of 4 liters!!! blush

Why do you not like vegetables and fruits? I am a huge fan of fruit but can't eat it as it has too much sugar. However I love vegetables. Can you not try cooking it mixed with meat, mince etc? It can make your portions much bigger without many extra calories.

If you want, you can enter your stats into the spreadsheet.

Good luck!

P.S: Where is everybody?!

juneybean Sun 04-Nov-12 11:54:00

Perhaps they fell off for the weekend grin

juneybean Sun 04-Nov-12 11:56:22

Oh I have to agree with soda, I used to drink 2 litres of Pepsi Max, two red bulls and a cup of coffee every day and I decided to give up Caffeine because the amount of artificial sweeteners I was putting into my body was ridiculous.

If I ever want a treat I go for 7up as it's clear, caffeine free and additive free

MrsLHofstadter Sun 04-Nov-12 16:11:20

I'm here! Trying to put stats in to spread sheet but it doesn't seem to be working. Will try later when I can get to the laptop. Had EXP trying to feed me this weekend so will have to get back on it tomorrow. Should be able to do 1lb by Thursday, fingers crossed.

isthiswhatitfeelslike Sun 04-Nov-12 17:20:44

I do have one portion of vegetables with supper every day, usually carrots or broccoli, but sometimes peas. I just never learned to eat fruit and veg as a child and don't have the taste for it (I will be making sure DS has plenty as he is weaned to prevent this with him!!)

- I occasionally like grapes or bananas as far as fruit goes...but it goes off so quickly I waste most of what I get and then think sod it, won't buy it.

MissNJE Sun 04-Nov-12 18:51:44

I ate a lot of rubbish today. It is Sunday and I needed a break. :D Ate some cake, a slice of bread - ops not very PCOS and low carb friendly. Tomorrow I am def back to healthy eating.

Chocchip88 Sun 04-Nov-12 20:10:52

Hi,
Can I join please?
I have a LOT to lose, I'm 5'8" and when I joined Slimming World last week I was 275.5 GAH!!
I have 15 week old DS2, I lost all my pregnancy weight in the first couple of weeks but its gradually creeping back on, last time I was breast feeding I gained 2 stone if that happens this time my fat arse will get wedged in the front door!
So, my first goal is to lose 3 stone by my brother's wedding at the end of March which works out at exactly 2lb a week.
I'll add my stats to the sheet if that's ok.
Hope everyone's weekend went ok.

juneybean Sun 04-Nov-12 20:24:55

Hi Chocchip! Welcome grin

isthiswhatitfeelslike Sun 04-Nov-12 21:38:41

Welcome from someone who joined yesterday grin

I'm going to do couch to 5k I think, starting later today or tomorrow as its beginning of the week. Found an app that will let me listen to music and gives verbal instructions when to walk/jog at the same time so going to give it a go.

I've had a really sad day today and trying v hard not to give in and eat crap, although there's a tub of toffee ice cream in the freezer calling my name. I am also having a super strong craving for homemade biscuits. Help me sad

juneybean Sun 04-Nov-12 22:46:26

Be strong! Or have a last blow out and start tomorrow.

I started the couch to 5k a few weeks ago I'm only up to week 3 so far but as someone allergic to exercise I found it easy going.

readyforno2 Sun 04-Nov-12 23:05:05

Can I join? I'm around 5 ft 5 and probably weigh around 185lb.
Ds2 is 19 weeks and I am bf. managed to lose around a stone in since he was born but have lost momentum and self control.
Going to Florida in June and would love to be lighter.

isthiswhatitfeelslike Sun 04-Nov-12 23:52:04

Started the couch to 5k, figured it would put me off the biscuit craving, or at least counteract some of the calories if I still indulged grin - as you say juney I'm allergic to exercise as well! It wasn't too bad, but I'm tired so glad it's only 3x a week.

About to have supper - grilled chicken breast and peas. Had no coke zero today smile

juneybean Mon 05-Nov-12 10:44:39

Well done for not having any coke zero! grin

I'm very naughty I weigh myself every morning and this week is looking much better than last week, hope it keeps up til weigh in day!

Chocchip88 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:48:08

I did Couch to 5k a couple of years ago, I really enjoyed it actually. I tried again after DS1 was born but found my joints just felt really loose, someone said it was because of breast feeding. I think I may just have used that as an excuse though.

MissNJE Mon 05-Nov-12 11:22:55

Hey,

I had three scrambled eggs for breakfast after having such a crap carb loaded day yesterday. I will try and start the 30 day shred again. It is tough BUT it is great.

Welcome to all the Newbies!

MissNJE Mon 05-Nov-12 11:24:27

Oh,

and just a quick reminder: It would be great if everybody enters their stats here Spreadsheet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now