NOW or NEVER, NO EXCUSES weight loss part 2

(1000 Posts)
Goldidi Sat 29-Sep-12 14:06:05

We've nearly grown out of the last thread here so i started the new one.

We're all doing different things but we're all here to support each other on the journey. We kick each other when we need it and offer sympathy when that's more appropriate.

I will!

Ok

YoucanringmySleighBells Fri 07-Dec-12 14:12:09

You can the Honours CCC wink

Yes you are totally right ich, I think imam stuck a bit on 12 pounds but as you say, if I knew in September that I would have managed that I would be delighted!

Dd is getting better slowly do we are relieved here and I have a pan of vege soup nearly ready to eat full of garlic, tomatoes and lentils to give her immune system a boost.

Who is going to start the new thread!!!!!

ICBINEG Fri 07-Dec-12 10:57:42

Nice one youcan - so glad your courage paid off with a loss!

Thing is that we have set ourselves such huge goals that 15 lbs doesn't always seem like much. But just think about all the times in your life when you would have been over the moon to have lost over a stone in a few months! I mean it is simply awesome!

There was a thread the other day about if you could snap your fingers and lose weight how much would it be...and lots of people said less than 15lbs - and you have actually done it!

YoucanringmySleighBells Fri 07-Dec-12 06:28:02

I weighed this morning...I finally got up the courage and I have lost about 1.5 pounds...taking my loss to a grand total of 15pounds. I feel relieved - thought I may have put on. I am happy as I am doing things very slowly. Some days are good, some days are 'bad' - BUT not like they were ever again. I no longer eat all day even on a bad day and I seem to find it hard to eat 2000 cals again so even on my stupid days I am still under 2000.

So weight loss is slow...but it is there and more than anything I feel in control again. When I started the thread I felt so far out of control I felt I could literally eat myself to death.

I couldn't have achieved this peace of mind without you all on here - popping in and just feeling part of a group tha DIDN'T JUDGE me thanks

Phew - had a soppy moment there....think what I will be like when I lose 2 stone!!!

YoucanringmySleighBells Thu 06-Dec-12 11:39:46

ICB - a small step but I think you must have felt a little of the weight removed from your shoulders now you have had a heart to heart?

<hands out medal>

I hope you are ok x

CCC - Bloody parents evening - mind you , it may be nice just to have a little while without the constant coughing. As patient as we try to be, sometimes you just want them to stop the noise when they have a very bad chestsad
I really hope DD feels better soon thanks

Well done johnny and human goodness you are doing so well.
Dd is now on steroids, antibiotics, eye drops and she has two new inhalers so I am really really hoping that by this evening we might see a teeny improvement. I have taken today off but still have to go in to school at four for three hours of parents evening........ angry

ICBINEG Thu 06-Dec-12 10:22:15

Hey all - sorry to hear of the ill little ones.

I would like my medal now please!

I met with my DM for lunch yesterday and we went to a Chinese buffet place...and not only did I have only one non-heaped plate but I said a whole bunch of the scary, unhappy things I hadn't been able to say on the phone.

We had a really good talk about how she wanted to deal with things as they progress and why, but the main thing I wanted to tell her was just how upset I am about it all....we aren't a very touchy feely family and I was terrified that she might think we didn't care that much. Dumb I know but it is all out there now!

YoucanringmySleighBells Thu 06-Dec-12 09:24:57

Human - You are living a normal life for now.. then back to losing very soon!! You have to make yourself happy!!! Life is short (very deep I know) and I am shocked at how quick time goes!!
I bet no one looked at you in a bad way - you are an average normal size now and won't feel like you stick out in a crowd x

Johnny - well done on the size 12 clothes - you have really inspired yourself!! Well done - pics please wink

So sorry to hear so many little ones are poorly, i hope they all get better soon.

I am ok, struggling (but I always say that). I had such a large lunch yesterday I went without dinner and didn't feel hungry. I have had a delivery of lots of eBay size 12 clothes so I feel like I have something to aim for.

human I hope you're feeling better after your 'binge' the other day. It sounds like your body likes it's healthier diet.

Oh no Checkpoint hope Dd is ok

Youcan
Dd is 9 not sure what's going on but she is ending up wiped out very very easy hacking chesty cough to . So be back to the Drs on Friday with her

Am doing fine I suspect this week will see a gain had a sod it week figuring that even putting on I am still so much lighter than before . but oh we'll can live with it will restart diet Friday

On a bright note was so nice not to feel that people were looking at me in pool and prejudging me on my weight

YoucanringmySleighBells Thu 06-Dec-12 07:11:21

Oh I just pm'ed you before checking here!! Oh this is bloody typical! Let me know if I can do anything - you older dd is welcome here if you need to do things in hospital with little dd.
Sometimes best to bypass GP and go staright to A and E where they can do nebulisers/ steroids etc... goodluck!!

LADIES - How have you all been???

Ha ha! She charges more so go with your lady.

Phew thank god you have medicine, dd is now super poorly, have another doc appt tomorrow am but am envisaging a trip to the children's ward at some point...sad

YoucanringmySleighBells Wed 05-Dec-12 11:34:03

ICB - grin
I will be the guinea pig and let you know!!

<martyr>

ICBINEG Wed 05-Dec-12 10:23:31

blush ooops youcan I am sure it will look great on you! grin

YoucanringmySleighBells Wed 05-Dec-12 06:59:29

Oh Human how bloody typical. Do you know what is wrong with DD? My son has tonsilitus and high temps rashes etc. How old is she again?

As for the food....maybe try some gluten free stuff and see if that helps?

I have booked the tanning lady for 20th dec....I have to stand in a disposable thong. Lady is really lovely though smile

Well I tried to fall of the wagon today 1 biscuit , 1 ham sandwich and some Pringles as extra well I'm never ever going near gluten again . Seems bring without it so long my stomache is seriously pissed at me horrendus cramps feeling sick bloated and farting like a trooper

I may fall of tomorrow but not gluten !!! Well I am on holiday not that doing much as dd is pretty poorly temps of 40 sad .so lucky sharing with friends so ds3 out with them and I grab fresh air when back . Hoping she picks up in time to enjoy thr rest of it

I'm another that does not use ran my legs do white I put a milk bottle to Shane

YoucanringmySleighBells Tue 04-Dec-12 20:22:20

<spanks CCC>

Hope you enjoyed them! DS has Antibiotics - I fell quite joyous. Has got worse today, fever has spiked despite meds so I am glad we got real drugs. I am all set for one more sleepless night and then hopefully he will be on the mend.

I have someone coming to house and doing it for £10 - how much doe syour friend charge? smile

youcan my friend does fake tanning, she will come to yours, she used to do strictly and xfactor, local too! Poor DS, Gosh hope you get him sorted soon.

Hmmmm on the jumpsuit, ate a school dinner and two caramel biscuits today so am being NAUGHTY.
Have just done a ten hour day though so that should have used up some calories!

Hello fighting, well done for scales purchase. I didn't weigh myself for about 3 years which is why I didn't really notice my weight creeping up. I hope you're managing to fit your diet and exercise around your long hours, it can be so difficult to.

youcan I had a fake tan about 10 years ago. No one saw me naked, I just stood in a little room and got sprayed on. It looked ok from what I remember. Do let us know how it goes, i'm sure you'll look great. and if it hides cellulite I'll be booking one too

Had lovely m and s teriyaki salmon salad for lunch but despite being 420 cals it wasn't very filling. I am going to have to snack on grpes and carrot sticks or I'll never last til dinner.

I have red hair ICB!! grin

Oops - I am mainly blonde at the moment. I want to cover a few stretch marks and cellulite so I feel comfortable swinging from the chandeliers grin

ICBINEG Tue 04-Dec-12 10:36:36

oh and seconding the call for sparkly jumpsuit piccies!

ICBINEG Tue 04-Dec-12 10:35:50

well I have absolutely nothing to say on the topic of fake tan as I am a ginger, have never done it and would presumably look utterly daft with a tan of any sort....pale and interesting is just the only way to go.

Although when asked around last night on what to wear with the red dress...someone did suggest getting some tan on...madness I tell you...madness!

OOh sparkly jumpsuit?? Sounds lovely!! Can we have a pic when it is on please?

I think I will be off to doctors this morning with DS. His throat is awful and he won't eat. He never gets ill - hasnt been to the doctors for over 2 years and he is only 3 so he is doing pretty well. I shall ring and ask if they will see him...

So is everyone ready for christmas?? I think my husband is coming home on the 23/24 dec smile
I am getting a fake tan!! I want to feel body confident. Anyone else had a tan - I have never had one and need confidence to stand half NAKED with a stranger blush

This thread is not accepting new messages.